• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Developers@Dreamforce is less than a week away and WOW do we have an amazing event in store for you.  Everything is bigger and better this year, and I only wish I could tell you about some of the amazing things we'll be announcing -- but I can't, so you have to wait and get the experience directly.  It's not too late to buy a ticket, and if you are a prospective developer -- that is, not already a customer or partner -- we have an amazing deal for you here

If you can't make it to Dreamforce, do the next best things: add this Facebook event to your profile, get following the Twitter feed, and set up a Filckr stream for photos tagged df07.  And then get ready to channel the I-wish-I-was-there angst toward planning to attend next year. 
  • September 12, 2007
There are some amazing new platform technologies just around the corner, and there's no better way to learn about them than by attending the free live webinar, "Inside the Dreamforce Developer Preview".  It'll be full of demos, code, and expert guidance on what it all means for you as a developer.  Plus coverage of the Summer '07 release and a glimpse ahead at what we'll be talking about at Dreamforce.

As always, space is limited, so register soon. 

Date: July 17
Time: 10 AM PDT
Registration: http://www.apexdevnet.com/events/devpreview/registration.php
  • July 12, 2007
Please check out the latest Apex programming language news, Salesforce SOA, and post your questions and comments on the Apex Code Development board.  As always, we're interested in your thoughts.
  • May 21, 2007
Just a reminder to register while there's still space available for this free event!  This is a rare, full-day opportunity for the ADN community to learn new things, sharpen existing skills, and find out about the latest on Apex Code and the entire platform.

Our agenda is confirmed now.  The day starts with keynotes by Marc Benioff, Parker Harris, and Guy Kawasaki, followed by lunch, and then an afternoon of in-depth sessions on the platform.  We'll be covering technical topics including Apex Code, enterprise mashups, and our API set, plus we'll have some technical folks from both Google and Adobe particpating as speakers.  We also have a track dedicated to the business side of the platform, for the entrepreneurially oriented amongst you.  And, of course, we'll have a ton of Salesforce.com technical folks on hand -- evangelists, engineers, product managers, and more -- to answer your questions and help you be successful with the platform.  The full day's agenda is here.

Don't miss it!
  • May 07, 2007
Check us out at Web 2.0 Expo, April 15-18. We'll be speaking on the business web and demoing the latest Apex platform technologies, including something entirely new for Apex developers. Apex Developer Network will be at booth 136 with a great demo of the new Flex Toolkit, and if you're an ADN member, pick up a free ADN t-shirt. (If you're not a member, join -- it's free.)

If you want to drop in, try using discount code webex07em for a limited pass.

Message Edited by PK on 04-16-2007 08:20 AM

• April 16, 2007
Developers@Dreamforce is less than a week away and WOW do we have an amazing event in store for you.  Everything is bigger and better this year, and I only wish I could tell you about some of the amazing things we'll be announcing -- but I can't, so you have to wait and get the experience directly.  It's not too late to buy a ticket, and if you are a prospective developer -- that is, not already a customer or partner -- we have an amazing deal for you here

If you can't make it to Dreamforce, do the next best things: add this Facebook event to your profile, get following the Twitter feed, and set up a Filckr stream for photos tagged df07.  And then get ready to channel the I-wish-I-was-there angst toward planning to attend next year. 
  • September 12, 2007
There are some amazing new platform technologies just around the corner, and there's no better way to learn about them than by attending the free live webinar, "Inside the Dreamforce Developer Preview".  It'll be full of demos, code, and expert guidance on what it all means for you as a developer.  Plus coverage of the Summer '07 release and a glimpse ahead at what we'll be talking about at Dreamforce.

As always, space is limited, so register soon. 

Date: July 17
Time: 10 AM PDT
Registration: http://www.apexdevnet.com/events/devpreview/registration.php
  • July 12, 2007
Please check out the latest Apex programming language news, Salesforce SOA, and post your questions and comments on the Apex Code Development board.  As always, we're interested in your thoughts.
  • May 21, 2007
Just a reminder to register while there's still space available for this free event!  This is a rare, full-day opportunity for the ADN community to learn new things, sharpen existing skills, and find out about the latest on Apex Code and the entire platform.

Our agenda is confirmed now.  The day starts with keynotes by Marc Benioff, Parker Harris, and Guy Kawasaki, followed by lunch, and then an afternoon of in-depth sessions on the platform.  We'll be covering technical topics including Apex Code, enterprise mashups, and our API set, plus we'll have some technical folks from both Google and Adobe particpating as speakers.  We also have a track dedicated to the business side of the platform, for the entrepreneurially oriented amongst you.  And, of course, we'll have a ton of Salesforce.com technical folks on hand -- evangelists, engineers, product managers, and more -- to answer your questions and help you be successful with the platform.  The full day's agenda is here.

Don't miss it!
  • May 07, 2007
Check us out at Web 2.0 Expo, April 15-18. We'll be speaking on the business web and demoing the latest Apex platform technologies, including something entirely new for Apex developers. Apex Developer Network will be at booth 136 with a great demo of the new Flex Toolkit, and if you're an ADN member, pick up a free ADN t-shirt. (If you're not a member, join -- it's free.)

If you want to drop in, try using discount code webex07em for a limited pass.

Message Edited by PK on 04-16-2007 08:20 AM

• April 16, 2007

Sorry to ask this question again but it seems that I cannot find a consistent/accurate answer on the boards. I am trying to find out two things:

1. It appears that Salesforce.com would like us to use the Customer portal as our authentication method for Sites. However, some form of authentication could be created using APEX/VF/Cookies/Etc. Is creating another form of authentication to display user specific information a violation of the terms of service? Or is it simply not supported?

2. If it is a "violation" what is the pricing model for customer portal? I have read per login, per seat, etc? I know the response to this will be "contact your sales rep". But as a partner our clients are different sizes and deal with multiple sales reps. I am just looking for the overall model and some off the shelf ballpark pricing so I can share that with our clients. 

Any feedback/direction/help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to get Visualforce enabled in my develop edition account.  I'm not clear on who to contact to request this, so I'm posting it here.  Sorry if this should be a direct-to-salesforce-email, but I imagine others are wondering the same thing.

The Force cookbook states:

Note:  As of September 2007, Visualforce is available as a Developer Preview only.

The product/functionality matrix on p.30 of the cookbook shows the "Visualforce Developer Preview" as being available to Developer Edition accounts.

I'm writing this post because it's not available in my dev. edition account, and I'm unsure how to get it enabled.   Neither the Setup > Build > Pages nor Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information > Developer Mode options are available to me, so I assume it's the org itself that needs enabling.

Do I have to sign up for a new developer edition account?  That would be somewhat painful, as I have a fair amount of custom objects & Apex Code in my current dev. edition account that I want to use with Visualforce.
  • September 18, 2007
I may be jumping the gun. I plan to download Eclipse and follow the instructions I found on another note about installing it and using it.

But I have not seen much information on the SF web site about S-Controls. I guess there is a Java Library that they can tie into. What can and can not be done and how?

My first hope is that there is a reference guide somewhere. Second to that would be a tutorial. Third would be some sample code.

Are any of those available?

Thank you for your help,
Perry
  • November 08, 2006