• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I am trying to do a self join in contact object to get employee and manager id.

This is the query I tried with no-luck :

SELECT p.id,p.Employee_ID__c,p.FirstName,p.LastName,(select c.Employee_ID__c FROM Contact c where c.ReportsToId=p.id) from contact p

Could some one let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks

*  Great opportunity for experienced Visualforce/Apex developer
*  Senior level position on small development team
*  Excellent salary + employee benefits

Well established, privately-owned technology and consulting services company is looking for a Sr. Developer with experience deploying solutions built on Salesforce.com to join its team.

This is a full-time position responsible for designing customized front-end web portals to provide access to customer
information hosted on Salesforce.com.  Each client will have its own unique web portal.

Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.

• 3+ experience with Visualforce/Apex and Salesforce customization
  • 3+ years of software development experience including experience with C++ or Java
  • Front-end Web design and development experience (XHTML, HTML, CSS, ASP.Net)
  • Good eye for layout/design
  • Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008
  • Excellent communication skills

Salary:  $75,000 - $115,000 + employee benefits

email resume:  kathy.magel@yahoo.com

• October 21, 2011

I have 2 objects:

Fee__c

Has field key__c which is marked as an External ID.

FeeMarkup__c  (Points to fee)

Has field key__c which is marked as an External ID. 

Has field r_fee__c which is a lookup to Fee_c. 

I can use the DataLoader to load Fee__c fine.  The problem is when I try to load FeeMarkup__c.  I have the following data

FEE

key__c value__c

LP5 23

LP4 19

AG1 99 

FEEMARKUP

r_fee__c markup__c

LP5 1.1

LP4 1.0

When I use the data loader for FeeMarkup, I map r_fee__c to the lookup, and then the data loader asks me to confirm the external id field (key__c) on the Fee object.

However, I am getting the following error in the error results:

MALFORMED_ID:bad id LP5:-- 

This is an critical feature of my data loading, being able to upsert data with links to other objects, and refer to the other objects by their external Ids.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and have you been able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Steve 

Hi,

I have <apex:selectRadio> tag in my VisualForce page with  two radio buttons in it. 
I need to pass the value of the selected radio button to a JavaScript function to carry out further functionality.
Here is what I am trying to do:

// partial code from Controller

public List<SelectOption> getStateCountry() {
        List<SelectOption> nameCode= new List<SelectOption>(); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('state','state')); 
        nameCode.add(new SelectOption('Country','Country')); 

return nameCode; 
    }

public String getNameCodeValue() {
        return nameCodeValue;
    }                 
    public void setNameCodeValue(String nameCodeValue) { this.nameCodeValue = nameCodeValue; }

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

// partial code from VisualForce page
<script> 
  function testFunction(radval) 
    {
      alert('in Testfunction  : '+ radval);

}
 </script> 

<apex:form >
                 <apex:selectRadio id="nameCodeID" value="{!nameCodeValue}" onchange="testFunction('{!nameCodeValue}')" >
                <apex:selectOptions value="{!nameCode}"/>
            </apex:selectRadio>
   </apex:form >

============

Alert says:  "in Testfunction  : undefined"

Am I going in the right direction, please help.

Thanks

I can run AccountEditor app and other sample apps in the SalesforceMobileSDK distro as a web page or from android emulator. But I've never set them up as connected apps and they aren't present in connected apps in salesforce ui which I don't understand because I thought that they would have to be configured as connected apps in order to access

I'm a bit confused about that statement in the Mobile Development guide:

"Developing a hybrid application inside the container requires a build/deploy step for every change. For that reason, we
recommend you develop your hybrid application directly in a browser, and only run your code in the container in the final
stages of testing. JavaScript development in a browser is easier because there is no build/compile step. Whenever you make changes to the code, you can refresh the browser to see your changes."

I assume this means setting up all the static resources within a VF page or an external web site for say, the AccountEditor app which I have working in the emulator? Is there an easy way to do this from forcedroid,  or some sample code?

We are needing to migrate all Chatter data to new org and I've read some excellent posts here on the subject.

Question: Is it possible to migrate FeedItems of type TrackedChange? The docs seem to say that FeedTrackedChange objects cannot be created or deleted.

Mike

What is wrong with the Discussion Boards Search??

