• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I've got a Master-Detail relationship between two custom objects, Transaction and Transaction Line Items.  I've created a VF page for Transaction Line Items in order to display some of the master Transactions fields read-only on the child page.  I've used the standard controller for Transaction Line Item, and overridden the New button to call my VF page instead.  So far, so good.

However, when I create a new Transaction Line Item record from a Transaction, the top portion of summary fields don't populate (which was the whole reason to create the VF page).  Here's my simple code - any pointers?  Thanks!

VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Transaction_Line_Item__c">
<apex:form >
<Apex:pageBlock title="Transaction info">
Transaction Date: {!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Financial_Date__c}
<p></p>
Transaction Description: <apex:outputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Transaction_Description__c}"/>
<p></p>
Transaction Amount: <apex:outputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Financial_Amount__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlock title="Enter a line item for this transaction:">
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
Line Item Description: <apex:inputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Line_Item_Description__c}" />
<p />
Line Item Amount: <apex:inputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Line_Item_Amount__c}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hi, I am using the Excel add-in to pull data into Excel, and I've got another sheet with a pivot table based on that data. When I refresh the data, even if I check the "Update pivot tables" checkbox, it doesn't update that pivot table (I have to do it manually).  Has anyone else seen something like this?
Hi, when I export a report to Excel, it doesn't send over the Custom Summary Formulas.  Is this a known limitation or am I doing something wrong?  Thanks!
Hi all, I need some help trying to streamline report refreshes from within Salesforce.com out to Excel, either via the add-in or the Connector tool.  We have a semi-unique situation where our reports are intended to provide a snapshot in time, and need to look at two different date fields.  For example, we want to see for June 2006, how many records were created within that month or had an "acceptance date" (a custom field) within that month.  That criteria looks like this in Salesforce.com reports (though this could be tweaked further too):

Filtered By:1 AND ((2 AND 3) OR (4 AND 5))
   1. Type equals XYZ
   2. Create Date greater or equal 6/1/2006 
   3. Create Date less or equal 6/30/2006 
   4. Acceptance Date greater or equal 6/1/2006 
   5. Acceptance Date less or equal 6/30/2006 

This approach leads to monthly static report folders and other non-standard structures in Salesforce.com, and removes the capability of a fast automated refresh using the GUI, the Excel add-in, or the Excel connector.

1)  The Excel connector is ruled out for automating this: it’s not well-built for pulling in nested criteria (for example, [1 or [2 and 3]]) that are used for the multiple date ranges, and thus can’t reproduce the initial reports to automate them.  It also doesn’t have this nested capability within the connector itself.

2)  The Excel add-in is ruled out for automating this: while it can pull across the nested criteria from SFdc reports, those criteria are currently static dates due to the “one rolling date” limitation on the front side of SFdc.  The Excel add-in doesn't allow updating of filter criteria.

Can anyone recommend a way to alleviate some of the manual-ness of this process?  Thanks!

Message Edited by chris925 on 07-09-2006 08:08 PM

Hi, I've got a Master-Detail relationship between two custom objects, Transaction and Transaction Line Items.  I've created a VF page for Transaction Line Items in order to display some of the master Transactions fields read-only on the child page.  I've used the standard controller for Transaction Line Item, and overridden the New button to call my VF page instead.  So far, so good.

However, when I create a new Transaction Line Item record from a Transaction, the top portion of summary fields don't populate (which was the whole reason to create the VF page).  Here's my simple code - any pointers?  Thanks!

VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Transaction_Line_Item__c">
<apex:form >
<Apex:pageBlock title="Transaction info">
Transaction Date: {!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Financial_Date__c}
<p></p>
Transaction Description: <apex:outputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Transaction_Description__c}"/>
<p></p>
Transaction Amount: <apex:outputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Financial_Transaction__r.Financial_Amount__c}"/>
<apex:pageBlock title="Enter a line item for this transaction:">
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
Line Item Description: <apex:inputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Line_Item_Description__c}" />
<p />
Line Item Amount: <apex:inputField value="{!Transaction_Line_Item__c.Line_Item_Amount__c}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

We are a small IT Consulting company based in the Atlanta area.  We currently have two clients who need assistance in the business process analysis, requirements gathering, and configuration of salesforce.com.  Both have already migrated their data.

We probably will not be able to work with large companies or recruiters as the clients have limited budgets; however, this could turn in to a great long term off and on type project for the independent contractor/consultant.

If we could find someone who was truly an expert in salesforce but who also is a mid-level Java or .NET consultant there would be a possibility of this turning in to a full time job down the road if there is mutual interest.

We need someone this week, so if you are interested and local, let me know!

lisa.duke@simplified-tech.com
770 599 9959