• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,  Using the below code (snippet posted), we are trying to get a SessionId
ajaxRequest.open("GET", "LiveAgentAPIEndpoint/chat/rest/System/SessionId"", true);
ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY",null);
ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION","30.0");
ajaxRequest.send(null);
This is returning a status of 400 - Any idea on what could be incorrect here? 

Thanks.

• May 29, 2014

Hello,  I am unable to find the Ignore Apex errors on install checkbox during package install.  Any info on this?

Thanks,

• March 29, 2012

Hello,

We are looking to build a batch update process that would insert a few hundred to a few hundred thousand records in a Salesforce Custom Object.  The Bulk Data Loader API seems a good fit.  The application flow is expected to be - The client initiates this process from a Salesforce VF page which will then make a call to an application on our server which will then initiate the Bulk Loader API and load records for update to SF.  But here is the question- I know that we can pass the session id and serverURL as a part of the initial call to our server.

But can I use the same sessionId and serverURL to start the bulk upload process?  If yes, how long is this sessionId going to be valid?  For large datasets I will be looking to upload multiple batches.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• March 15, 2011

Hello,

We are looking to create an app that requires as input some information like first name, last name and address info for a person.  Information like name and address can be stored in multiple locations on the SF platform (like Contact or Account or a Custom object).  Therefore my question is --  Is it possible to build this app in such a way that it prompts the installer about which SF object to use to retrieve this information?  Also then allowing use of this selection to complete the package install process appropriately?

Thanks.

• February 23, 2011

Hello,  

I have a Managed-Beta package that I am trying to install to a developer account for testing.  The install fails because of a problem in a test method.  The message fails to provide detailed information like line number where exception was encountered.  How can I get additional info about this exception?

I have specified an 'Apex Exception Notification Recipient' when creating the package, but didn't receive any email with error details.

Thanks.

• February 01, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to encrypt and decrypt a password using the Crypto class.

try{
     Blob cryptoKey = Crypto.generateAesKey(128);
    	 Blob data = Blob.valueOf(weUserRec.password__c);
      Blob encryptedData = Crypto.encryptWithManagedIV('AES128', cryptoKey, data);

Blob decrypt = Crypto.decryptWithManagedIV('AES128', cryptoKey, data);

}catch(Exception e){
     System.debug(e.getMessage());
 }

The above is throwing an exception with message "Invalid initialization vector. Must be 16 bytes" (InvalidParameterValue).

Since the SF provided Managed IV methods are used here (the code is almost exactly like the sample), why does it throw this error?

Thanks.

• November 24, 2010

Hello, 

I have created a Managed Beta package using Developer Account A.  When I install and try to run a VF page from this package in Developer Account B, I get the following error:

Unknown property 'WE_package__WECustomObject__cStandardController.WECustomObject__c'

The error seems to be originating from an HTML <table> component I have on the page.  I assume this because in Developer Account B when I view the VF page code, the namespace prefix for the package has not been added to the <table> elements where WECustomObject__c fields are used.

I have tried to modify the VF page on Developer Account A using the entire namespace prefix in the <table> elements, but that doesn't compile.

I am looking for some ideas on how to fix this

Thanks.

• October 03, 2010

Hello,

I have a custom object Currency field called re with a value of 12670660

In a VF page, I have a table row :

<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px #E3DEB8;padding:5px;text-align:right;">$&nbsp;{!WESearchResult__c.GC_REALESTATE_USED__c} </td>

<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px #E3DEB8;padding:5px;text-align:right;">{!obj__c.re__c} </td> 

The value is displayed as 1.267066E+7. 

How can I correct this to display the number without the Exponential and with currency elements ($ sign and commas)

Thanks.

• September 20, 2010

Hello,

I have a pageBlockSection with columns = 4.  I am trying to display data in this pageBlockSection using apex:outputField:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="GC Report" columns="4">
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.GC_AGE_USED__c}" />
                <apex:outputtext value="" />

<apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.INCOME_USED__c}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.Total_Income__c}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.IncomeSRI__c}" />       
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.INCOME__c}" />

<apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.REALESTATE_USED__c}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.RealEstate_Total__c}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.RealEstateSRI__c}" />       
                <apex:outputField value="{!Result__c.REALESTATE__c}" />

</apex:pageBlockSection>

The data is not aligned properly.. The first two columns take up majority of the display space and the last two appear crowded.  Why is this?

Thanks.

• August 18, 2010

Hello,  I have a visualforce page that I am trying to include in the Contacts Details page. The VF page contains a table with rows (different contacts have different number of rows in the table).

I added a new Section to the Contacts Page Layout and then added the VF page below the new Section.  Then set the Height to 200 px and Show scrollbars to True.

