Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Job Title
Applications Support Analyst

Instructions
To apply, send an e-mail with cover letter and resume to pyao@enernoc.com with “Applications Support Analyst” in the subject line. Please, principals only.

Position Description
EnerNOC has an immediate need for an Applications Support Analyst, reporting to the IT Applications Manager. The Analyst will assist with ongoing maintenance and implementation of three primary applications: Salesforce.com, our CRM Application; Service-now.com, our IT Service Management Application; and SharePoint, our corporate intranet. This is a great opportunity for the business-minded technologist that wants to have visiblity and impact across the entire organization!

Salesforce.com is used as a customer-centric corporate repository for Operations, Customer Support, Sales and Marketing information. As EnerNOC does not fit into common CRM business models, the Applications Support Analyst will be responsible for the significant configuration and customization that takes place in the application. Service-now.com is our hosted helpdesk and change management system which follows ITIL best practices to ensure superior IT service delivery. Finally, SharePoint is used as a central repository to house corporate documents, personal pages, announcements, and calendars.

EnerNOC (NASDAQ: ENOC) is transforming the way the world uses energy. We help commercial, institutional and industrial organizations use energy more intelligently, pay less for it, and generate cash flow that benefits the bottom line. Our technology-enabled energy management solutions help meet the needs of utilities/grid operators that deliver energy and are responsible for maintaining the real-time balance between supply and demand. We bring proven expertise and innovative ideas to both groups through a full suite of energy management solutions. EnerNOC, which stands for Energy Network Operations Center, has won numerous awards for its technology, customer service and industry leadership. We serve customers throughout North America and are continuing to grow and expand. We attract bright, enthusiastic people who are dedicated to helping achieve a cleaner, safer and more cost-effective energy future.

Key Responsibilities

• Application Support
    • Answer application usage questions for both office-based and home-based employees
    • Create views, dashboards and reports in Salesforce.com and Service-now.com
    • Interface with vendor tech support for Level 2/3 incidents, enhancement requests and software updates
  • Training
    • Deliver new hire and refresher training for Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and IT
    • Develop and maintain training material where appropriate
    • Answer ad hoc user questions
  • Data Maintenance
    • Ensure data cleanliness on a routine basis
    • De-dupe or merge Account, Contact, and Site information
    • Import Salesforce.com data from external sources
  • Application Development
    • Enhance implementation of Salesforce.com, Service-now.com, and SharePoint
    • Create validation rules, workflow, and approvals in Salesforce.com and Service-Now
    • Implement or integrate new applications within application platforms
  • Technical Support
    • Maintain users, roles, and access rights
    • Resolve login problems/password resets

Required Qualifications/Skills/Education:

• BA/BS in engineering, statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or other related fields.
  • Two years experience in IT, software development, or other relevant experience.
  • Experience Microsoft Office including Excel formulas.
  • Understanding of database design.
  • Ability to apply creativity and objectivity to design and implement solutions to real business problems.
  • Strong self-motivation with the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment.
  • Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
  • Broad understanding of the business considerations when implementing new business systems.
  • Ability to work with business users and systems personnel in a team environment.
  • Willingness and desire to learn new technologies.

Desired Qualifications/Skills/Education:

• Experience with Salesforce.com, Service-now.com, or SharePoint.
  • Experience in energy management and technology.
  • Knowledge of JavaScript, Java, and SQL.
  • Experience with designing or improving business processes.
  • Familiarity with ITIL practices including change control.
  • Familiarity with security and regulatory compliance such as SOX.

Company Overview

Rising peak demand creates unprecedented challenges in today’s energy industry: escalating electricity costs, uncertain grid reliability, and an increased risk of rolling blackouts or brownouts. Demand response, the voluntary reduction of electric demand at the end-use customer level in response to electric grid instability or high wholesale electricity prices, substantially lowers peak demand and helps stabilize the grid. Demand response achieves the same effect as a peaking power plant—at significantly lower costs and with no incremental carbon emissions—and EnerNOC pays participating businesses and organizations for agreeing to reduce demand, regardless of whether or not the need arises.

EnerNOC’s energy expertise, award-winning technology, and operational excellence establish the company as a premiere demand response and energy management solutions provider.

Position Description

EnerNOC has an immediate need for an Applications Support Analyst.  The Applications Support Analyst will own the ongoing end user support of Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce.com), ERP (Epicor) and Human Resources (People-Trak) business applications.

Salesforce.com is used as a customer-centric corporate repository for Operations, Sales, Marketing,  Corporate Development and Finance information. As EnerNOC does not fit into common CRM business models, the Applications Support Analyst will be responsible for the significant configuration and customization that takes place in the application. It is the mission of the Applications Support Analyst to find creative ways of using the application to promote adoption and continually improve ease of use. 

Key Responsibilities

• Application Support
    • Answer application usage questions for both office-based and home-based employees
    • Administer licensing, including maintaining users, roles, and access rights
    • Resolve login problems/password resets
    • Create views, reports, and dashboards in Salesforce.com
    • Interface with vendor technical support for Level 2/3 incidents, enhancement requests and software updates
  • Training
    • Train new hires for Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Corporate Development on Salesforce.com
    • Provide Level 1 support on Salesforce.com, People-Trak, and Epicor
    • Develop and maintain training material where appropriate
  • Data Maintenance
    • Ensure data quality on a routine basis
    • De-duplicate records as needed
    • Import data from external sources into Salesforce.com
  • Business Systems Analysis
    • Document business requirements
    • Improve existing implementation of Salesforce.com
    • Implement new Salesforce applications
    • Participate in vendor selections

