• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Forgive me if this has been asked before -- I searched, but failed to find answers in the archives.

I am evaluating salesforce.com for my employer, and am trying to do a test upload of my company's data, using the SForce Dataloader.

Creating the CSV files that conform to the salesforce.com data model is straightforward: we have tables corresponding to Accounts, Contacts, etc in our legacy system.

The problem I have is foreign key joins.

For example, I would like to create and import two CSV files, one containing Accounts and one containing Contacts. The Contact record requires a reference to the salesforce ID of the corresponding Account, but I don't have that: I haven't created the Account yet.

I can do a multi-pass import (import Accounts first, and then use the IDs created to create the Contact CSV), but I'd rather not -- how is this intended to work? I think I must be missing something.

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,
-Shawn Vincent.

svincent@exalt.com
Forgive me if this has been asked before -- I searched, but failed to find answers in the archives.

I am evaluating salesforce.com for my employer, and am trying to do a test upload of my company's data, using the SForce Dataloader.

Creating the CSV files that conform to the salesforce.com data model is straightforward: we have tables corresponding to Accounts, Contacts, etc in our legacy system.

The problem I have is foreign key joins.

For example, I would like to create and import two CSV files, one containing Accounts and one containing Contacts. The Contact record requires a reference to the salesforce ID of the corresponding Account, but I don't have that: I haven't created the Account yet.

I can do a multi-pass import (import Accounts first, and then use the IDs created to create the Contact CSV), but I'd rather not -- how is this intended to work? I think I must be missing something.

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,
-Shawn Vincent.

svincent@exalt.com