When a Contact with no rows or just a few rows in the table is displayed, there is white space below the table.  How can I size this table to eliminate the white space.  And there is an additional border around the table, how can I remove this?

I would like this VF page to be seamlessly integrated with the Contacts Page without the extra borders and with only the scroll bar for large tables.  How can I achieve this?

thanks.

• August 04, 2010

Hello,

I have  a VF page that needs to submit some values (param1 and param2) via Http POST.  To facilitate this, I have a controller class with a method that retrieves data for param1 and param2 and calls another VF page (FormPage) that contains a form with hidden fields (to perform the HTTP POST)

In the controller class:

controllerA class {

public String getparam1 () { return param1 ; }
   public void setparam1 (String data) { param1 = data; }

public String getparam2 () { return param2 ; }
   public void setparam2 (String data) { param2 = data; }

public PageReference prepareData(){
            **exec queries to retrieve param values
            param1 = obj1.firstName;

param2 = obj1.lastName;

PageReference p =  Page.FormPage;  
            return pageRef;
   }

}

In the VF FormPage:

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="controllerA" >

<body onload="document.getElementById('wcform').submit();">
  <form id="wcform" method="post" action="http://connect.com/abc.do">
        <input type="Hidden"  name="p1"  value="{!param1}" />
        <input type="Hidden" name="p2"  value="{!param2}" />
 </form>
 </body> 
</apex:page>

The values in param1 and param2 are not passed to the FormPage VF page.  Can someone help me fix this?  Thanks.

• July 12, 2010

Hello,

I have a VF page as follows.  Included here are snippets of code:

//Command button that whose click event invokes an action that calls a webservice and creates a Result object

<apex:commandButton id="commandButton1" value="PL">
          <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!doPLSearch}" onsubmit="openPopup()" reRender="pageBlockSection1"/>
  </apex:commandButton >

//hidden field to store Id of the newly created Result object

<apex:inputhidden id="resId" value="{!resultIdAfterPLCall}" />

//JS to open result display VF page.

<script>
            var newWin=null;
            function openPopup(){
                var resultId = document.getElementById("{!$Component.resId}");
                var url="/apex/PLResultDisplay"+"?id="+resultId ;
                  newWin=window.open(url, 'Popup','height=500,width=400,left=100,top=100,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,status=no');
                if (window.focus)
                {
                    newWin.focus();
                }

return false;
            }
    </script>

The doPLSearch() calls a webservice and stores the ID of the newly created Result object in 'resultIdAfterPLCall'. 

How can I ensure that the JavaScript gets called only after the doPLSearch() completes? 

Currently, it displays the 'PLResultDisplay VF page without any data as the Javascript executes before doPLSearch() is complete and 'resultIdAfterPLCall' is null.

Thanks.

• April 08, 2010

Hello, 

What criteria can I use in a SOQL query to find the last created record?  For e.g. If I have 3 records created on 4/1, 3/31 and 3/28, the query should return the record created on 4/1.

Thanks.

• April 06, 2010

Hello, 

I have a Standard Controller Extension class with a property called paramId (it has getter and setter methods) that holds the ID to a newly created Result object.

I would like to use URLFOR and display a VF page that shows details for the Param object. For e.g

{!URLFOR($Page.PLResultDisplay,null,[id={!paramId }])}

Is this possible?  If yes, then how does the above URLFOR change?  Because the above gives me an error.

Thank you.

• March 24, 2010

Hello, 

I would like to call an extenal website using PageReference and would like to pass some Form input field values using HTTP POST.  How can I acheive this?

Thank you.

• March 08, 2010

Hi, 

I have a VF page that displays details for custom object. 

This VF page is accessed via a CommandButton, which calls a method in the Controller --

PageReference SRPage = new PageReference('/'+customObject.id);

The resulting VF page is displayed in the existing window without any sidebar or header.  I would like it to display the SF sidebar and header.  How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

• March 08, 2010
Hi,  I would like to access a field in my trigger.  The field is called Type.  It is a picklist located within the StageName Picklist in the Opportunity object.  (Not to be confused with the Opportunity - Type field)

for (Opportunity a: Trigger.New) {
  if (a.StageName(would like to access Type here) == 'Closed Won') {

How can I access it?  Thank you.
  • November 25, 2008
Hi,  I am trying to run the Force.com IDE in Eclipse.  http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.3.x

I am running Eclipse 3.3.0 and JRE 1.6.  When I try to create a Force.com project, the following error pops up:

The selected wizard could not be started.  Reason:  Plug-in com.salesforce.ide.ui was unable to load class com.salesforce.ide.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.