Among other problems, the advanced search doesn't work and what is even worse sorting the results doesn't work.  Tye only alternative for sorting is "Best Match"

The boards are the sole repository of the accumulated community wisdom so it's critical to fix this, please. 

mike

What's with the Apex job scheduler?

I have an Apex class that I want to schedule to run once a day.  In the Apex class scheduler I set it to "Weekly" and check each of the days of the week. If I then go Scheduled Jobs I can see my job scheduled to run at the appointed time.  But when I click to "Manage" the job the schedule has now changed to "Monthly" and "On day 1 of every month".And the only buttons on the page are "Cancel" and "Delete".
The job appears to have run successfully last night at the appointed time but again when I viewed it via "Manage" the situation was as described above.

Periodically there have been informal consultant pricing surveys on this board.  I recall one not too long ago when one of our independent consultants declared that he charged 150 USD per hour and 125 for non-profits.  However recently there have been postings advertising development work for 20 USD per hour and also requests for developers willing to work for a maximum of 20 per hour.  Is this just a sign of bad economic times or the inevitable result of Gresham's law? Can a developer who charges 20 USD per hour accomplish worthwhile results?
It's my belief that all of these recent threads on this board probably refer to the same problem that seems to have surfaced within the past week or so having to do with dynamic apex and packaging and perhaps the "API access restrictions" on packages. I'm experiencing all the problems described below in a class that references only a custom object that is included in the package. My experience with these problems is that they occur intermittently.

Schema.SObjectType.Contact.fields.getMap() and Managed Package

Schema.SObjectType.Contact.fields.getMap() and Managed Package

Schema.SObjectType.Opportunity.fields.getMap() Returns Empty Map

System.QueryException: object is not accessible in query due to package restrictions

More Dynamic Apex issues

Message Edited by mshelman on 10-15-2008 02:06 AM
I am using a Schema.SObjectType.,<customobject>.fields.getMap() call which is intermittently returning null. It has been working fine in developer org for weeks but started failing after the apex class was added to a package. The package was deleted and the class started working again but is again failing after being added to a new package.

Mike
For the last couple of weeks most of our leads have been coming in with lead source of "Organic Google" when they should be "Google Adwords". It appears that Google is sending this incorrect data when it loads our page after the ad is clicked. Just wondering if  anybody else is experiencing this??

Mike
I've created VF pages with standard controller and extensions for a custom object but am finding that these pages are not showing up in the Pages lists for overriding standard buttons or in the Page Layout pages list. It's strange as it was working ok as of yesterday afternoon but I deleted and re-added a page that was working yesterday afternoon and it hasn't shown up yet.

Mike
This code

try {
            return Database.query(soql);
        }      
        catch (QueryException e)    {
            this.errorString = 'There is a problem with your search parameters. Please check your search and try again.'; 
            return null; 
        }  

does not enter the catch block when a select query with a filter (criteria) of the wrong tyoe is attempted. It simply loads up the error page with: System.QueryException :unexpected token: ss. In other words it acts exactly the same as if there were no try/catch
Congratulations on the discussion board makeover, it is a considerable improvement. At least it is now possible to navigate from the first page of a thread directly to the second page of a thread without going back to board's main page.

However there is still the problem of threads which receive new messages after a period of inactivity. ONE such thread will appear as the featured thread on the main Discussions page but the thread itself does not move up in the sorting order of threads on the board. Thus it is possible to have a situation where a thread is marked with today's date but is three or four pages back in the discussion forum.

A suggested solution to this problem is to show two date columns on the thread listing pages instead of just one: the created date and the last message received date and then sort the threads by last message received instead of, as now, created date.  Otherwise we have no way of knowing that a thread started two weeks ago has received a new message. It seems that many forums use a similar practice.

As for the Search function on the boards it is seriously out of whack. I've used it in the past quite a bit and it worked pretty well but now I can run Google searches that find messages on the board that cannot be found through the Salesforce Search function. And many of the result links returned go to a forum page rather than to the particular message found.

