• Salesforce Developer
  • Marin Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do I enter the view that comes up right after I select a bunch of products in salesforce?  Specifically, the view that allows me to pick the quantity number.

I want to add fields to that view, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any guidance!

-Jake

Hi

Need to create a formula field , that if Status = --Not Started-- to put the number 1 in that field

Here's what i got so far, but it seems i have a syntax error somewhere

ISPICKVAL(Status, "--Not Started--")0,1

can anyone pls help me?

Thx in advance

• October 31, 2013

Hey all,

I'm working on an application for enrolling volunteers in clinical trials. Each trial has specific criteria, age, BMI, etc. that must be met by the volunteer to be part of the trial. What I'm trying to do is ensure that a volunteer object meets the specific criteria before being able to be added to the trial object. 

I have created a dropdown list referencing all trials on the volunteer record and have played around with filters for some of the criteria. However, certian criteria are based on formulas and I have not found a way to bring these values into the lookup filter. From what i've read it doesn't look likea  lookup filter can interact with a formula field.

Is there some way to create a "dummy" number field that will simply hold the same value as the field populated by my formula?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I need to display some information within a table however I cannot seem to create a table when I use the output field 'Display Text'.

I have tried using the HTML code to create a table and that didn't work.

Any  Suggestions

I am new to this data migration section.

I am using two different developer edition.

when I try to export the attachments from one developer login, it is exported.
when I try to import that attachments in to another developer login, it showing an error.

if any body knows please let me know.

• March 10, 2011

I found a thread dated 2007 that suggested the Excel Connector does not support Person Account records/fields.  Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I created the following custom fields in Contact object to calculate the average survey socre:

- Sum of Scores (field name: Sum_of_Scores__c)

- # of surveys (field name: Surveys_filled_out__c)

- Ave Score: this is a formula: ROUND(Sum_of_Scores__c / Surveys_filled_out__c,0)

However, I'm getting'#Error!' in the Ave Score field when the value of the formula returns 0. I'd like it to show '0' instead.

Does anyone know how to work around that? Thanks.

I have created a Visualforce email template that automatically attaches a PDF rendering of a quote from the opportunity object. It works fine when manually selecting the template from the email author page.

However, if I create a custom button on the opportunity page to take me to the email author page with the whoid, whatid, and template id defined in the URL, the email subject and body show up just fine but there is no attachment. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on a fix?

Message Edited by trsmith on 11-17-2008 01:08 PM

Message Edited by trsmith on 11-17-2008 01:10 PM
Hello All

Is anyone aware of a way to create/trigger a workflow rule from a formula field. I have created a field called Case Age on the case object that calculates the age in minutes. I have been asked to create an escalation alert if a case has been in the queue for 30 minutes. So, I created a workflow rule that should trigger when the age field reaches 30 but it is not working. I have read recently that it will not work unless the case is edited or modified in some way. Does anyone know of a work around for this?

I appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Kim
We currently use SFDC to track Support cases at our company and we're using a pretty stock Case tab. When editing the Case details, upon saving the record, the Last Modified date is updated as expected. However, the support engineers are very fond of using a related list - Case Comments to continually add comments to the case. They like that each Comment is encapsulated by itself (as opposed to a giant scrolling textbox) which keeps track of who when and what was happening. However, they'd like the Case Detail last modified date to be updated each time a comment is updated or created.

In talking with Basic support at SFDC, they didn't think this was possible. One solution that I could think of is to write some sort of scheduled job outside (like .NET) of SFDC that periodically checks all the cases and then update the last modified date of the Case detail if the max(last modified) field of any related comment is greater than the last modified date of the case detail. However, before going this route, I was wondering if there was another method that others have used that I haven't found in my (so far in vain) searching on the web.
I'm also questioning if I can/should be able to directly modify the last modified date field in the case details table in sfdc.

