• INVISTA sarl

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Wea re intergrating barcodes into our system and i need a way to allow objects to be linked via an autonumber field.

this way i can put the barcode number into the lookup field and it will link.

is there a way to do this?

thanks

Dave

Hi,

We are working on some document templates that i want to have a watermark background on each page.

It looks great as an HTML but when i try to render the page as PDF it looses the background .

Is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Dave

Hi All,

i think i posted this somewhere else but i cant find it!

I have successfully conntecd our SQL server to salesforce.com using hte dataloader. it works great sending all the data unless on field is blank (null) then the whole job crashes;

this is the error i am getting:
Code:
(DatabaseContext.java:204) - Error creating PreparedStatement for the database configuration insertHangtagOrder. Error replacing parameter: FirstName with value: null of type: null. Sql error: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The specified SQL type is not supported by this driver.. 
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The specified SQL type is not supported by this driver. 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.validateSqlType(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.setObjectInternal(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.setObject(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.setObject(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:165) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.setSqlParamValues(DatabaseContext.java:197) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.writeRowList(DatabaseWriter.java:143) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.writeExtraction(QueryVisitor.java:185) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.visit(QueryVisitor.java:111) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.ExtractAction.execute(ExtractAction.java:108) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.Controller.executeAction(Controller.java:126) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:136) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:228) 

This job works great when all the feilds contain data and crashes every time there is a null.

any ideas? Salesforce suppost says they cant help coz its custom code...

Thanks

Dave
Hello all,

I'm trying to export lead data out of Salesforce.com however it is in many differnet languages...

the problem i am having is i cannot get the Command line version of the dataloader to export the chinese characters....

I can make the WIndows version (8.0 & 9.0) pull the chinese by ticking the "Read Write UTF-8" box.
this is what i used int he bean:

<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="TRUE"/>
                 <entry key="dataAccess.readUTF8" value="TRUE"/>

However i cannot make this work in the Command line.

I called salesforce.com support and was informed that this was not supported by them.

Please help!!

Dave

I am about to kill myself here guys. I cant tell/dont know what I am doing wrong. Please, I need a second pair of eyes.

I would really apprecaite your help

Visualforce Email tempalte does not apper exaclty the same when i Send Test to my email.

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="User"
    subject="This is a TEST">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
       <html>

<body>
     <STYLE type="text/css">
          body {
          background: #142952;

}

#page {
    float: center;
    clear: both;
    width: 491px !important;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 2em 49px;
    color: #000;
    font-size: 1em;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    background:#CCC;
     </STYLE>

<div id="page">
      <p style="font-size:16px">This a TEST This is a TEST</p>
    </div>
       </body>
   </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Thanks in advance guys!!

Hi,

We are working on some document templates that i want to have a watermark background on each page.

It looks great as an HTML but when i try to render the page as PDF it looses the background .

Is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Dave

Has anyone been able to do watermarks with VisualForce PDF files using CSS?

I've got some, using a background image, but then if I have any tables with backrounds colors over it, the watermark is covered up.  I've tried to use the opacity in CSS, but that hasn't been working for me. 

Hi,

I try  to include static ressources as background images, however the background images are far too large.

E.g. I have a logo with 500 pixel at 100pixels/cm (which would be 5cm) and I include it using css:

background-image: url('logo');

Then this image will be rendered as a (approx.)  15cm background image.  It seems to me, the pdf renderer does completely ignore the size/resolution information within an image for background images, but always uses 72pixel/inch or something like that. 

as it doesn't make sense to resize them to 120 pixel (which would be extremely blurry), is there any way

how I can force background images to be included with the right resolution?

Message Edited by eto on 01-28-2009 02:31 PM
  • January 28, 2009
Hi All,

i think i posted this somewhere else but i cant find it!

I have successfully conntecd our SQL server to salesforce.com using hte dataloader. it works great sending all the data unless on field is blank (null) then the whole job crashes;

this is the error i am getting:
Code:
(DatabaseContext.java:204) - Error creating PreparedStatement for the database configuration insertHangtagOrder. Error replacing parameter: FirstName with value: null of type: null. Sql error: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The specified SQL type is not supported by this driver.. 
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The specified SQL type is not supported by this driver. 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.validateSqlType(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.setObjectInternal(Unknown Source) 
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.setObject(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.setObject(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:165) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.setSqlParamValues(DatabaseContext.java:197) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.writeRowList(DatabaseWriter.java:143) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.writeExtraction(QueryVisitor.java:185) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.visit(QueryVisitor.java:111) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.ExtractAction.execute(ExtractAction.java:108) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.Controller.executeAction(Controller.java:126) 
at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:136) 

This job works great when all the feilds contain data and crashes every time there is a null.

any ideas? Salesforce suppost says they cant help coz its custom code...

