• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

As we know the the email limits in salesforce is 1,000 per standard salesforce.com but what would be the limit in case mail are comming in using EntitySubscription in Chatter feed.

Are they count against organisation limit or not ?

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right directrion.  I want to be able to send emails to departments within our company with files attached. 

I have created a custom object that allows notes and files to be attached to it and have also created a custom email template that I want to be sent.  I have also started building an Apex class for the pupose of sending the email, with a send method within; can this mehtod be called from a custom button on a standard page layout, or would I hvae to go the whole hog and create a custom visual force page?

Thanks in Advance.

Stuart

• September 02, 2010

I currently have an Email Alert setup as the output from a Workflow when a new record is created. This is all working fine.

However, I would like to be able to change the 'from' email address.

When I edit the Email Alert, the only option I have is 'Current User's Email Address'

This results in the from email being...

no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of MyName [ my_email_address ]

Ideally I would like this to be 'no-reply@my_company_domain'

I tried to test sending mass emails using following test code

sited form Visualforce Manual.

But failed to have received an error message.

Any suggestion appreciated.

In case of sending a singlemassage test,it was OK.

Error Message:-

System.EmailException:
       SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0;
       first error: INVALID_ID_FIELD,
       Visualforce templates are not currently supported for mass email.: []

Test Code:-

User you = [ SELECT Email
             FROM User
             WHERE Id = :UserInfo.getUserId()
             LIMIT 1 ];
    EmailTemplate template = [ SELECT Id
                           FROM EmailTemplate
                           WHERE DeveloperName = 'Test_Template'
                             LIMIT 1 ];
     Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();
     mail.templateId = template.Id;
    mail.targetObjectIds = new Id[] { you.Id };
    mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);
     Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.MassEmailMessage[] { mail });

• April 04, 2010
One of our email workflow rules was triggered but the email was never received.  We pulled an email log and noticed that in one day 6 emails from different email alerts went to ValidationQueue@salesforce.com.  Has anyone have this issue?
Message Edited by hhuie on 02-25-2010 10:02 AM
  • February 25, 2010
We all have a limit to send email from Salesforce.com, i.e 500 emails for Enterprise Edition.

Here my query is, is this only for mass emails or counted for single email sent from “Send An Email” from Contact /other objects?
What about workflow email alerts – this is also countable against the per day limit.?

Please clarify.

How many emails can the sendEmail  Apex method send out per day?

I went through the documentation, and here is what is says:

a. "All mass email and single email messages sent with the sendEmail method count against the daily mass mail limit of the sending organization."

b. "You can send mass email to a maximum of 1000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)."

Statement 'b', in my opinion means that you can send emails to maximum 1000 distinct email addresses per day, but it says nothing about the number of actual email messages being sent.

Thanks.

How do I specify the name,value for email headers in my test method for inbound email services?

Messaging.InboundEmail.Header[] hd = email.headers[name='Date', value='Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:08:37 -0700']; THIS GIVES AN ERROR Messaging.InboundEmail.Header[] hd = email.headers; hd[0].name='Date'; hd[0].value='Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:08:37 -0700']; THIS GIVES SYSTEM.NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION ERROR

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I have an inbound email service that is supposed to accept emails from our legacy system and process some system updates (a poor mans synchronize).  When the legacy system sends the mesage, we get the error:

554 Transaction failed: xxxx is not authorized to send emails to this service.

Originally, the service was set up to accept messages only from this address, and the administration address. I have also tried removing any "accept email from" addresses, leaving the service wide open (not desired, but for testing purposes).  When I send form the admin email address it works fine, but from my legacy system email, I get the error.

Has anyone else run into this type of issue, and if so, how was it resolved? I have had a case open with support for several weeks, but they have not been able to address the issue.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message Edited by JimRae on 12-10-2008 09:09 AM
  • December 08, 2008
Hi,

I have created an email template in Visualforce which displays a form including checkboxes, text boxes and labels. Everything works fine except the checkboxes. The checkbox values doesnt display in the outlook email, nor does a image of a checkbox. Instead I see a Image box with a red cross sign.