Thanks in advance,
Frank.
  • February 22, 2008
Hi there,

it's my objective to create a new field "SLA Timer". This field calculates the time since the case is created. The calculation depends on some conditions:
  • The timer stops as soon as the status of a case is changed to a specific state. There are 3 status which will stop the timer (say status x, y, z). The timer will also stop if the case is closed.
  • The timer starts as soon as the status is changed to another state which is not one of the 3 status mentioned above (x, y, z).
  • Furtermore the script has to check our business hours. The timer only runs within our business hours.
The whole day I've tried to create a formula field which calculates the time. I think it's not that easy because I need a lot of additional fields. Also I'm not sure if it's the best way to use the formula language.

Thanks for any help, Bjoern
  • February 19, 2008
I am a certified Salesforce Administrator and certified Level II Salesforce Consultant with eleven years of experience. Experience and abilities include:
  • Managing database customizations - Objects, Object relationships, Fields, Page Layouts
  • Managing security - Users, Roles, Profiles, Permission Sets
  • Managing data - Views, Reports, Dashboards
  • Managing data integrity - Data imports, mass data updates, Validation Rules
  • Managing automation - Workflow, Flow, Triggers, Process Builder
  • Managing data integration - Integrating websites, retail management software (POS), and finance software with Salesforce

I'm not just a "techie". I have knowledge and experience in Marketing, Sales, Operations, Customer Service, and Finance. This knowledge really helps me on the analytical side of things when we're working towards building you an easy-to-use and USEFUL Salesforce database that your team actually enjoys using.

I have designed many custom apps in Salesforce, including retail sales modules, inventory tracking, scheduled shipment tracking, customer reward programs, gift card management, outbound call trackers, and more.

I am intelligent, honest, and hard working. I communicate well. I get really vested in the companies I choose to work with. In other words, I want to help you maximize your profits. I feel that database designs can be as integral to your company's success as your product(s) and your personnel.

Here is my resume is on Google Docs.

Note- I have an employment gap to explain. I've been away from Salesforce and databases for a short time. In mid 2015, I was offered the opportunity to be a caretaker. So I left my winery job and moved from Napa to Santa Rosa, and for the last three years  I have lived on and maintained a beautiful property. WELL... the property is now being sold. And just as well. I enjoyed the time off from computer work for a few years, and I appreciate the experience I had to "get my hands dirty" with labor. But I am ready to get back to what I do best - database management. Seriously, I'm REALLY good at it.

I'm available to start immediately. Please email anytime, or call me any day between 7am and 7pm PDT.

Jeff Talbot
marin.consulting@gmail.com
My Flow with a "Record Update" is only updating 200 records. My first guess was that there is a limit for Record Updates in a Flow. But I can't find documentation to support that guess, and besides, doesn't a 200 limit on record updates seem VERY low?

This is a simple, 3 step Flow. It is launched from a custom button because it requires a variable assignment for the first step:

1) Record Lookup - take the variable from the launch URL and get the record Name
2) Screen - display the record Name and ask for input of a date field
3) Record Update - update all child records of the variable with the date entered in step 2

I am unable to find documentation that definitively indicates that there is a limit for Record Updates in a Flow.  There are two interesting points in the online documentation.

1) https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=vpm_designer_elements_record_update.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=vpm_designer_elements_record_update.htm&language=en_US)
There is a large, highlighted warning with giant red exclamation point indicating "You must configure at least one filter, or you will update all the records for the object." -- so SF documentation essentially indicates that it's possible to update ALL records in an object, regardless of how many records there are.
User-added image

2) https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_flow_action_considerations.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_flow_action_considerations.htm&language=en_US)
There is a point in the documentation for Flow Triggers (no indication that this is applicable to a standard Flow) which I'm thinking MAY be relevant). It states "Flows that are launched from workflow rules are governed by the per-transaction limits already enforced by Apex.". Certainly, I'm not launching this standard Flow from a Workflow Rule, but I am in the Flow Triggers pilot program. Again, the Flow in question is NOT a Trigger Ready Flow. It has a screen element, and does not use any of the Fast record actions, Sojbect variables, or Loops. So if this per-transaction limit is applicable to a standard flow, can someone please tell me exactly what this limit is? The only "200" that I see in Apex per-transaction limits is a limit for asynchronous transactions. Could this be what's happening?