Mike
The unstructured nature of SFDC addresses can cause big problems for the developer. Other systems use the Addressline idea to break up the street, apartment no, etc. but in SFDC all this is shoved into one large field. For example I'm generating an email to a customer that contains a link to a Yahoo map / driving directions page. The link must contain from and to address information but doesn't work if it contains an apartment number yet there is no good way to distinguish the actual street from apartment number in a Contact MailingStreet field.

Mike
Is there a way to authenticate (Basic authentication) against an external webservice in order to perform Callout from Apex code?
I signed up for Summer 07 prerelease developer edition but don't see support for Apex code, specifically there is no Code menu entry under App Setup / Build. Do we need to sign up separately for Apex preview for Prerelease?

Mike
It seems there been some significant changes to the SFDC (Kieden) Google Adwords tracking functionality. As of midnight (PST) 1/30 the lead source field isn't being populated by the Adwords program but the Lead Details activity is there and even shows some new info at the bottom re "referrer". Any chance that the Lead Source field on WTL forms will start being updated again??
I;m trying to use SFDC api in Cold Fusion and have encountered great difficulties using java (multiple versions of Axis??) However I found that the office toolkit works very well in Cold Fusion. But we are trying to implement single signon for selfservice users and it appears that office toolkit does not implement the crucial setPassword method. Any suggestions or ideas, workarounds for this? It is urgent.

It is Tuesday morning, Sep 12. Since Saturday evening, logging in to Enterprise 7.0 API from my Office Toolkit 3.0 application has been consistently  taking an average time of 70 seconds. I reported this yesterday morning on VB and Office board and another user confirmed that he was also experiencing this performance issue.

Although I am using developer edition it would be my understanding that all enterprise 7.0 API users on this server should be experiencing the same response time. This is a bit mind-boggling. If, as sometimes said, some 30% of SFDC requests are through the API then how can this performance issue persist for such a long time? Why aren’t users demanding a resolution? Or is 70 seconds considered an acceptable time for logon? What am I missing here?
I'm developing an app using the Office Toolkit 3 and connecting to https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0 for the API 7.0. It has all been working fine until Saturday night when I noticed very slow response times when logging in. Currently it is taking about 70 seconds to log in on the 7.0 url. Once logged in 7.0 seems to respond okay and also switching back to API 6.0 URL the response time for login seems normal.

I've created a custom object “test1__c” in SF and a corresponding table “test1” in Oracle. Each has a single field “Name” and I’ve populated each with the same list:

Fred

Rose

Eugene

Liz

Andy

Inez

Siddartha

Avi

Jaime

Now I want a query that returns the names that don’t contain either an “a” or an “i” (case-insensitive). I’m using Sforce Explorer to run the SF queries.

So in Oracle:

select name from test1 where not (lower(name) like '%a%')

and not (lower(name) like '%i%')

Results:

Fred

Rose

Eugene

Alternatively, in Oracle:

select name from test1 where not (lower(name) like '%a%'

or lower(name) like '%i%')

Results:

Fred

Rose

Eugene

However, in SOQL I seemingly get different results:

select name from test1__c  where (not(Name like '%a%'))

and (not(Name like '%i%'))

Results:

Fred

Rose

Eugene

Inez

Liz

Andy

Or with the equivalent logic:

select name from test1__c  where  not(Name like '%a%' or Name like '%i%')

Results:

Fred

Rose

Eugene

Inez

Liz

Andy

I think I am punch drunk.

I am trying to prevent a user from adding a new record in a child related list when the status of the parent record is locked -

I created a formula field to bring the status value down to the Child object - it is CampaignStatusValue__c

AND ( ISNEW(Giveaway_Quantity__c ), CampaignStatusValue__c  = "LOCKED")

I keep getting: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'ISNEW()'. Expected 0, received 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm trying to upload an Outbound Change Set from Sandbox to Production. Code coverage is 91%, I have all the User permissions regarding change sets, and my test upload of a small change set deployed without incident.

The outbound change set upload failed due to a system error below. I've tried 3 times now. I've gone thru my change set and added all dependencies, Profiles, and my files are far less than the max of 5,000. This looks to be something at the salesforce end, but I have to get this done this weekend, and I'm not confident of salesforce's response to the Case I just opened. If anyone has any experience with this type of error please let me know.

