• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a custom Object "A" in sales force which has 10 record types. i have created two more custom objects "B" and "C". I have created a Master Detail relation ship in B & C with A. so A is the Parent of B & C. now i have created an S-Control which clone A and its related objects B & C. when i run the S-Control I select all the fields of A, except the sales force standard fields which sales force uses internally, and then i create a new Object of type A and set all of new Objects fields with the values extracted initially. Now when i run the Create query i get an exception that Cross Reference Id not Valid, The RecordTypeId is not valid for the current user profile. I have checked the user profile and included all the 10 record types in Object A in the Profile so the user with this profile can create records of A by selecting one of the RecordType ID.

Now i don't understand why this error is coming. I am using sales force API 8.0 in my S-controls. I have also made the exact thing in Sandbox environment and tested it there. This “create” call works correctly there and there isn't any such error. Can any one tell me what I might be doing wrong?

i have written a separate s-control which just create a new record of A with some junk values but I have written and developed this with the old API Ajaxbeta3.3 and API 7.0 I had run the create query successfully and no error for record Type Id ever occurred.

is there some different way to set the RecordTypeId in the New API 8.0 and later?

A quick response will be appreciated.

• April 04, 2007
We have created some workflow rules which trigger emails; these emails contain information about the Opportunity. We have also provided the Link to the Opportunity in these emails so that users can click the link to go to the Opportunity page. The email is received by our salesforec.com users in their outlook. Now when they click the link in any of such email in the outlook, the browser window is opened and salesforce.com ask the user to login, after a successful login salesforce.com take the user to the Opportunity page, there the users have to perform some activities which include the execution of certain S-controls(via custom links). Now if the user again clicks any link in their email in outlook, salesforce.com will not ask for their login, and take the user to the Opportunity page, now if the user tries to perform any activity using the s-controls(custom links), these s-control pages crashes where as the first time they were working correctly. We had made all the s-control using the previous version of the API. Can any one please guide us why salesforce.com has such a behavior?
This does not happen on the sandbox version of salesforce.com.
  • February 07, 2007
["Recipient Type" in creating new workflow email alert is not completely/correctly displaying in the new Winter 07 release]

Hi,
     I don't know what is wrong but it seams that the Recipient Type field found in the Workflow Email Alter edit page is not correctly displaying. In the previous version of Sales Force, when we click the Recipient Type field, a complete list of that type of recipient was displayed below it. But now in the Winter 07 release, the list is not complete, its even empty on some of the options.

I wanted to create a new workflow rule and was attaching an email alert to this rule which will have 5 to 10 sales force users as recipient. but when i tried to create the email alert i was surprised that the User option if selected is not displaying the list of all the sales force users. then i tried to select other options and the same thing happened, the lists were not complete and most of them are empty.

can any one tell, if I am doing some thing worng or it is a problem in salesforce or I have to create the email alert some other way? I have searched the elp and the documentation for the new release and there is nothing new for creating the email alert. Please provide a solotion for this problem asap.

• January 15, 2007

Hi,

I have developed an s-control (say its name is "Common") which has some functions. I am including this S-control in my other scontrols and i call the function written in "Common". Every thing was working fine till this morning when sandbox was upgraded to Winter 07 release. Now when i try to execute any s-control which include "Common" s-control there is some error. I just want to know how can i fix this. I want to keep these common function saperate so that i have a single s-control in which i can maintain their code.  

If i copy the code in "Common" into the other S-control where I have to use their function, then the s-control run correctly, but it is not including the s-control. i have tried to search for an alternative but could not find one.

Please let me know if with the release of the Winter 07, we have to change and update our s-control, or this issue can be fixed with out the need to change a lot of s-controls.

a quick response will be appreciated

• December 11, 2006
Hi!
Can i write a rule that should be triggered when ever a field in a standard object changes.. ( regardless of what is the new value)  e.g when ever the total amount in opportunity is changed it should generate an alert to a specific role.

Ahsen
How can we add a lookup on standard objects. For example how can i add an account lookup on Lead.
/

Is it possible to create a SFDC user, create roles and set its rights via AppExcahnge API ?

Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed ( ahsensaeed@hotmail.com)

Hi all!
Is it possible to convert a lead into an opportunity with out selecting an account. Becuase when i create an opportunity it creates one with out an account but when i convert a lead into an opportunity it forces me to select an account first. So i wanted to know if it is possible to covnert a lead into opportunity with out selecting an account.
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi All!
Is it possible to create custom buttons and mention some particular action on clicking on those buttons or change the lables of  buttons?
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi All!
Is it possible to create opportunity with out selecting an account ?
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi All!
I want to know that can we associate the approval requests with opportunities ? Means that some one can request for approval against opportunity instead of a contract ?

Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed

I need to know we are having an enterprise edition of SFDC, we are using a sandbox for r&d , how can we shift the customization done on Sand box to the production instance.
  • April 21, 2006
I have two different product lines to sell. I have created two different record types of leads and opportunities in order to handle the different fields of both product lines.  Let me call them hardware lead & software lead and hardware opportunity & software opportunity with theire unique attirubures..  but the problem is that how can i make this happen that upon converting a hardware lead it is converted or mapped to a hardware opportunity similarly converting a software lead maps itself to a software opportunity.
Thanks and Best regards
Ahsen

• April 21, 2006

I have created a custom Object "A" in sales force which has 10 record types. i have created two more custom objects "B" and "C". I have created a Master Detail relation ship in B & C with A. so A is the Parent of B & C. now i have created an S-Control which clone A and its related objects B & C. when i run the S-Control I select all the fields of A, except the sales force standard fields which sales force uses internally, and then i create a new Object of type A and set all of new Objects fields with the values extracted initially. Now when i run the Create query i get an exception that Cross Reference Id not Valid, The RecordTypeId is not valid for the current user profile. I have checked the user profile and included all the 10 record types in Object A in the Profile so the user with this profile can create records of A by selecting one of the RecordType ID.

Now i don't understand why this error is coming. I am using sales force API 8.0 in my S-controls. I have also made the exact thing in Sandbox environment and tested it there. This “create” call works correctly there and there isn't any such error. Can any one tell me what I might be doing wrong?

i have written a separate s-control which just create a new record of A with some junk values but I have written and developed this with the old API Ajaxbeta3.3 and API 7.0 I had run the create query successfully and no error for record Type Id ever occurred.

is there some different way to set the RecordTypeId in the New API 8.0 and later?

A quick response will be appreciated.

• April 04, 2007

Hi,

I have developed an s-control (say its name is "Common") which has some functions. I am including this S-control in my other scontrols and i call the function written in "Common". Every thing was working fine till this morning when sandbox was upgraded to Winter 07 release. Now when i try to execute any s-control which include "Common" s-control there is some error. I just want to know how can i fix this. I want to keep these common function saperate so that i have a single s-control in which i can maintain their code.  

If i copy the code in "Common" into the other S-control where I have to use their function, then the s-control run correctly, but it is not including the s-control. i have tried to search for an alternative but could not find one.

Please let me know if with the release of the Winter 07, we have to change and update our s-control, or this issue can be fixed with out the need to change a lot of s-controls.

a quick response will be appreciated

• December 11, 2006
Hi

We are two friends doing freelance sfdc s-control developments during weekend.

We are having multiple years of programming experience(over 10 years) and more than an year's expeirence on SFDC-Implementations and S-Controls.

We have implemented S-Controls for large clients(using AJAX Toolkit) and one of us had been a consultant to Salesforce professional Servies Team.

We have expertise on uploading data from Exel Sheets to SFDC. We can fix bugs in any of the existing S-Controls and enhance them.

We can develop s-controls for your requirements at a cheaper price. If you are interested please reply back.

Thanks
Jay & Tesh
  • September 08, 2006
Wanted tutor to teach Salesforce Admin and Programming. Already know .Net and Database programming. Reply with details/rates or number to call.

Vin
  • August 28, 2006
Need a developer, to finish a Shipping Calculator for Salesforce.com integration.

AJAX preferred

Please call 888.835.5668
We're a West Los Angeles Internet company looking for a SalesForce App Developer that has S-Controls Experience.

Please call 310.991.7556

Thanks,
David
  • August 08, 2006
I would like to find a way to auto create a renewal opportunity when a new biz opportunity has been closed. I have heard that this can be done through java script on an scontrol. Does anyone have any sample code that does this? I am a beginner to jave script and would love something to at least get me started!

thanks!

Message Edited by bikla78 on 04-22-2008 01:47 PM
Hi All!
Is it possible to create opportunity with out selecting an account ?
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Marketing exec with 20+ yrs high level  sales/sales management exp with large US corps ($5B-$35B firms), seeks tech partner to convert hard copy prospect management system into software application compatible  with Salesforce.com as well as other acct mgmnt systems.
I have a possible project linking a client's billing system with SFDC.  I'm interested in hearing from experienced SForce certified programmers, please.  The client is asking to do this as an independent contractor rather than through a partner at this time.  Please let me know if you are interested.
Tani Long
  • April 19, 2006
Hello,  my organization uses Salesforce as our CRM but Liveperson as our web-chat and knowledgebase application.  There WAS an app in the appexchange tht integrated the two with the whole nine yards - custom tab, reporting, transcript documentation and case generation - but now it's gone. 

Liveperson uses "Ticket Numbers" as customer reference for support inquiries, we want all inquiries to receive Case numbers instead and to generate a Case automatically.

Is there anybody out there that can help us build this?