Thank you so much to anyone that can offer any insight. I've had to post here because SF Premier Support has been trying to come up with an answer for 8 days now, and despite having several "experts" review the Case, they still don't have an answer.

Folks, we WASTED TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS on Premier Support -- I would HIGHLY discourage anyone from purchasing a Premier Support contract. SF will promise you improved support over and over and over again. But the truth is, all that you'll get beyond the standard free support is access to some online classes. Their improved response times and supposed "access to Product experts" is just hot air.
In a Flow (Visual Workflow), if I assign the system.date to a variable and display it on the screen, it displays as "April 29, 2014". Is there a way to get this date field to display as "4/29/2014"?
I have a custom object "Inventory Movement". On Opportunity Line Items, I have a custom lookup field that links the Line Item record to an "Inventory Movement" record. If the Line Item is deleted, the Inventory Movement record needs to be deleted.

I have successfully implemented an "after delete" Trigger on Opportunity Line Items. When I delete an Opportunity Line Item, the Trigger deletes the Inventory Movement record.

I'm not clear why my trigger doesn't work when I delete an Opportunity. When an Opportunity is deleted, its line items are automatically deleted by Salesforce system functionality. How come this auto deletion of line items doesn't fire the Trigger?

Populating a lookup field with a URL hack is discussed in many online forums. I cannot find anywhere that discusses deleteing the value in a lookup field with a URL hack. Neither of the two attmempts below worked for me.

HYPERLINK("/"& Id & "/e?00N70000002svgb=&00N70000002svgb_lkid=&save=1&retURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba&saveURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba", "Delete Gateway", "_self")

HYPERLINK("/"& Id & "/e?00N70000002svgb=&00N70000002svgb_lkid=null&save=1&retURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba&saveURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba", "Delete Gateway", "_self")

Note that my actual formula deletes data in several other text and picklist fields, and all of the other fields are successfully updated when the URL is clicked. All other parts of this formula are working fine. I just can't get the value in the lookup field to be deleted. The lookup field is not a required field.

I have a $25 product. If I create an Opportunity Line Item with a quantity of 12, my total price is $300. I want to discount the Total Price to $200 (a 1/3 discount).

If I enter a discount percentage of 33.33333%, it gets rounded or truncated to 33.33%, and my Total Price ends up at $200.01.

Any ideas how I can I get my Total Price to $200?

Our email vendor can accept record submissions with a URL. If I open a web browser and enter this URL, our email vendor accepts the data and does what it's supposed to do (send an email using the merge field data that is included in the URL parameters).

http://mv.treehousei.com/Services/RemoteForm.ashx?_mvSurveyId=surveyid&ques_27197=Jeff&ques_27198=Talbot&ques_27200=jeff@maisonry.com&ques_27199=7074956003&ques_29628=12345

I want to setup a SF workflow that will trigger this URL to be sumitted. Is this typically done with outbound messaging?

Note that I need to populate the URL parameters using data from the Salesforce record (first name, last name, email, phone, custom fields, etc.). It would be really easy to create the URL using a Salesforce email template and merge fields, but an Email Alert workfow action can't be submitted to a URL. There doesn't seem to be any way to dynamically build the URL for Outbound Messages - the only option seems to be a static endpoint URL.

Can anyone help get me moving in the right direction on this requirement? Thanks!

For an Analytic Snapshot source report, I tried to use a summary report that shows a count of Contacts by Rating (Cold, Warm, Hot). The report is summarized on Rating, showing Contact record count totals in each grouping.

I'm not understanding how I can get the count of Contacts from each report grouping to map to a unique number field in the target object. Logically thinking, there's no way to know how many fields are needed in the target object because the number (or names) of groupings in the report could change-- from the addition and deletion of data, or from addition or deletion of picklist values.

