• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi folks - I have created several custom objects but have some outstanding questions. Here's a simple example. I create an object called "ComputerType". I create fields called UserId and ComputerType. The intent would be to use the SF userid as the primary key for this table and the ComputerType field to store what kind of computer that user has (model number or whatever).

So then along with these two fields, I'd get the standard "Id" and "Name " fields created. I know the Id field is normally the primary key for an object, but in this case, I'd want to use UserId field. Is this a good approach? Basically ignoring the Id and Name and just using my custom fields?

So if I wanted to do an upsert, could I use the UserId as the lookup field?

I should mention that these objects will be manipulated by my app only and not used anywhere in the SF layouts so I don't nee any of that functionality.

Ryan

Message Edited by Ryan M on 04-04-2006 10:16 AM

Hi folks - I put a request in to turn on the Forecasting feature for my Developer Edition account. But now that i've seen it, it's actually getting in the way. Is there a way to turn this off? Since i've only got a Developer edition account I don't have access to salesforce support so this is the only channel I've got.

Ryan

Message Edited by Ryan M on 03-22-2006 03:08 PM

I have read the other posts on SSO but am still not totally clear so I wanted to explicitly ask this:

I am developing a custom tab. I have specified a URL to invoke when the tab is selected. This URL is to my site which uses anonymous authentication. I was under the impression that via a cookie or something I would be able to pick up the active session ID for the user and start making SOAP API calls. But I'm not understanding exactly where to start. Is this possible? If so, is there a code snippet for this?

Basically the user has already logged onto salesforce.com, and I don't want to have to ask them to type in their username/password again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan
Hi folks - My organization is looking at building some technology that integrates with sf.com using the web services API. I am aware that "out-of-the-box" only clients of ours with the Enterprise Edition would be able to use our application. I've also heard that if we become an official partner that there is some mechanism whereby our application could get access to the web services API for clients that have only the professional edition. I'm interested in learning more about how this works technically and also what is required to have this functionality unlocked, i.e. what kind of partner do we need to become? What costs are involved, etc..

Thanks very much for your help!

Ryan
I have read the other posts on SSO but am still not totally clear so I wanted to explicitly ask this:

I am developing a custom tab. I have specified a URL to invoke when the tab is selected. This URL is to my site which uses anonymous authentication. I was under the impression that via a cookie or something I would be able to pick up the active session ID for the user and start making SOAP API calls. But I'm not understanding exactly where to start. Is this possible? If so, is there a code snippet for this?

Basically the user has already logged onto salesforce.com, and I don't want to have to ask them to type in their username/password again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan
Hi folks - My organization is looking at building some technology that integrates with sf.com using the web services API. I am aware that "out-of-the-box" only clients of ours with the Enterprise Edition would be able to use our application. I've also heard that if we become an official partner that there is some mechanism whereby our application could get access to the web services API for clients that have only the professional edition. I'm interested in learning more about how this works technically and also what is required to have this functionality unlocked, i.e. what kind of partner do we need to become? What costs are involved, etc..

Thanks very much for your help!

Ryan