Code:
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload—file=01530000000dpeZ"/></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:outputLabel rendered="{!!relatedTo.LAN__c}"><apex:image url="https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload–file=01530000000dpee"/></apex:outputLabel>

The checkbox image has been stored in the Documents folder in salesforce and I have made it externally availaible. 
I tried using a static Resource which did not work either. Also, I have modified my outlook settings to display images but still dont see the image.

Please let me know,
Anchal

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008
I have heard that Self-Signed Certs are not allowed for OM, SSO and Apex Callouts, but when setting up Email Relay to use TLS, is using self-signed certs disallowed for this as well?
Thanks.
Created custom objects, provided the test data, developed the lightning components, created the community, added the lightning component to the community through community builder, created the community user, published the community. When logged in as community user, the data is not displayed. Provided the FLS, enabled the apex classes to the Community Plus USer profile. All the custom objects and required standard objects are Public read/write. Still not able to see the data on the community. Any hints on how we can make data display on the community page. 

Hi,

has anyone attempted to use the latest ap exchange Chatter code to integrate with Sharepoint 2010?

We are attempting to do this with a virtual machine running SharePoint 2010 SP1. We install the components and deploy the web parts to a Sharepoint page. We then click the login button expecting to be presented with a screen to enter the SF login details but we get the error:

Error: There is some problem in Chatter web part configuration. Please contact your administrator. 

In the Event logs for Sharepoiint we get the error:

An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:\n\nSubject Name: CN=login.salesforce.com, OU=Applications, O="Salesforce.com, Inc.", L=San Francisco, S=California, C=US\nIssuer Name: CN=VeriSign Class 3 International Server CA - G3, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US\nThumbprint: 3863534EF5120F2E8C759EB43CE71E100AD4AF72\n\nErrors:\n\n The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..

We are using a consumer key and secret that we have generated fron a test salesforce instance.

It would suggest its a problem with a SSL certificate but the details mentioned in the above error are not related to any certificates we have created or assigned to the Sharepoint web site.

I realise this code has only be released in the last two weeks and very few people may have attempted this integration but any help to resolve this would be much appreciated

Many Thanks 

Brian

When we bcc an email it is added to salesforce as a task with the default type of call.  I would like to have it be saved as the email type, but for some reason I can't get the setting to change.  Has anyone has this issue?  Any ideas how to get these saved as task type email?  Thanks!

Hello all,

I am using a custom 'Send an Email' button on Lead page (for partner portal users) which will auto-populate the 'Additional To' and 'CC' fields.

the code i am using behind this button is:

https://org.secure.force.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&rtype=00Q&template_id=00XC0000001eo51&p5=&retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p4={!Lead.OwnerEmail}

This was working fine untill recently.

Since last couple of days when portal users are trying to use this button to send an email, the following error is popping up:

Page Not Found: /_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor

I tried to test if the standard 'Send an Email' button is working from the Activity History related list and the same error message pops up.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

VK

• February 16, 2012

Hi all,

As we know the the email limits in salesforce is 1,000 per standard salesforce.com but what would be the limit in case mail are comming in using EntitySubscription in Chatter feed.

Are they count against organisation limit or not ?

Hello All,

I 'd an issue regarding sending emails using singleemailmessage class. Heard that we can send 10 * 1000 = 10000 emails per execution (10 arrays, each array to accomodate 1000 emails). Is this true?

But i am unable to send more than 10 emails. Could anyone plz clarify me how to do. PFB my code snippet:

}

for(Permit__c p:permitList){
                 Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage(); 
                                    String subject = p.Name+' | '+p.Region__c+' | '+p.Full_State__c+' | '+p.Channel__c+' | Status=Expired';
                                    email.setSubject(subject);
                                    String emailadd = 'abc@xyz.com';
                                    String[] toAddresses = emailadd.split(',');
                                    email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
                                    email.setHTMLBody( 'email body.' );
                 Messaging.SendEmailResult[] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email}); 

An error is being thrown when 10 mails are sent and is about to send 11th email.