To get my desired results (in bold above), do I need to run three separate reports (Cold, Warm, Hot) with three separate analytic snapshots, mapping each report's grand summary total to a single field in the target object?

If that's the case, I'm not understanding the use-case for choosing a summary report with grouping level 1 as the source report for an analytic snapshot. If I can't dump the recordcount/sum/avg/max/min for each group into separate fields in the target object, then why would I use grouping level 1? Help me get out of this fog please!

1) Opportunity has two custom fields - "Sale Brand" and "Sale Channel". Sale Brand is one of three brand names. Sale Channel is Retail or Web.

2) Opportunity has a custom lookup relationship to Contact.

Data Example:

TestContact has 4 Opportunities -  a Web sale from Store1, a Web sale from Store2, a Retail sale from Store2 and a Retail sale from Store3.

I need a report like this:

ContactCount of  Store1 SalesCount of  Store2 SalesCount of  Store3 SalesCount of  Web SalesCount of  Retail Sales
TestContact12122

Currently to accomplish this, I export reports of all Contacts and all Opportunites, join the tables in MS-Access, and use SQL queries to produce the desired totals. Then I upload the results into custom fields on the Contact record. This gives our managers the data they need in one simple Contact report. But of course, the data is only as current as the last time I ran through the process. Not good when I can only get to this every other week!

So I need to fully automate the population of this sales summary data into custom Contact fields. I am considering ways to accomplish this.

It seems that I could get the desired results using Apex Triggers. However, as a novice programmer at best, I'm concerned about my ability to write a trigger with the level of complexity that would be needed (as the Triggers would need to fire different updates for different transactions - stage changes, brand assignment changes, customer changes, etc.)

Alternatively, I am considering setting up an an automated datamart type process to run each night. I would use a database tool that we have (Boomi) to query all Contacts and Opps in Salesforce and write them to files on a local server. Then I'd use MS-Access to run the queries and write results to another file. Boomi would then pickup that final file and push the results back to SF Contact records.

Is there an easier option that I should consider? If you have any other ideas you think I should consider, or any thoughts on my ideas, please PLEASE reply. I don't want to take an ineffecient approach with this reporting initiative. Thank you!

I am starting to work on a Visual Workflow that queries a custom object record, and processes the data from all the fields in that object. There are 110 fields in the custom object. I will need all of them in the Flow.

1) Does anyone know if I'll hit any limitations in a large, complex Flow that is creating and updating records in six different Objects? I've searched help and boards quite a bit, and I haven't found anything to concern me. That said, I don't want to get 80% through this build and then get surprised by some kind of Salesforce limitation on Flow.

2) Do I need to manually create all the variables? Or is there a way to mass create all the variables that I need using a list of field names from the custom object? Either way, I guess I still have to manually map all the field values to the variables in my Record Lookup element. So it's still going to be a lot of work. But oh, the time this is going to save!

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the Salesforce toolbar in Outlook to stay where you move it?

I want the SF toolbar to be alongside the Outlook standard toolbar, but when I close Outlook and reopen it, the SF toolbar always moves back below the standard toolbar.

Several tech sites on the web indicate that the placement of third party toolbars in Outlook are controlled by the third party, and there is no setting in Outlook to address this issue. I'm using Outlook 2007.

I have a need that can't be accomplished with Workflow. I'm posting here hoping someone has some insight for me.

When a Campaign Member record is updated (to be specific - when a value in a particular custom field is updated), I need to create a completed Task on the Contact (or Lead) record that is associated with that Campaign Member record. I'm thinking this could be accomplished with an Apex Trigger. Unfortunately, I have almost no experience writing Apex Triggers.

So before I go down the path of trying to learn Apex and learn how to accomplish this particular goal, can anyone confirm if I can even achieve this goal using an Apex trigger? If so, and if you have any tips or helpful links, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! Love the SF community!

If you or someone you know needs a Salesforce Administrator for project work or an implementation, I am currently seeking employment or contract work.