Could someone help me with this?  Thank you.
  • November 20, 2008
Hi, 
I have a custom lookup field in my Contact object called 'LoginInfo'.  LoginInfo has 2 fields -- userName & password.  ( When I create a new Contact, I choose a LoginInfo object from the list displayed. )

I have also created a custom button in my Contact Page Layout that executes the following URL:

Data in the Contact and Account object get passed as expected.  But data in LoginInfo object is not passed to the called app. 
Why is this?  Both Account and LoginInfo have similar lookup relationships with Contact.  What am I missing here?

Thank you.
  • August 07, 2007
Hi

Is it possible to customize display settings for Related Lists in a particular Page Layout?  For e.g. I have a lookup relationship between a custom object 'SearchResults' and Contact.  In the Contact Page layout, I would like to control the number of SearchResults objects displayed.  I think it defaults to 5.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

• July 31, 2007
Hi,  I would like to access a field in my trigger.  The field is called Type.  It is a picklist located within the StageName Picklist in the Opportunity object.  (Not to be confused with the Opportunity - Type field)

for (Opportunity a: Trigger.New) {
  if (a.StageName(would like to access Type here) == 'Closed Won') {

How can I access it?  Thank you.
  • November 25, 2008
Hello,  Using the below code (snippet posted), we are trying to get a SessionId
ajaxRequest.open("GET", "LiveAgentAPIEndpoint/chat/rest/System/SessionId"", true);
ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY",null);
ajaxRequest.setRequestHeader("X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION","30.0");
ajaxRequest.send(null);
This is returning a status of 400 - Any idea on what could be incorrect here? 

Thanks.

• May 29, 2014

Hello,

We are looking to create an app that requires as input some information like first name, last name and address info for a person.  Information like name and address can be stored in multiple locations on the SF platform (like Contact or Account or a Custom object).  Therefore my question is --  Is it possible to build this app in such a way that it prompts the installer about which SF object to use to retrieve this information?  Also then allowing use of this selection to complete the package install process appropriately?

Thanks.

• February 23, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to encrypt and decrypt a password using the Crypto class.

try{
     Blob cryptoKey = Crypto.generateAesKey(128);
    	 Blob data = Blob.valueOf(weUserRec.password__c);
      Blob encryptedData = Crypto.encryptWithManagedIV('AES128', cryptoKey, data);

Blob decrypt = Crypto.decryptWithManagedIV('AES128', cryptoKey, data);

}catch(Exception e){
     System.debug(e.getMessage());
 }

The above is throwing an exception with message "Invalid initialization vector. Must be 16 bytes" (InvalidParameterValue).

Since the SF provided Managed IV methods are used here (the code is almost exactly like the sample), why does it throw this error?

Thanks.

• November 24, 2010

Hello,

I have a custom object Currency field called re with a value of 12670660

In a VF page, I have a table row :

<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px #E3DEB8;padding:5px;text-align:right;">$&nbsp;{!WESearchResult__c.GC_REALESTATE_USED__c} </td>

<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px #E3DEB8;padding:5px;text-align:right;">{!obj__c.re__c} </td> 

The value is displayed as 1.267066E+7. 

How can I correct this to display the number without the Exponential and with currency elements ($ sign and commas)

Thanks.

• September 20, 2010

Hello,

I have  a VF page that needs to submit some values (param1 and param2) via Http POST.  To facilitate this, I have a controller class with a method that retrieves data for param1 and param2 and calls another VF page (FormPage) that contains a form with hidden fields (to perform the HTTP POST)

In the controller class:

controllerA class {

public String getparam1 () { return param1 ; }
   public void setparam1 (String data) { param1 = data; }

public String getparam2 () { return param2 ; }
   public void setparam2 (String data) { param2 = data; }

public PageReference prepareData(){
            **exec queries to retrieve param values
            param1 = obj1.firstName;

param2 = obj1.lastName;

PageReference p =  Page.FormPage;  
            return pageRef;
   }

}

In the VF FormPage:

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="controllerA" >

<body onload="document.getElementById('wcform').submit();">
  <form id="wcform" method="post" action="http://connect.com/abc.do">
        <input type="Hidden"  name="p1"  value="{!param1}" />
        <input type="Hidden" name="p2"  value="{!param2}" />
 </form>
 </body> 
</apex:page>

The values in param1 and param2 are not passed to the FormPage VF page.  Can someone help me fix this?  Thanks.

• July 12, 2010

Hello,

I have a VF page as follows.  Included here are snippets of code:

//Command button that whose click event invokes an action that calls a webservice and creates a Result object

<apex:commandButton id="commandButton1" value="PL">
          <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!doPLSearch}" onsubmit="openPopup()" reRender="pageBlockSection1"/>
  </apex:commandButton >

//hidden field to store Id of the newly created Result object

<apex:inputhidden id="resId" value="{!resultIdAfterPLCall}" />

//JS to open result display VF page.