When I am trying to upload my change set it fails I get the following email from salesforce:
(numbers except for the error number changed to protect the innocent)

-------------------------
Change set: Sandbox to Production (DRTf007000777777)
Organization: SVelynxbox (Developer Sandbox) (BBDf00876555555)
User: Jeff Susich (2287009300AB262)
Error Number: 1229306923-165637 (152101301)

Please try to upload your change set again. If it does not succeed, contact Customer Support and provide the error number listed above.
------------------------
  • February 22, 2014
Hi all,

I am using Google Geocoding api v3 to get latitude and longitude of the address present on my record and I am able to do so but
sometimes I get "OVER QUERY LIMIT" as error message even though I am not exceeding the api limits which is 2500 request per 24 hrs.
And I am requesting geocode for 1 address only i.e. not running a loop. I am not able to figure it out why this so

User-added image

Below is the class using which I make callouts

public Class LocationCallOuts {

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION   :    This method will create Address to be passed to get Latitude and Longitude of Address provided.
     *                     This method will also check that street name is not null, If street name is null then request is not made
     */
    public static void checkAddress(List<Risk_Location__c> riskLocationList) {
        List<Risk_Location__c> locationList = new List<Risk_Location__c>();
        List<Risk_Location__c> addressNotFound = new List<Risk_Location__c>();
        String streetValue;
        LocationCallOuts riskLocCall = new LocationCallOuts();
        for(Risk_Location__c riskLoc : riskLocationList) {

streetValue = riskLocCall.GetStreetName(riskLoc);
            if(streetValue != null && streetValue != '') {
                locationList.add(riskLoc);
            } else {
                riskLoc.Address_Not_Found__c = true;
                addressNotFound.add(riskLoc);
            }
        }
        if( addressNotFound.size() > 0) {

update addressNotFound;
        }
        if( locationList.size() >0 ) {
            riskLocCall.GetLocation(locationList);
        }
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION :       This method will be called to return Street Number.
     */
    @TestVisible private String GetStreetNumber (Risk_Location__c locStreetNumber) {
        String streetNumber = '';
        if(locStreetNumber.Street_Number__c != null && locStreetNumber.Street_Number__c != '') {
            streetNumber += locStreetNumber.Street_Number__c + ',';
        }
        return streetNumber;
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION :       This method will be called to return Street Name.
     */
    @TestVisible private String GetStreetName (Risk_Location__c locStreetName) {
        String streetName ='';
        if(locStreetName.Location__c != null && locStreetName.Location__c != '') {
            streetName += locStreetName.Location__c + ',';
        }
        return streetName;
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION :       This method will be called to return Suburb.
     */
    @TestVisible private String GetSuburb (Risk_Location__c locSuburb) {
        String suburbName = '';
        if(locSuburb.Suburb__c != null && locSuburb.Suburb__c != '') {
            suburbName += locSuburb.Suburb__c + ',';
        }
        return suburbName;
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION :       This method will be called to return State.
     */
    @TestVisible private String GetState (Risk_Location__c locState) {
        String stateName = '';
        if(locState.State__c != null && locState.State__c != '') {
            stateName += locState.State__c + ',';
        }
        return stateName;
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION :       This method will be called to return Country.
     */
    @TestVisible private String GetCountry (Risk_Location__c locCountry) {
        String countryName = '';
        if(locCountry.Country__c != null && locCountry.Country__c != '') {
            countryName += locCountry.Country__c + '}';
        }
        return countryName;
    }

/**
     *  DESCRIPTION   :    This method is called to make request to Google with the address and get the Latitude and Longitude and update Risk Location records
     */
     @TestVisible private void GetLocation(List<Risk_Location__c> riskLocationList) {
         double lat = null;
         double lng = null;
         String address = '';
         String formattedAddress = '';
         List<String> splitAddress;
         Risk_Location__c riskLocation = new Risk_Location__c();

for( Risk_Location__c riskLoc : riskLocationList ) {
             splitAddress = new List<String>();

address += '{';
             address += GetStreetNumber(riskLoc);
             address += GetStreetName(riskLoc);
             address += GetSuburb(riskLoc);
             address += GetState(riskLoc);
             address += GetCountry(riskLoc);

Http h = new Http();
             HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
             req.setEndpoint('http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address='+address+'&sensor=true');
             req.setMethod('GET');

try {
                 HttpResponse res = h.send(req);