Here's a bit about me:

• I have six years of experience as a Salesforce.com Administrator (both as a full time employee, and as an independent consultant).
  • I am a Certified Saleforce.com Administrator, and a Certified Level II Salesforce.com Consultant (an individual, not a consulting firm).
  • I have an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities (and shortcomings) of Salesforce.com in each different edition, and this knowledge allows me help Salesforce customers get the MOST out of their system based on their own unique business requirements.
  • I have an excellent knowledge of Salesforce licensing, user setup, and the Salesforce security model.
  • I can implement custom tables, custom fields, custom page layouts, formulas, validation rules, workflow rules, and much more.
  • I am an advanced report writer, whether using Salesforce reporting or an external reporting tool. 
  • I can implement more challenging modules such as Web-to-Lead, customer portals, partner portals, customizable forecasting, and more.
  • I am an advanced formula writer (custom fields, validation rules, workflow rules, custom buttons, custom summary fields, etc.)
  • Finally, yes, I'll admit it... I'm a data geek. I am very experienced with data migration, data creation, data manipulation, and data integrity.

I offer reasonable hourly rates with discounts available.  Please email if you'd like more information. Thank you.

-Jeff

marin_consulting@yahoo.com

A year ago, a prior administrator created a custom field 'Internal ID' in the Account object with a field type of Auto Number. However, he did not check the "Generate Auto Number for existing records" checkbox. As a result, I have 79 Account records with no Auto Number.

I need to get an Auto Number assigned to those 79 Accounts. The problem is that the option to "Generate Auto Number for existing records" only appears when the Auto Number field is first created.

I've seen a method described where you change the Auto Number field to text and then back to Auto Number. But the details of using that method are vague, and I can't tell if I will lose the Auto Numbers that are already assigned. I absolutely can not lose the Auto Number that has been generated for the other 40 thousand Accounts. If I lose the existing auto numbers, I can probably kiss my job goodbye.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

In my custom "Jobs" table, I have a field "Preferred Truck", a lookup relationship to my custom "Trucks" Table. It is not a required field.

I want to show the Truck Fee (from the Trucks Table) on the Jobs Table. So I created a custom formula field (currency) in the Jobs table that gets its value from the "Truck Fee" currency field in the Trucks table.

Here's the problem:

If the Preferred Truck field is populated, the formula produces the correct result. But if it is not populated, the result is "#Error!" rather than $0.00.

Changing the option in "blank field handling" doesn't change anything.

Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

SF doesn't fax. But it will email, and there are 3rd party email2fax services out there (efax, etc.).

But the 3rd party email2fax services don't work with SF email headers. They can't verify that the email is coming from one of their paid customers, so they reject the email.

Does anyone know email technicalities well enough to make an educated guess as to whether implementing SF Email Relay would resolve this issue? If I use SF Email Relay, would my SF emails generate email headers that look exactly like the headers I get if I send an email through my email client?

Import Wizards, Data Loader, and Excel Connector -- Each of these tools inserts new records in batches.

I need a way to insert a spreadsheet of records one at a time.

Reason: Parent record has workflow that runs field updates based on data in the most recent child record. If insertion of child records is done in batches, parent record workflow only runs one time for each batch of child records inserted, rather than one time for EACH child record inserted.

When I load the records one at a time in Excel Connector, all is perfect.

Any help, tips, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'd like to create a custom link on my Account page layout that opens an Opportunity list view, showing all the Opportunities for that Account.

I am able create a custom link that that opens to a Report of all Opportunities for that Account by adding "?pv0=Account ID" to the end of the URL as described in Salesforce Help. Is there a way to mimick this functionality for a list view? I want to take advantage of the inline editing that the list view can offer.

Thanks for any insight!

If you or someone you know needs a Salesforce Administrator for project work or an implementation, I currently have available time to do project work.

Here's a bit about me:

·         I have six years of experience as a Salesforce.com Administrator (both as a full time employee, and as an independent consultant).

·         I am a Certified Saleforce.com Administrator, and I am a Certified Level II Salesforce.com Consultant (an individual, not a consulting firm).

