• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
There is a new user showing up through the API, but not visible in the UI.

(This can be recreated via sforce explorer)

If I query the user list via the webservice, I get all my regular users, but now I am getting an additional on.  Its name is "Salesforce Administrator".  It says it was just created 8/3/07 (even though I have had my account for well over a year).  It has a license type of "BlackTab User". 

Can anyone help me out with what this user is?  And, is there an easy way to filter it out of my query?  (I want to be able to only get users that are available in the UI in my query).

Thanks
  • August 09, 2007
There is a new user showing up through the API, but not visible in the UI.

(This can be recreated via sforce explorer)

If I query the user list via the webservice, I get all my regular users, but now I am getting an additional on.  Its name is "Salesforce Administrator".  It says it was just created 8/3/07 (even though I have had my account for well over a year).  It has a license type of "BlackTab User". 

Can anyone help me out with what this user is?  And, is there an easy way to filter it out of my query?  (I want to be able to only get users that are available in the UI in my query).

Thanks
  • August 09, 2007
We are having an issue with a client setup with the partner portal where the API is returning a field value longer than what the describe of the object is saying is the maximum length.

This is happening when an account is converted to a partner account there are three roles created.
The role names are created by taking the account name and appending three strings:
Partner User
Partner Executive
Partner Manager

An account name can be 255 characters, and a role name can be 40 characters when entered via the UI.
The describe of UserRole returns that the field "Name" can be 40 characters (120 bytes)

During testing when entering an Account Name with the maximum amount of characters (255) the role names for the 3 roles created ended up truncating the account name and adding the three strings afterwards. The result was, for the longest role name, the first 62 characters of the account name and then adding the 18 characters of " Partner Executive", to make it a total of 80 characters. This is more than the API is saying that the maximum field length should be.

How long can the UserRole Name returned by the API really be?

- Peter
  • April 13, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I'd like to somehow have the ability email the attachments stored under notes and attachments. Could I posibly create a custom link to open up outlook and attach the file i'd like to email? Any ideas??
  • February 16, 2006
This is something for Salesforce.com to answer, as it relates to future functionality in the API.

I am reviewing 7.0 API functionality and notice some things that could cause problems down the road when usage metering is turned on. The issue has to do with the limit of 5,000 calls per 24 hour period, and knowing when we're going to hit the wall and more specifically how the meter measures usage.

First of all, how can I get usage statistics on an org? If we're going to bounce up against the daily limit, it would by dandy to see if an org is actually close to or over that limit.

The doc says that the API can't have more than 5 method calls open that have lasted longer than 5 seconds. This is not possible to test in a Developer org, since the number of records in a Developer org is statistically trivial.

There appears to be no way to terminate a method call (say, like closing a cursor). I can't tell if it shows up on the meter as serial or concurrent connections.

Thanks in advance for the heads up.