• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using Excel SForce Connector, which is a great tool when compared to what you can't do in SalesForce without it, but what I really need is an SForce Connector for Microsoft Access that would let me bring data down into Access tables directly, and to update SalesForce from Access. 

Why do I need this?  I'm doing a lot of prospecting work to find contact names and addresses for a specific group of opportunities (we sell advertising in "guides" and companies with products related to the topic of a guide are our prospects) and then postal mailing them an advertising media kit.

To do this I query SalesForce for opportunities, accounts, and contacts. I do my research in Excel and then add or update the information I find about accounts and contacts back into SalesForce.  Then I copy all that information into Access and create a join so I can print letters and labels using my Dymo label printer.  (As far as I know I can't do this latter in SalesForce because:

• SalesForce won't let me create a report with two joins (grrr), and

• SalesForce doesn't support my Dymo label printer

So a Microsoft Access SForce Connector would be a godsend, but it would have to work with Professional Edition.  SalesForce, you've already got 80% of the work done in the Excel Connector; any chance of creating a Microsoft Access SForce Connector?