·         I have an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities (and shortcomings) of Salesforce.com in each different edition, and this knowledge allows me help Salesforce customers get the MOST out of their system based on their own unique business requirements.

·         I have an excellent knowledge of Salesforce licensing, user setup, and the Salesforce security model.

·         I can implement custom tables, custom fields, custom page layouts, formulas, validation rules, workflow rules, and much more.

·         I am an advanced report writer, whether using Salesforce reporting or an external reporting tool. 

·         I can implement more challenging modules such as Web-to-Lead, customer portals, customizable Forecasting, and more.

·         I am an advanced formula writer (custom fields, validation rules, workflow rules, custom buttons, custom summary fields, etc.)

·         Finally, yes, I'll admit it... I'm a data geek. I am very experienced with data migration, data creation, data manipulation, and data integrity.

I offer reasonable hourly rates with discounts available.  Please email if you'd like more information. Thank you.

-Jeff

marin_consulting@yahoo.com

Message Edited by TA_Invisible on 04-02-2009 08:47 AM
When a Lead/Contact is added to a Campaign (in other words, when a new Campaign Member record is created), is there any built-in way to send an email notification to the Lead/Contact owner?

I do have a workaround in mind. I'd just prefer to use a built in way if there is one. Thanks.
My Flow with a "Record Update" is only updating 200 records. My first guess was that there is a limit for Record Updates in a Flow. But I can't find documentation to support that guess, and besides, doesn't a 200 limit on record updates seem VERY low?

This is a simple, 3 step Flow. It is launched from a custom button because it requires a variable assignment for the first step:

1) Record Lookup - take the variable from the launch URL and get the record Name
2) Screen - display the record Name and ask for input of a date field
3) Record Update - update all child records of the variable with the date entered in step 2

I am unable to find documentation that definitively indicates that there is a limit for Record Updates in a Flow.  There are two interesting points in the online documentation.

1) https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=vpm_designer_elements_record_update.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=vpm_designer_elements_record_update.htm&language=en_US)
There is a large, highlighted warning with giant red exclamation point indicating "You must configure at least one filter, or you will update all the records for the object." -- so SF documentation essentially indicates that it's possible to update ALL records in an object, regardless of how many records there are.
User-added image

2) https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_flow_action_considerations.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workflow_flow_action_considerations.htm&language=en_US)
There is a point in the documentation for Flow Triggers (no indication that this is applicable to a standard Flow) which I'm thinking MAY be relevant). It states "Flows that are launched from workflow rules are governed by the per-transaction limits already enforced by Apex.". Certainly, I'm not launching this standard Flow from a Workflow Rule, but I am in the Flow Triggers pilot program. Again, the Flow in question is NOT a Trigger Ready Flow. It has a screen element, and does not use any of the Fast record actions, Sojbect variables, or Loops. So if this per-transaction limit is applicable to a standard flow, can someone please tell me exactly what this limit is? The only "200" that I see in Apex per-transaction limits is a limit for asynchronous transactions. Could this be what's happening?

Thank you so much to anyone that can offer any insight. I've had to post here because SF Premier Support has been trying to come up with an answer for 8 days now, and despite having several "experts" review the Case, they still don't have an answer.

Folks, we WASTED TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS on Premier Support -- I would HIGHLY discourage anyone from purchasing a Premier Support contract. SF will promise you improved support over and over and over again. But the truth is, all that you'll get beyond the standard free support is access to some online classes. Their improved response times and supposed "access to Product experts" is just hot air.

Receiving error Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

with this Ispickval statement

IF(
ISPICKVAL(Number_in_Household__c,"1")
  (Gross_Househould_Income_per_Year__c / 11,490)
)

CAn anyone help me?

I am trying to write a workflow or a formula that when this Assumed_Product_Interest__c is updated by certain user roles that it checks another field Lock_Product_Interest__c.  I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

How do I enter the view that comes up right after I select a bunch of products in salesforce?  Specifically, the view that allows me to pick the quantity number.

I want to add fields to that view, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any guidance!