Plz help!

Hi,

I am trying to create a Email Functionality on click a custom button. i.e. I have a button that runs javascript on click and it executes the Apex class.

Button is:

-------------------

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/apex.js")}

var result=sforce.apex.execute( "EmailMe", "EmailFunction", {});
alert(result);

-------------------

Apex Class is:

--------------------

public with sharing class EmailMe {

private String[] toAddresses;

public EmailMe(){
        List<User> currentUser = [Select Email from User where Id =:UserInfo.getUserId()];
        String[] toAddresses = new String[] {currentUser[0].Email};
    }

public String EmailFunction(){

Messaging.reserveSingleEmailCapacity(4);

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
        mail.setSubject('Test Mail');
        mail.setPlainTextBody('Your Case has been created for testing');

Messaging.SendEmailResult[] res = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
        if(res[0].isSuccess()){
            return 'Email is sent';    
        }
        else{
            return res[0].getErrors()[0].getMessage();
        }            
    }
}

--------------------

But i am recieving something like this error:

"{http:// soap.sforce.com/schemas/package/EmailMe}Emailfunction please check the WSDL for the service.."

Do you think I have to setup some connection or something??

I am using my DEV org.

Help!!

Have an approval process that works fine via email from Outlook, webmail and iPhone but for one Android phone approver, when he replies, it selects the contact from the workflow and not the approval reply to email address. Is anyone else seeing this and if so, did you find a way around it?

Yes, they can hit the link and log in AND yes they can use their PC

But if they are in a meeting and see the request and just need to hit reply and type Approved, just like they did on their iPhone, all is right with the world.

Hi,

I am  presently working with the inbound outbound email feature available in sales force.
   My scenario looks like this I have a workflow which gets triggered when a "campaign member" associated with "campaign" has "status" changed to "sent". So the workflow generates an action (an email alert) is send to the campaign member's email id.. For the email alert I have created my own template with a calender invite in the form of .ics file attachment.
Till here everything is working fine i.e. the supposed alert is sent to respective campaign member's email id.
I have created a email service and associated it to email id (generated by salesforce) for receiving any response to the calender invite but I am not receiving any response to this particular email address in email service as the associated email handler class is not getting invoked.I am able to say this on the basis that I cannot see the incoming mails in the  email log files which is obtained after using the "monitoring" option in the administration setup of salesforce.

Please could you provide me some help on this? Basically I want to know whether the incoming mails to email id (salesforce generated) in the email service, can be logged-in in the email logs?

I am attaching my email template for reference:

<messaging:emailTemplate relatedToType="CampaignMember"

replyTo="jaya@gmail.com"

subject=""

>

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Dear {},

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment filename="meeting.ics" >

BEGIN:VCALENDAR

METHOD:REQUEST

PRODID:Microsoft CDO for Microsoft Exchange

VERSION:2.0

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE

TZID:GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)

BEGIN:STANDARD

DTSTART:<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

<apex:param value="" /> 

</apex:outputText>

TZOFFSETFROM:-0400

TZOFFSETTO:-0500

END:STANDARD

BEGIN:DAYLIGHT

DTSTART:16010301T020000

TZOFFSETFROM:-0500

TZOFFSETTO:-0400

END:DAYLIGHT

END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTSTAMP:20101217T140608

DTSTART;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

SUMMARY:Test Message

UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000C07DCFA4C99DCB01000000000000000

010000000584FE1BDDE8FF248BAB19BA4477C5AE2

ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE;CN=  "name":MAILTO:mailto:eds@gmail.com

ORGANIZER;CN="CIO":MAILTO:inboundemaildemo@q-42mjlnch6w5taj0qh6d4hjnlj.in.salesforce.com

DTEND;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

DESCRIPTION:

SEQUENCE:0

PRIORITY:5

CLASS:

CREATED:20101217T140326

LAST-MODIFIED:20101217T140340

TRANSP:OPAQUE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1

TZID:GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)

BEGIN:STANDARD

DTSTART:<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

TZOFFSETFROM:-0400

TZOFFSETTO:-0500

END:STANDARD

BEGIN:DAYLIGHT

DTSTART:16010301T020000

TZOFFSETFROM:-0500

TZOFFSETTO:-0400

END:DAYLIGHT

END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTSTAMP:20101217T140608

DTSTART;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

SUMMARY:Test Message

UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000C07DCFA4C99DCB01000000000000000

010000000584FE1BDDE8FF248BAB19BA4477C5AE2

ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE;CN=  "name":MAILTO:mailto:eds@gmail.com

ORGANIZER;CN="CIO":MAILTO:inboundemaildemo@q-42mjlnch6w5taj0qh6d4hjnlj.in.salesforce.com

DTEND;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

DESCRIPTION:

SEQUENCE:0

PRIORITY:5

CLASS:

CREATED:20101217T140326

LAST-MODIFIED:20101217T140340

TRANSP:OPAQUE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNERAPPTID:-61749286
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-APPT-SEQUENCE:0
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ATTENDEE-CRITICAL-CHANGE:20101217T140608
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNER-CRITICAL-CHANGE:20101217T140608
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
DESCRIPTION:REMINDER
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
</messaging:attachment>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

and my email handler class is as follows :

global class EventInboundController implements Messaging.InboundEmailHandler {
      global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.InboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope envelope) {
          Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailresult();
            String myPlainText= '';
   String mySubjectText= '';
   myPlainText = email.plainTextBody;
   mySubjectText= email.subject;

List<String> temp = mySubjectText.split(':');
    String response = temp[0];

system.debug(response);

result.success = true;
   return result;      }
  }

we use messaging.SingleEmailMessage/ messaging.SendEmail to send out mails from apex. it seems these mails are not sent 'secure'.  our customers are urgently asking for a more secure way to send the mails. any tips how to send out mails (with attachments) in a secure way (certificates?/ssl?) from salesforce apex coding?

Hello All!

When sending email to more than one address

example:

mailToSend.setToAddresses(m_ToMails);

when toMails contains more than one address the people who get the mail are no able to see the whole

"to list".

I know it is not aa big deal but I need they to see the list

Thanx!

hi ,

I am working in a solution where i run a batch class which gives me the all the ids of an object based on some criteria. In this i need to collect all these ids and put it into a csv file and send an email with the csv file attached to the email.

Can anybody suggest me the code to accomplish this.

• October 19, 2010

Hi i want to know the current emails sent out and the email limit for the an org using apex, can this be done?

Hey developer gurus...

Running into a snag while trying to get coverage on an Inbound email handler. Looking to see if anyone can point me down the right path to getting a test method constructed properly so I can more this class into production. The class is "working" in sandbox perfectly but the test coverage I am getting is only 25%.

This class performs the following:

1. Receives the inbound email and dissects the envelope and email creating string variables where necessary

2. Looks up an existing account in the system and matches it to one of the toAddresses (Quote_Address__C field).

3. Looks for an existing contact where the contact's email matches the fromAddress in the envelope AND the account id from step 2.

4. Inserts a Quote Request record against the account with the contact added to that record.

5. If no contact is found, inserts a new contact on that account and then creates the quote request record.

6. Captures any attachments and adds them to the Quote Request record.

7. Sends an email back to the sender letting them know their request was received.

8. If no account is found, sends an error email back to the sender letting them know their request could not be processed.

I used a series of IF statements to qualify each of the 3 conditions that would come up to construct the logic behind how the email was handles and what record(s) were created. This seemed like the most reliable method to get the email handler to work 100% reliably.