Thanks

Dave
I'm relatively new to the programming side of s-force, and wanted to know if someone could help me out.  I just built a new custom object which contains, among many other fields a date in it; i need to make a custom button that will create an event on the calendar with this date and any other information that i need from the custom object.  I know it's basic, but any ideas?
Hello all,

I'm trying to export lead data out of Salesforce.com however it is in many differnet languages...

the problem i am having is i cannot get the Command line version of the dataloader to export the chinese characters....

I can make the WIndows version (8.0 & 9.0) pull the chinese by ticking the "Read Write UTF-8" box.
this is what i used int he bean:

<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="TRUE"/>
                 <entry key="dataAccess.readUTF8" value="TRUE"/>

However i cannot make this work in the Command line.

I called salesforce.com support and was informed that this was not supported by them.

Please help!!

Dave

Hi,

I want to use the Apex Data Loader ( version 9.0 ) command line interface to get information from a SQL server 2000 db and import it into salesforce.  So far I've managed to successfully import from a csv using the command line ( and the process-conf.xml ).  But to connect to my SQL server database I need to know which driver to use ( I'm not a java programmer ).  I've looked about and the driver seems to be
 com.sun.sql.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

But when I use this I get the error 

ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext  - Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: queryNewCustomers.  Sql error: Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'com.sun.sql.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver'.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.sun.sql.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver'
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:766)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.initConnection(DatabaseContext.java:89)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.checkConnection(DatabaseContext.java:81)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseReader.checkConnection(DatabaseReader.java:231)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:121)

Is there something I'm missing - a driver, installation, location of class file etc?  I
downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.1, a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in J2EE (Java2 Enterprise Edition), but don't know if I have to do something further to use this??

Any help would be great!

Sandra

Hi, I'm getting this error when trying to run databaseAccountExtractProcess bean.  I've included the process-conf.xml and database-conf.xml in the source.  Would appreciate your help to fix this.Code:
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="dbDataSource"
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@BTCFINAPORA2:1521:FINprod"/>
    <property name="username" value="brian"/>
    <property name="password" value="brian"/>
</bean>
<bean id="queryAccountAll"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAccountAllSql"/>
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
</bean>
<bean id="queryAccount"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAccountSql"/>
</bean>
<bean id="insertAccount"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="insertAccountSql"/>
</bean>
<bean id="updateAccount"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="updateAccountSql"/>
</bean>
<bean id="deleteAccountAll"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="deleteAccountAllSql"/>
</bean>
<bean id="queryAccountAllSql"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            SELECT ACCOUNT_NAME, BUSINESS_PHONE, SFDC_ACCOUNT_ID, ACCOUNT_EXT_ID, ANNUAL_REVENUE, LAST_UPDATED, ACCOUNT_NUMBER
            FROM TableOwner.Accounts
        </value>
    </property>
    <property name="columnNames">
        <list>
            <value>account_name</value>
            <value>business_phone</value>
            <value>sfdc_account_id</value>
            <value>account_ext_id</value>
            <value>annual_revenue</value>
            <value>last_updated</value>
            <value>account_number</value>
        </list>
    </property>
</bean>
<bean id="queryAccountSql"
        <value>
            SELECT ACCOUNT_NAME, BUSINESS_PHONE, ACCOUNT_EXT_ID, ANNUAL_REVENUE, LAST_UPDATED, ACCOUNT_NUMBER
            FROM TableOwner.Accounts
            WHERE LAST_UPDATED > @process.lastRunDate@
        </value>
    </property>
    <property name="columnNames">
        <list>
            <value>account_name</value>
            <value>business_phone</value>
            <value>account_ext_id</value>
            <value>annual_revenue</value>
            <value>last_updated</value>
            <value>account_number</value>
        </list>
    </property>
    <property name="sqlParams">
        <map>
            <entry key="process.lastRunDate" value="java.sql.Timestamp"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>
<!--- this is for updating Customers in Oracle based on SFDC Accounts -->
<bean id="updateAccountSql"
        <value>
            update TableOwner.Accounts accounts
               set accounts.account_name = @account_name@,
                   accounts.business_phone = @business_phone@,
                   accounts.sfdc_account_id = @sfdc_account_id@,
                   accounts.annual_revenue = @annual_revenue@,
                   accounts.account_number = @account_number@
            where
                   accounts.ACCOUNT_EXT_ID = @account_ext_id@
        </value>
    </property>
        <map>
            <entry key="account_name"    value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="business_phone"  value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="sfdc_account_id" value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="annual_revenue"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
            <entry key="account_ext_id"  value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="account_number"  value="java.lang.String"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>
<bean id="XXXinsertAccountSql"
        <value>
            INSERT INTO TableOwner.Accounts (
               ACCOUNT_NAME, BUSINESS_PHONE, SFDC_ACCOUNT_ID, ANNUAL_REVENUE, ACCOUNT_EXT_ID, ACCOUNT_NUMBER)
            VALUES (@account_name@, @business_phone@, @sfdc_account_id@, @annual_revenue@, @account_ext_id@, @account_number@)
        </value>
    </property>
        <map>
            <entry key="account_name"    value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="business_phone"  value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="sfdc_account_id" value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="annual_revenue"  value="java.lang.Double"/>
            <entry key="account_ext_id"  value="java.lang.String"/>
            <entry key="account_number"  value="java.lang.String"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>
<bean id="insertAccountSql"
        <value>
            INSERT INTO brian.sfdc_de_account (
               ID)
            VALUES (@Id@)
        </value>
    </property>
        <map>
            <entry key="Id" value="java.lang.String"/>
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>
<bean id="deleteAccountAllSql"
        <value>
            DELETE FROM TableOwner.Accounts
        </value>
    </property>
</bean>
</beans>