-Jake

Hi

Need to create a formula field , that if Status = --Not Started-- to put the number 1 in that field

Here's what i got so far, but it seems i have a syntax error somewhere

ISPICKVAL(Status, "--Not Started--")0,1

can anyone pls help me?

Thx in advance

• October 31, 2013

Populating a lookup field with a URL hack is discussed in many online forums. I cannot find anywhere that discusses deleteing the value in a lookup field with a URL hack. Neither of the two attmempts below worked for me.

HYPERLINK("/"& Id & "/e?00N70000002svgb=&00N70000002svgb_lkid=&save=1&retURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba&saveURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba", "Delete Gateway", "_self")

HYPERLINK("/"& Id & "/e?00N70000002svgb=&00N70000002svgb_lkid=null&save=1&retURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba&saveURL=/006?fcf=00B70000007W9Ba", "Delete Gateway", "_self")

Note that my actual formula deletes data in several other text and picklist fields, and all of the other fields are successfully updated when the URL is clicked. All other parts of this formula are working fine. I just can't get the value in the lookup field to be deleted. The lookup field is not a required field.

I want to Create a  Validation Rule that Disallows Users taking ownership of records if they Are in the Same Role 

Example 

User A and User B are in the Same Role, So User B can't take ownership of records that are in User A's possession. 

Admins and Manager are able to take ownership though. 

Thanks in Advance 

Hey all,

I'm working on an application for enrolling volunteers in clinical trials. Each trial has specific criteria, age, BMI, etc. that must be met by the volunteer to be part of the trial. What I'm trying to do is ensure that a volunteer object meets the specific criteria before being able to be added to the trial object. 

I have created a dropdown list referencing all trials on the volunteer record and have played around with filters for some of the criteria. However, certian criteria are based on formulas and I have not found a way to bring these values into the lookup filter. From what i've read it doesn't look likea  lookup filter can interact with a formula field.

Is there some way to create a "dummy" number field that will simply hold the same value as the field populated by my formula?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please convert into a formula that I can enter in a formula editor of workflow.

descString += posToUpdate.Name != NULL ? posToUpdate.Name : '' ;
descString += dbPosition.VanaHCM__Position_Title__c != NULL ? '-'+ dbPosition.VanaHCM__Position_Title__c: '' ;
descString += dbPosition.Hire_Type__c != NULL ? '-'+ dbPosition.Hire_Type__c.left(1): '' ;
descString += posToUpdate.Funding_Type__c != NULL ? + posToUpdate.Funding_Type__c.left(1): '' ;
descString += posToUpdate.Funding_Status__c != NULL ? + posToUpdate.Funding_Status__c.left(1): '' ;
descString += posToUpdate.Position_FTE__c != NULL ? '-'+posToUpdate.Position_FTE__c: '' ;
if(descString.startsWith('-') && descString.length() >0){
descString = descString.substring(1);

• October 30, 2013

I need to display some information within a table however I cannot seem to create a table when I use the output field 'Display Text'.

I have tried using the HTML code to create a table and that didn't work.

Any  Suggestions

I have a $25 product. If I create an Opportunity Line Item with a quantity of 12, my total price is $300. I want to discount the Total Price to $200 (a 1/3 discount).

If I enter a discount percentage of 33.33333%, it gets rounded or truncated to 33.33%, and my Total Price ends up at $200.01.

Any ideas how I can I get my Total Price to $200?

I was wondering if it would be possible to fool SPAM bots with a hidden html field.  I have acreated a number field called "Validation" and I put an assignment rule as if the value is greater than zero that it will be marked as SPAM and won't fill employees mailboxes with emails telling them a Lead has been created.  In your experience, would the bots still fill this out or would this not be worth reconfiguring our website?

Our email vendor can accept record submissions with a URL. If I open a web browser and enter this URL, our email vendor accepts the data and does what it's supposed to do (send an email using the merge field data that is included in the URL parameters).

http://mv.treehousei.com/Services/RemoteForm.ashx?_mvSurveyId=surveyid&ques_27197=Jeff&ques_27198=Talbot&ques_27200=jeff@maisonry.com&ques_27199=7074956003&ques_29628=12345

I want to setup a SF workflow that will trigger this URL to be sumitted. Is this typically done with outbound messaging?