<script>
            var newWin=null;
            function openPopup(){
                var resultId = document.getElementById("{!$Component.resId}");
                var url="/apex/PLResultDisplay"+"?id="+resultId ;
                  newWin=window.open(url, 'Popup','height=500,width=400,left=100,top=100,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,status=no');
                if (window.focus)
                {
                    newWin.focus();
                }

return false;
            }
    </script>

The doPLSearch() calls a webservice and stores the ID of the newly created Result object in 'resultIdAfterPLCall'. 

How can I ensure that the JavaScript gets called only after the doPLSearch() completes? 

Currently, it displays the 'PLResultDisplay VF page without any data as the Javascript executes before doPLSearch() is complete and 'resultIdAfterPLCall' is null.

Thanks.

• April 08, 2010

Hi, 

I have a VF page that displays details for custom object. 

This VF page is accessed via a CommandButton, which calls a method in the Controller --

PageReference SRPage = new PageReference('/'+customObject.id);

The resulting VF page is displayed in the existing window without any sidebar or header.  I would like it to display the SF sidebar and header.  How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

• March 08, 2010

Hello All,

I have a custom page and controller.  I am trying to do some error handling within the controller as such:

public PageReference sendMail2PM(){

string PMID = [select Deliverable_Owner__c from P4_Contract_Deliverable__c where id = :this.cd.id].Deliverable_Owner__c;

string PMEmail = [select email from contact where id=:PMID].email;

if(PMEmail==null){
    PageReference errorPage = new PageReference('https://cs1.salesforce.com/apex/errorLanding');
    errorPage.setRedirect(true);
    return errorPage;
    }

}

My problem is that when the redirect happens, somehow "inline=1" gets appended to the URL.  It seems that when the inline parameter is present then the page renders without headers or sidebars.  I want the header and sidebar so users know they are still in saleforce.

Where is the "inline=1" coming from and how do I get rid of it?  Or else how do I make the redirect happen with headers and sidebars?

• February 05, 2009
Hi, 
I have a custom lookup field in my Contact object called 'LoginInfo'.  LoginInfo has 2 fields -- userName & password.  ( When I create a new Contact, I choose a LoginInfo object from the list displayed. )

I have also created a custom button in my Contact Page Layout that executes the following URL:

Data in the Contact and Account object get passed as expected.  But data in LoginInfo object is not passed to the called app. 
Why is this?  Both Account and LoginInfo have similar lookup relationships with Contact.  What am I missing here?

Thank you.
  • August 07, 2007
Hi

Is it possible to customize display settings for Related Lists in a particular Page Layout?  For e.g. I have a lookup relationship between a custom object 'SearchResults' and Contact.  In the Contact Page layout, I would like to control the number of SearchResults objects displayed.  I think it defaults to 5.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

• July 31, 2007
Hi,

I have a custom button on a search page that invokes an HTML S-Control.

Code:
<html> 
<head> 
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript" 
src="http://mymachine:8888/SalesForceWebService-context-root/MyWebService1SoapHttpPort/webServiceController—String_1={!Search__c.Login_Name__c}&String_2={!Search__c.Password__c}&String_3={!Search__c.First_Name__c}&String_4={!Search__c.Last_Name__c}&String_5={!Search__c.City__c}&String_6={!Search__c.State__c}&String_7={!Search__c.Postal_Code__c}"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
function initPage() { 
} 
</script> 
</head> 
<body onload="initPage();"> 
</body> 
</html>

Search__c.** are merge fields

The webservice returns a few strings as return values.  How can I capture and display them on the mashup page?

Thanks.
  • February 28, 2007
Hi,

I am new to S-controls and would appreciate any help.

I am trying to call an external webservice that requires certain complex type input parameters.  It also returns a complex type output parameter which I need to display on a web page.

For e.g.
WebserviceA (LoginInfo lInfo, SearchInfo sInfo)  returns ResultsInfo rInfo

From the reading I have done so far, it seems like Scontrols is the way to go.  Any pointers/links to samples to help me achieve the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• February 14, 2007
Hello,

I created an Enterprise WSDL and used that to create the webservice proxy objects in JDeveloper 10.1.3

This process created 47 files.  On comparing this with the quickstart sample, I find many files missing like:
LoginResult
SoapBindingStub etc.

Also the sobject package is not created.

Is there an additional step that needs to be completed for creation of all proxy objects?
Anybody using JDeveloper 10.1.3?

Thanks!

• April 18, 2006