• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hi all,

i'm trying to clone an entire page which has lookup fields in it.

How do i specify it inside the WIL as you cannot use the description name of the record.
ie. i thought it would of been the ID of that record whoever, it just inserts the raw id (15-18 char) into the field.

ie. populate Account which it refers to into a new record which has (ID, AcctName)
As the AcctName is what is friendly to us. the system requires an ID (in case of duplicate AcctNames)

How do i accomplish this through a WIL?

Hello,

I am trying to create a relationship between Assets and OpportunityProducts however the OpportunityProducts object is not available in the select list when creating a look up relationship.  Is there another way to create this relationship?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • October 23, 2006
I used the web service API to convert some leads to Contact & Account. But now they are needed to recover back to leads. Is there any web service API can do the recovery? If not, can I recover manually? and how to do that?

It's a big problem for me and I need to finish the issue as soon as possible, thanks a lot if you can give me any help!
  • October 23, 2006

Hi,

The standard set of sample data which comes with the developer subscription has few accounts and opportunities. Clearly not enough to do any serious work. We do not have any other SFA data we could import to SFDC yet. Does anyone have a sample data set to share? Or to purchase?

Thanks,

odin

• October 19, 2006
I have a custom object called Units that uses a contact field to show who referred the sale.  Everything works great until I try and run a report on Units and Referrers.  The Report wizard shows "Units with Referrers" and when I go through the process it lets me select columns from both Units and Contacts.  However, it never returns a result showing the connection.  Every unit has a referrer but the report always returns zero rows.

When I try and do the same thing for Accounts (just for testing purposes) it works fine.  Is there a trick to be able to run reports on contacts?  Is it because contacts has a master relationship with Accounts?  Anyone run into this before?
The other day I uploaded a document without realizing it was larger than my storage limit. I deleted the document and didn't think much of it but today i received an email from salesforce stating my storage limit has been exceeded. If i check the storage usage sure enough i'm at 2.2mb of only 2mb allowed and it shows that the documents are taking up 1.9mb of that. However, visible/accessible documents only take up around 0.74mb so the extra 1.16mb is somewhere but I cannot access or delete this. I've cleared out the recycle bin.

anybody have any ideas on how to clear out this hidden 1.16mb??

thanks
I'm wondering if we are able to disable certain rights within 'customize application'

Does anybody know if this is possible?

By this i mean.. perhaps we want them to be able to edit fields but not delete them..

or Not allow the other users who has a profile to be able to set 'field level security'
or NOT allow them to create any workflows?

Message Edited by jimjamz on 10-18-2006 08:46 PM

If someone merges two leads, what happens to the old one when queried via the API? is there a way to tell that a lead has been merged?

Example: I have an ID for one lead. That lead gets merged into another (different lead). What happens to the lead matching the (old) ID that I still have a reference to?

Ideally: I'd like a way to update my local data with the new lead ID.
Hi,

Is there a limit to accounts/contacts in Developer Edition?

Is it possible to upgrade a Developer Edition org to Professional or Enterprise?

Thanks

Kevin
Hi,

I am unable to find a way to enable territory management and Multi-Currency in my Developer Edition account. I have customizable forecasting enabled as it was directly available from the tab.

I saw somewhere about logging a case for this. How can I do this in Developer Edition account?

Please Help!

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • October 17, 2006
Hi,

Is there an easy way to nuke our entire Salesforce instance back to the default?

This includes all records, all custom fields, reset all custom fieldname, reset all custom stages/pipelines, Record Types - basically EVERYTHING - to be all the default and initial Saleforce settings.

using enterprise edition...

we have 4 administrators in our setup - i am one of them, I want to make a record - and account or a contact completely private and not let anyone - administrator or not - unable to see it.

can we do this

it appears not as administrators can see every account.

we have four lines of business and have the accounts and contacts set so only the people in each business grouping can see the records in there group. then we have any administrator group of accounts which are the contact for our president, CEO, COO - we would like to set some of the accounts that are in our admin group as totally private so only the person who owns the record can see it.

for instants the CEO may be dealing with an issue that is part of another business venture and he is keeping notes in sf for that account. he does not want any of the other administrators to see the account record

thanks in advance
Hi,

I would like to setup salesforce.com to automatically send an e-mail to the parties involved (ex. when a PO is received).

I would prefer not to use the "Big Deal" alert because I would like this to work for changing the status of an opportunity.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Mike
  • September 28, 2006
Hi,

I've build a new custom object called "computer", I added a Lookup field to my object in the "case" object of the Support & Service app. This should allow me to associate computers to cases.

When I create a new case I get my lookup for computers, but (in the search popup window) I am not able to search by anything else than my first standard field. I'd like to search computers by other fields.

Is it possible? Any tips or advices on it?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Olivier
  • August 11, 2006

I have created a s-control that will generate a e-mail using a certin template:

Code:

https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Email_Generator_ID}&p3_lkid={!Email_Generator_ID}

Basically it is a custom url. I need to be able to mass e-mail to this same idea.

I have a custom object where I fill in the need information. I then would have to select 'send e-mail' and select my template and then type in the people I would like to send it to. The problem is I can only look up one person and have to type in the actual e-mail address I want to send the e-mail to.

I know that under the leads section there is a button to mass e-mail. But the problem with it is I cant fill in the template from my custom object. You can only 'mass e-mail' if the e-mail has no variable fields on it.

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas?

Thanks,
mike