Note that I need to populate the URL parameters using data from the Salesforce record (first name, last name, email, phone, custom fields, etc.). It would be really easy to create the URL using a Salesforce email template and merge fields, but an Email Alert workfow action can't be submitted to a URL. There doesn't seem to be any way to dynamically build the URL for Outbound Messages - the only option seems to be a static endpoint URL.

Can anyone help get me moving in the right direction on this requirement? Thanks!

For an Analytic Snapshot source report, I tried to use a summary report that shows a count of Contacts by Rating (Cold, Warm, Hot). The report is summarized on Rating, showing Contact record count totals in each grouping.

I'm not understanding how I can get the count of Contacts from each report grouping to map to a unique number field in the target object. Logically thinking, there's no way to know how many fields are needed in the target object because the number (or names) of groupings in the report could change-- from the addition and deletion of data, or from addition or deletion of picklist values.

To get my desired results (in bold above), do I need to run three separate reports (Cold, Warm, Hot) with three separate analytic snapshots, mapping each report's grand summary total to a single field in the target object?

If that's the case, I'm not understanding the use-case for choosing a summary report with grouping level 1 as the source report for an analytic snapshot. If I can't dump the recordcount/sum/avg/max/min for each group into separate fields in the target object, then why would I use grouping level 1? Help me get out of this fog please!

There are 3 objects:

1. Quote: Standard Object

2. Quote Line Item: Standard object

3. BOQ Item: Custom object.

i>  BOQ Item is in a Master Detail relationship with BOQ. BOQ Item is detail object in the relationship.

ii> BOQ is in a look up relationship with Quote Line Item.

iii> There is a picklist field in the Quote Line Item called Rate Basis.

iv> I have created a formula field in the BOQ Item with the following formula:

Text(BOQ__c.Quote_Lookup__r.Rate_Basis__c)

There are no errors in the formula but at the same time no value is getting displayed.

What could be the problem?

Kindly help

Abhijeet

Hey all,

I have a simple (what I think is simple) custom link that I'd like to do the following...

1) Save the current record (from a custom object - GP Proposal)

2) Add values to a custom field

3) Return to the saved record

Here's what I've got...

/{!GP_Proposal__c.Id}/e?retURL={!GP_Proposal__c.Id}&00N60000002Pj1k="TRUE"&save=x

Good thing is it's returning to the record.  Bad thing is it's not saving the current edits(when using inline editing) and it's not passing the values to the custom field (and it's not saving that new value).

I can get by without saving the current record (and I tried the link from the detail page (not the edit page) but it still did not work).

Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.  I know it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Thanks in advance

I seem to remember learning this at some point but cannot find it. How would you (if possible) concatenate two values (ideally two input fields) into a variable?

Example Case - I have a Form Question for State and a Form Question for Expense Type. I want the Variable to grab the State value and the Expense Type value and concatenate so I can allocate that to a text field. Similar to merge fields I guess.

Can this be done?

I am new to this data migration section.

I am using two different developer edition.

when I try to export the attachments from one developer login, it is exported.
when I try to import that attachments in to another developer login, it showing an error.

if any body knows please let me know.

• March 10, 2011

I have a need that can't be accomplished with Workflow. I'm posting here hoping someone has some insight for me.

When a Campaign Member record is updated (to be specific - when a value in a particular custom field is updated), I need to create a completed Task on the Contact (or Lead) record that is associated with that Campaign Member record. I'm thinking this could be accomplished with an Apex Trigger. Unfortunately, I have almost no experience writing Apex Triggers.

So before I go down the path of trying to learn Apex and learn how to accomplish this particular goal, can anyone confirm if I can even achieve this goal using an Apex trigger? If so, and if you have any tips or helpful links, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! Love the SF community!