• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I tried to do a data query on my customs object which has more than 160 fields can an error occured as follows:

---------------------------
Microsoft Excel
Error Generated by request::Query is either selecting too may fields or the filter conditions are too complicated.
ExceptionCode : 1

Could not establish connection to API service

OK  

Is there a restriction by the connector on how many fields you can query?

Hi, I am having trouble about the mapping the correct record ID. I got a 18 character case-insensitive id field value for account by using Table query, but when I want to use this 18 character to update a field in a record in a custom object (purchase requisition), it will only pick the first 15 character and update the record with a wrong account name.
How to correct this?
Thanks.

Hi, I tried to do a data query on my customs object which has more than 160 fields can an error occured as follows:

Microsoft Excel
Error Generated by request::Query is either selecting too may fields or the filter conditions are too complicated.
ExceptionCode : 1

Could not establish connection to API service

OK  

Is there a restriction by the connector on how many fields you can query?

Hi, I am having trouble about the mapping the correct record ID. I got a 18 character case-insensitive id field value for account by using Table query, but when I want to use this 18 character to update a field in a record in a custom object (purchase requisition), it will only pick the first 15 character and update the record with a wrong account name.
How to correct this?
Thanks.

Is it possible to use the value in a custom lookup field as the "value" argument in a CASE formula? Here's my situation:

I have a custom formula in my contact object called "NTEE_Name__c", that looks like this:

CASE( {!NTEE_Code__c} , "B12", "Fund Raising & Fund Distribution", NULL)

where NTEE_Code__c is a custom lookup field. That field appears in the list of custom fields that can be used in a formula on my customer object, and the formula validates just fine, so it looks like it should work.

However, when I look at a record that has a value of "B12" in NTEE_Code__c, the value of NTEE_Name__c is null.

Can anyone see a problem with the formula, or is the problem that I'm trying to use a lookup field?