JSONParser parser = JSON.createParser(res.getBody());
                 system.debug('********* Resquest Body ********' + res.getBody());
                 Boolean addressFlag = false;
                 Boolean latlngFlag = false;
                 while(parser.nextToken() != null ) {

if((parser.getCurrentToken() == JSONToken.FIELD_NAME) && (parser.getText() == 'formatted_address') && addressFlag == false ) {
                        parser.nextToken();
                        formattedAddress = parser.getText();
                        addressFlag = true;
                     }
                     if ((parser.getCurrentToken() == JSONToken.FIELD_NAME) && (parser.getText() == 'location') && latlngFlag == false ) {
                           parser.nextToken();
                           while (parser.nextToken() != JSONToken.END_OBJECT) {
                               String txt = parser.getText();
                               parser.nextToken();
                               if (txt == 'lat')
                                   lat = parser.getDoubleValue();
                               else if (txt == 'lng')
                                   lng = parser.getDoubleValue();
                               if(lat != null && lng != null)
                                    latlngFlag = true;
                           } // End of Inner While Loop
                    }
                 }// End of while Loop

splitAddress = address.split(',');
                 // If Lat and Lng is not Null and Formatted address is same as Provided, populate Google Address, Address_Not_Found__c and Approximate_Address__c on Risk Location
                 if( lat != null && lng != null ) {
                     // If Formatted address from Google is same as Address on Risk Location, populate Lat, Lng, Google Address and Uncheck Approximate_Address__c and Address_Not_Found__c
                     if((formattedAddress.toUpperCase()).contains((splitAddress[1].toUpperCase())) && (formattedAddress.toUpperCase()).contains((splitAddress[2].toUpperCase())) &&
                        ((formattedAddress.toUpperCase()).contains(('AU')) || (formattedAddress.toUpperCase()).contains(('AUS')) || (formattedAddress.toUpperCase()).contains(('AUSTRALIA')))) {
                        riskLoc.Geolocation__Latitude__s = lat;
                        riskLoc.Geolocation__Longitude__s = lng;
                        riskLoc.Google_Address__c = formattedAddress;
                        riskLoc.Approximate_Address__c = false;
                        riskLoc.Address_Not_Found__c = false;
                     }
                     // If Formatted Address is not same as Address on Risk Location then Polpulate Lat,Lng,Google Address and Check Approximate_Address true and Address_Not_Found = false
                     else {
                        riskLoc.Approximate_Address__c = true;
                        riskLoc.Address_Not_Found__c = false;
                        riskLoc.Google_Address__c = formattedAddress;
                     }
                 }
                 // If Lat Lng is Null then Clear Google Address, Lat, Lng and Check Address_Not_Found = true and Approximate_Address = false
                 else {
                    riskLoc.Google_Address__c = '';
                    riskLoc.Approximate_Address__c = false;
                    riskLoc.Address_Not_Found__c = true;
                 }
             } catch( Exception e) {
                 system.debug('== Exception Occured ====' + e.getMessage());
             }
             address = '';
         } // End of For Loop

update riskLocationList;
     } // End of Method

}

Please help me with this

Today we’re excited to announce the new Salesforce Developers Discussion Forums. We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can improve the forums.  With Chatter Answers, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we were able to implement an entirely new experience, integrated with the rest of the Salesforce Developers site.  By the way, it’s also mobile-friendly.

We’ve migrated all the existing data, including user accounts. You can use the same Salesforce account you’ve always used to login right away.  You’ll also have a great new user profile page that will highlight your community activity.  Kudos have been replaced by “liking” a post instead and you’ll now be able to filter solved vs unsolved posts.

This is, of course, only the beginning  and because it’s built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we’re going to be able to bring you more features faster than ever before.  Be sure to share any feedback, ideas, or questions you have on this forum post.

Hats off to our development team who has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring this new experience to our community. And thanks to each of you for helping to build one of the most vibrant and collaborative developer communities ever.

