• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am unable to install the .net tool kit, it requires version 1.1.4322 of the .net frame work. I have 2.xx installed in the system. Please help.
  • February 18, 2006

I am trying to build a custom scontrol using which I should be able to send an e-mail with a predetermined e-mail template.

Here is what I have right now.

Custom Object Department with following fields

Department Name & Department E-mail

Custom Object myTasks with Department Name as a Lookup(Department).

Here is the e-mail template.

Subject: Assignment Notification: Task # {!myTask_Name} has been assigned to you.
Email Body: Greetings,

Task #: {!myTask_Name}
Subject: {!myTask_myTask_Subject}
Description: {!myTask_myTask_Description}

Click on the link to access the task: {!myTask_Link}

I want to add a custom link in myTask to fire off an e-mail to the proper department using the department e-mail associated to it. The idea is something simillar to what we have now in case queues and assignment rules with e-mail notifications.

Any help in completing this will be greatly appreciated.

• February 11, 2006
The application that I am creating needs to send an email out upon completion of a process. The process happens in a S-Control that updates a Custom Object.

Is there a way of sending emails through an S-Control? I have been hearing of an emailauthor.jsp but have not been able to find info on it.

Thanks.

-Oz
  • December 05, 2005
Hello. What are my options for sending emails from an scontrol? My thought is to write a standalone process that combs through objects and sends the appropriate emails, but I thought I'd check the scontrol route as well.
thanks
  • October 05, 2005