Here's the class:

global class EmailQuoteRequest1 implements Messaging.InboundEmailHandler {

public Contact vCon;
    public Account vAcc;
    public Quote_Request__c qr;
    public string toAddr;
    public string emailaddress;
    public String firstName;
    public String lastName;
    public String Subject;
    public String myPlainText;

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(
     Messaging.InboundEmail email,
     Messaging.InboundEnvelope envelope) {

Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailresult();

// Captures the sender's email address and name
         String emailAddress = envelope.fromAddress;           
         String lastName= email.fromName.substring(0,email.fromName.indexOf(' '));
         String firstName = email.fromName.substring(email.fromName.indexOf(' '));

// Captures the email subject
         String Subject = email.Subject;

// Add the email plain text into the local variable
         String myPlainText= '';
           myPlainText = email.plainTextBody;     

//Capture the To: Addresses
         String[] toAddr = email.toAddresses; 

//Check that toAddress list != null
         if (toAddr != null){          <---- I get coverage to here then nothing

//Lookup Account from toAddress list
         if ([select count() from Account where Quote_Address__c in :toAddr] > 0)  {
             Account vAcc = [Select Id, OwnerId, Quote_Address__c 
             From Account
             Where Quote_Address__c in :toAddr 
             Limit 1];

//Look for existing contact in the system
             if ([select count() from Contact where 
             AccountId = :vAcc.Id
             and
             Email = :envelope.fromAddress] > 0) {
                 Contact vCon = [Select Id 
                 from Contact
                 where Email = :envelope.fromAddress 
                 Limit 1];             

//Add the new Quote Request
                 Quote_Request__c[] qr = new Quote_Request__c[0];
                 qr.add(new Quote_Request__c(Request_Detail__c =  myPlainText,
                 Quote_Subject__c = Subject,
                 Customer_Contact__c = vCon.id,
                 Account__c =  vAcc.Id));

try {                   
                   insert qr;

//Insert Attachments if any
                     if (email.binaryAttachments != 
                     null && email.binaryAttachments.size() > 0)
                     {
                     for (integer i = 0 ; i < email.binaryAttachments.size() ; i++)
                     {
                     Attachment aB = new Attachment(ParentId = qr[0].Id,
                     Name = email.binaryAttachments[i].filename,
                     Body = email.binaryAttachments[i].body);
                     insert aB;
                     }
                     }

if (email.textAttachments != 
                     null && email.textAttachments.size() > 0)
                     {
                     for (integer i = 0 ; i < email.textAttachments.size() ; i++)
                     {
                     Attachment aT = new Attachment(ParentId = qr[0].Id,
                     Name = email.textAttachments[i].filename,
                     Body = Blob.valueOf(email.textAttachments[i].body));
                     insert aT;
                     }
                     }

} catch (System.DmlException e)
                   { result.success = false;
                     result.message = 'failed to attach to account.';
                   System.debug('ERROR: Not able to create Quote Request: ' + e);
                 } 

// Send return email to sender confirming receipt of request
                     Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
                     mail.setToAddresses( new String[] { emailAddress });
                     mail.setSubject('Your quote request has been received');
                     mail.setPlainTextBody('Thank you for submitting your request. { existing contact }. Your Account Manager will be in touch shortly to discuss the details of your request.');
                     Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail }); 

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right directrion.  I want to be able to send emails to departments within our company with files attached. 

I have created a custom object that allows notes and files to be attached to it and have also created a custom email template that I want to be sent.  I have also started building an Apex class for the pupose of sending the email, with a send method within; can this mehtod be called from a custom button on a standard page layout, or would I hvae to go the whole hog and create a custom visual force page?

Thanks in Advance.

Stuart

• September 02, 2010

hi to evevryone,

in an organization we send 1000 email in a day,

if i send morethan 1000 emails in a day, how it will work?,

those mails will queue to next day or those mails will delete????

thank you

• September 01, 2010

Has anyone automated an unsubscribe capability in mass emailing in SFDC? 

I would like users to have the option to click a box and then the rest should flow!

Thanks