I can run AccountEditor app and other sample apps in the SalesforceMobileSDK distro as a web page or from android emulator. But I've never set them up as connected apps and they aren't present in connected apps in salesforce ui which I don't understand because I thought that they would have to be configured as connected apps in order to access

I'm a bit confused about that statement in the Mobile Development guide:

"Developing a hybrid application inside the container requires a build/deploy step for every change. For that reason, we
recommend you develop your hybrid application directly in a browser, and only run your code in the container in the final
stages of testing. JavaScript development in a browser is easier because there is no build/compile step. Whenever you make changes to the code, you can refresh the browser to see your changes."

I assume this means setting up all the static resources within a VF page or an external web site for say, the AccountEditor app which I have working in the emulator? Is there an easy way to do this from forcedroid,  or some sample code?

Hi

I am trying to do a self join in contact object to get employee and manager id.

This is the query I tried with no-luck :

SELECT p.id,p.Employee_ID__c,p.FirstName,p.LastName,(select c.Employee_ID__c FROM Contact c where c.ReportsToId=p.id) from contact p

Could some one let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks

Top five reasons we're the 2010 #1 Most Popular Salesforce Consulting Partner on AppExchange:

• Experience -- Over 200 Salesforce implementations & over 30 Force.com apps
  • Cost Free Advice -- We offer all of our clients on-going free advice whenever needed.
  • Versatile -- Our clientele covers a wide range of industries, from small to international enterprise conglomerates, including Kaplan, Dell, University of San Francisco, Fluxion Biosciences, Aldon, Ingres, iRise, among others.
  • Guaranteed -- We publish our three point guarantee on our website.

Please feel free to call us for a cost-free initial consultation! Check us out on the AppExchange.

Regards,
Kristina Smith l ForceBrain.com

ksmith@ForceBrain.com

(650) 425-7474

Hello,

We are funneling leads in using the Batch API from a Ruby On Rails platform.  When the leads come in our assignment rules do not fire.  We tried creating a trigger to update the useDefaultAssignmentRules but this did not help.  I have verified in the debug logs that the trigger is firing, but it does not send the leads through the assignment rules.  All leads are assigned to the user who's Security Token is being used.  

Any Ideas?  Below is the trigger we are using:

trigger SetAssignmentRuleOnLeadInsert on Lead (before insert) {
    for(Lead theLead : Trigger.New){
        Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
        dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
        theLead.setOptions(dmo);
    }

}

We want to use Service Cloud Console, which runs off of a View definition.

the UI & data for picking our product/serviceable component will not fit into the View list definition tool

When the service rep selects a case from the console list, the list is no longer shown.. working the selected

case might be hours worth of work.. with the list of cases not shown..

we want to tell the service rep somehow that a new case has arrived that is higher priority than the one they are working on,

without having the user have to do something on the SF web page.. (alert popup, something)  cause the rep could be using

some other app during this long work period ( our cases last way longer than a day).

if we write our own service cloud console app, then we can do whatever we need.. I don't want to go there..

if we had 1000 pushtopics, we could get almost everythign we need.. but there are only 10 per org.

so, we are thinking how we could simulate what streaming does..  when a case changes, inform the interested parties..

we can build & store a soql stmt with a new view list type & UI.

if we somehow make a special case relationship object for each user for each case (inclusion list), then we could show THAT in the

std view list..

so, one idea is a shared folder, for each user with a list of related cases in it.  don't know if the system supports 1000 shared folders.

another idea is a junction object for each case ot each user when the view criteria  match.

another might be permission sets..

effectively we would have to run a trigger/workflow on any case change, and run all 1000 defined soql stmts and make/update the relationship in some way or another.   we have at least 10,000 case updates a day.

then we could use the new case console marque feature (added in summer 12) to poll to see if the list changed to add new priority 1 cases to the users list over what is already displayed on the console list (on the non-visible tab).

OR we could use a generic case streaming event to fire this check..  

when does streamimg event happen relative to triggers? (I hope guaranteed to be after.)

Ihate the inrush of streaming client callbacks on every event hit.. but such is the current limitations

man, if there were just more pushtopics..

I'm a relative newbie looking for some help.  Don't laugh, you were there once, too..  :(  

Here's the deal.  We have a custom link (button) on a standard account page.  The javascript is supposed to take the value of the custom physical_address__c field (textarea) and copy it to the standard BillingAddress fields (BillingStreet, BillingCity, etc).

