• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an Scontrol that is working fine from my PC/login. It fetches data from Opportunities, displays a form, takes additional input from user and creates a custom object (called BQW) record. But, another user who tries this reports a client-side script error when the form is being sumitted. I have not been able to simulate it.

The error appears to occur in dynalib.js, and following is the error:

Line: 113  Char: 2
Error: 'this.getDefinition().filedMap' is null or not an object
Code:
  • May 01, 2006
Hi, Im a newbie to Salesforce, and I need to build a simple SControl rather quickly.

I am able to use merge fields to reference the data from the object (say, Opportunity) and display a form in the SControl. Is there a way I can post back data from SControl to the parent object - that is, I want to save certain changes made by the user in the SControl into the opportunity fields. Is this possible?

If so, how can I point the SControl form submit action to the Opportunity tab? The {!Scontrol_URL} takes me to the same page again. Also, I tried using some server-side (ASP) script in the SControl, and it does not seem to work. Can someone point me to a right direction? Thanks.
  • March 10, 2006
I have an Scontrol that is working fine from my PC/login. It fetches data from Opportunities, displays a form, takes additional input from user and creates a custom object (called BQW) record. But, another user who tries this reports a client-side script error when the form is being sumitted. I have not been able to simulate it.

The error appears to occur in dynalib.js, and following is the error:

Line: 113  Char: 2
Error: 'this.getDefinition().filedMap' is null or not an object
Code:
  • May 01, 2006
Can I not do a get and set with the same retrieve object? Does not update the Status.

//Get Salesforce connection based on users current session id
    sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_60}");
    window.setTimeout(";", 1000);   
 var orderIds = new Array();
    orderIds[0] = "{!Order_ID}";
    var orderRetrieve = sforceClient.Retrieve("AccountId, Status", "Order", orderIds);
if(orderRetrieve[0] != null) {
   var orderAccountId = orderRetrieve[0].get("AccountId");
alert("AccountId - " + orderAccountId);
alert("Status - " + orderRetrieve[0].get("Status"));
    orderRetrieve[0].set("Status", "5 - Completed");
alert("Status - " + orderRetrieve[0].get("Status"));
    sforceClient.Update(orderRetrieve);
}
Hi, Im a newbie to Salesforce, and I need to build a simple SControl rather quickly.

I am able to use merge fields to reference the data from the object (say, Opportunity) and display a form in the SControl. Is there a way I can post back data from SControl to the parent object - that is, I want to save certain changes made by the user in the SControl into the opportunity fields. Is this possible?

If so, how can I point the SControl form submit action to the Opportunity tab? The {!Scontrol_URL} takes me to the same page again. Also, I tried using some server-side (ASP) script in the SControl, and it does not seem to work. Can someone point me to a right direction? Thanks.
  • March 10, 2006