• BA/BS
  • A minimum of one year experience providing customer service or business applications support, especially CRM-focused
  • A minimum of one year experience in IT, software development, or other relevant experience
  • A minimum of one year experience with Salesforce.com administration
  • Demonstrated knowledge of relational database design concepts
  • Strong knowledge of advanced Excel data manipulation functions and modeling capabilities
  • Ability to apply creativity and objectivity to design and implement solutions to real business problems
  • Self-motivation with the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment
  • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization
  • Broad understanding of the business considerations when implementing new applications
  • Ability to work with business users and systems personnel in a team environment
  • Willingness and desire to learn new technologies

• Experience in energy management and technology
  • Experience implementing and supporting business application software packages, especially Salesforce.com, Epicor, and/or People-Trak
  • Experience using marketing data quality and enrichment tools such as DemandTools for AppExchange and Hoovers/Dun & Bradstreet
  • Experience managing SQLServer
  • Passion for energy management and environmental conservation
  • ITIL certification, COBIT, or other IT service delivery methodology experience
  • Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance

Message Edited by Peter Yao on 07-01-2007 07:41 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to the AJAX toolkit (and Javascript), but have been getting things working with examples and documentation.

However, I haven't been able to find documentation for sforceClient. For example, I need this code to make my page work in FireFox:
   if (window.XMLHttpRequest) sforceClient.appType = Sforce.Application.Type.FireFox;
   sforceClient.setLoginUrl("https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0");
   sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", false);

Do I need to read sforceClient.js to find out what .setLoginURL or .init does? Is there a more friendly place to get that information, or is everything really in http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/sforce70/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Thanks,
Peter

Contact me for consideration: pyao@enernoc.com

Company Overview:

EnerNOC, Inc. is the leading provider of demand response, price response, and demand side management solutions to the commercial, institutional, and industrial markets in the United States. EnerNOC has a three-year track record of consistent growth. The company's sales increased by 10 times between 2003 and 2004, and by 10 times again in 2005. The company employs over 40 people in its offices in Boston, New York City, and San Francisco. EnerNOC is backed by leading venture capital firms including Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Foundation Capital, and Braemar Energy Ventures. EnerNOC recently won the Energy Venture Fair's Most Promising Company award, which came on the heels of being named a Top Investment Choice at the Cleantech Venture Forum in CA, and an award in Red Herring as a 2005 Top 10 Cleantech Company to Watch.

Position Description:

EnerNOC has an immediate need for a CRM Administrator. The CRM Administrator will own the ongoing maintenance of our implementation of Salesforce.com.

Salesforce.com is used as a customer-centric corporate repository for Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Corporate Development information. As EnerNOC does not fit into common CRM business models, the CRM Administrator will be responsible for the significant configuration and customization that takes place in the application. It is the mission of the CRM Administrator to find creative ways of using the application to promote adoption and continually improve ease of use.

Key Responsibilities:
  • Train new hires for Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Corporate Development.
  • Answer ad hoc user questions.
  • Develop and maintain training material where appropriate.
  • Maintain users, roles, and access rights.
  • Resolve login problems/password resets.
  • Ensure data cleanliness on a routine basis.
  • De-duping of Account and Contact reports.
  • Import Salesforce.com data from external sources.
  • Create dashboards and reports to measure performance.
  • Improve existing implementation of Salesforce.com via S-controls, external integration
  • Implement new Salesforce applications.
  • Scope integration between Salesforce and PowerTrak.
  • Integrate Salesforce and VOIP solutions.
  • BA/BS in engineering, statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or other related fields.
  • A minimum of four years experience in IT, software development, or other relevant experience.
  • A minimum of one year experience with Salesforce.com including use of S-Controls and the Salesforce.com API.
  • Strong knowledge of SQL.
  • Ability to apply creativity and objectivity to design and implement solutions to real business problems.
  • Strong self-motivation with the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment, as well as a passion for Salesforce.com.
  • Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate effectively across all groups in the organization.
  • Broad understanding of the business considerations when implementing new business systems.
  • Ability to work with business users and systems personnel in a team environment.
  • Willingness and desire to learn new technologies.
  • Experience in energy management and technology.
  • Experience with VOIP and Salesforce integration
  • Masters in computer science or business administration.
  • Knowledge of JavaScript and Java.

Message Edited by Peter Yao on 06-27-2006 09:53 AM

I'm curious, what is the salary range for a CRM administrator who will do some custom application work (custom objects, maybe some s-controls) as well as importing contacts, deduping, creating users, etc.

Thanks,
Peter
Hi all,

I have a custom object (Site) that is related to Contacts. Right now, I've created another custom object (the SiteContactRole object) to hold this many to many relationship.

However, the available fields to show in the related list are only the fields of the SiteContactRole - not the Contact itself. In order to show a phone number or email address, I need to duplicate that information in the SiteContactRole object.

Have people run into this problem? Is there a way to do this, or other way of accomplishing the same thing?

Also, does anyone have an SControl that creates two objects at the same time? I've seen examples around - I'm wondering if there's something specific to this use case, where I'd create a Contact and SiteContactRole at the same time.

Thanks,
Peter

Message Edited by Peter Yao on 05-31-2006 03:48 AM

Hi,

I keep getting this error in Firefox. 
uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

I also get "Permision denied" in IE7.

I have read that this is possisbly a Firefox issue but after adding the following line I still get the error. 

function init() {

if (window.XMLHttpRequest) sforceClient.appType = Sforce.Application.Type.FireFox;

}

This function is called from the Body oload.

I beliveve this functionality worked in IE6 but I cannot vouch for it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

MF

Message Edited by falkson on 10-20-2006 11:14 AM

Message Edited by falkson on 10-20-2006 11:15 AM

I'm curious, what is the salary range for a CRM administrator who will do some custom application work (custom objects, maybe some s-controls) as well as importing contacts, deduping, creating users, etc.

Thanks,
Peter