Everything works when there is only one line in the custom field; but if the user has entered a line feed / carriage return (as many do), the script produces an ILLEGAL TOKEN error.

I've read everything I could find about stripping line feeds out using javascript, but so far no luck.  I suspect it's because I haven't figured out how to strip the characters before assigning the field value to a javascript variable.  Original code is below, for reference.

Any help out there?  I would really appreciate it..

Thanks,

Lewis 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}
var a = new sforce.SObject("Account");
a.id = "{!Account.Id}";

a.BillingStreet = "{!Account.Physical_Address__c}";
a.BillingCity = "{!Account.Physical_City__c}";
a.BillingState = "{!Account.Physical_State__c}";
a.BillingPostalCode = "{!Account.Physical_Postal_Code__c}";
a.BillingCountry = "{!Account.Physical_Country__c}";
result = sforce.connection.update([a]);
window.location.reload();

Hi,

according to client requirement ,they need to get daily remainders or assigned case notice to assignees for every 1 hour.

Will you provide some solution how can i achieve this ??

Regards,

Anil 

*  Great opportunity for experienced Visualforce/Apex developer
*  Senior level position on small development team
*  Excellent salary + employee benefits

Well established, privately-owned technology and consulting services company is looking for a Sr. Developer with experience deploying solutions built on Salesforce.com to join its team.

This is a full-time position responsible for designing customized front-end web portals to provide access to customer
information hosted on Salesforce.com.  Each client will have its own unique web portal.

Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.

• 3+ experience with Visualforce/Apex and Salesforce customization
  • 3+ years of software development experience including experience with C++ or Java
  • Front-end Web design and development experience (XHTML, HTML, CSS, ASP.Net)
  • Good eye for layout/design
  • Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008
  • Excellent communication skills

Salary:  $75,000 - $115,000 + employee benefits

email resume:  kathy.magel@yahoo.com

• October 21, 2011

I cant figure out why I am getting this error when trying to query an object.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Rob

I've lost hours trying to work around what must be bugs with the force IDE and how it calculates test coverage. Before I keep trying to hack around what seems like a very fragile system, I thought I'd get a reality check.

I have examples where test code in a function results in coverage % X, but if the code is moved from the function directly into the test method, the coverage changes to Y%. And there are other cases where switching calls A() and B() to B() then A() changes the test coverage values (in these cases, A() and B() simply exercise properties of separate classes).

I read on other posts that the web-based test-coverage tools are more helpful that the IDE. The example in the post I just read was that the web-based tool will show code hit in the test path with blue and code not hit in red. What follows is one weird example:

WebService static Integer Save( String accountName, String address1, String city, String state, String zip, String
emailAddr, String bizPhone, String cellPhone, String sfAccountId, Boolean setToFalseForTesting ) {

gdirectws.gDirectWebServiceSoap gs = new gdirectws.gDirectWebServiceSoap(); 

if( setToFalseForTesting == true ) {

acctId = gs.Save( accountName, address1, city, state, zip, emailAddr, bizPhone, cellPhone, sfAccountId );

}

return acctId;

}

In the code above, the whole method shows as blue (i.e. covered in the test) EXCEPT for the return. I assumed that could only be the case if there was an exception in the gs.Save call, but no exceptions are reported during the test.

Is the test coverage calculator unusually buggy? Is this whack-a-mole nonsense just something that salesforce development entails? Or is it really just me?

• September 21, 2011
Hi I have developed a following VF page
<apex:page sidebar="false"  controller="BES_exportCasesToCSVController" contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#Cases.xls">
<apex:PageBlock >
<apex:PageBlockTable value="{!cases}" var="case" rowClasses="odd,even" styleClass="tableClass" >
<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">Practice Name</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!case.Practice_Name__r.Name}"/>
</apex:column>
</apex:PageBlockTable>
</apex:PageBlock>
</apex:page>

This gives me excel file for the pageBlockTable contents when I execute this in Firefox
or Google Chrome browser,but when I run this in IE 7 an error box pops up displaying following
Windows Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Internet Explorer cannot download exportCasesToCSV from c.cs2.visual.force.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.
OK

I need this working in IE because client uses IE7. Pls tell me any workarounf for this. I am ready to go for SControl
also if there is no way in VisualForce