2007-04-02 11:35:10,953 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Data Loader 8.0\bin\..\Conf_account\process-conf.xml
2007-04-02 11:35:11,031 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Data Loader 8.0\bin\..\Conf_account\process-conf.xml]
2007-04-02 11:35:11,078 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:66) - JDK 1.4+ collections available
2007-04-02 11:35:11,093 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:71) - Commons Collections 3.x available
2007-04-02 11:35:11,187 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:350) - The controller config has been initialized
2007-04-02 11:35:11,203 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:102) - Initializing process engine
2007-04-02 11:35:11,203 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:105) - Loading parameters
2007-04-02 11:35:12,390 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:116) - Logging in to: https://www.salesforce.com
2007-04-02 11:35:13,296 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] dao.DataAccessObjectFactory getDaoInstance (DataAccessObjectFactory.java:51) - Instantiating data access object: insertAccount of type: databaseWrite
2007-04-02 11:35:13,312 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Data Loader 8.0\bin\..\Conf_account\database-conf.xml]
2007-04-02 11:35:13,375 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:121) - Checking the data access object connection
2007-04-02 11:35:14,187 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:126) - Setting field types
2007-04-02 11:35:15,359 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:130) - Setting object reference types
2007-04-02 11:35:23,312 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:134) - Creating Map
2007-04-02 11:35:23,312 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] action.ActionFactory getActionInstance (ActionFactory.java:64) - Instantiating operation: extract
2007-04-02 11:35:23,328 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] controller.Controller executeAction (Controller.java:130) - executing operation: extract
2007-04-02 11:35:27,343 FATAL [databaseAccountExtract] database.DatabaseContext setSqlParamValues (DatabaseContext.java:183) - Error getting value for SQL parameter: Id.  Please make sure that the value exists in the configuration file or is passed in.  Database configuration: insertAccount.
2007-04-02 11:35:27,343 INFO  [databaseAccountExtract] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter setSubTask (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:68) - Processed 500 of 126019 total records. Rate: 120000000 records per hour. Estimated time to complete: 0 minutes and 0 seconds.  There are 0 successes and 500 errors.
2007-04-02 11:35:28,343 FATAL [databaseAccountExtract] database.DatabaseContext setSqlParamValues (DatabaseContext.java:183) - Error getting value for SQL parameter: Id.  Please make sure that the value exists in the configuration file or is passed in.  Database configuration: insertAccount.