• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,  wondered if anyone could help determine why my Return URL is not working on a custom button.

"/a0E/e?CF00N20000001ZdDo_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&CF00N20000001ZdDo={!Opportunity.Name}&retURL=https://emea.salesforce.com/{!Opportunity.Id}"

The above related to a new custom object related to the opportunity, on saving I would like it to return back to the opportunity.   I have tried lots of different options, even sending it to an external website to see what happens, but everytime it just takes me to the saved new record.

Is this not possible to do with custom objects, same code "retURL" works on custom event buttons.

Thanks for any assistance

Hi

I am looking for a workaround to a problem with formula size.   I have a formular which simply sums 12 fields together.   Trouble is the 12 fields are all formula fields themeselves.

Is there anything else I can do, apart from a formula to simply add the fields together within SFDC ?

I though I had a solution with roll up summary fields and master object, however there is a maximum of 10 per object, and I need 12!!!

Your hlep is very much appreciated. 
Hi

We are generating a new web to lead form, which includes a custom date field.  

The form is for our UK web site, so dates entered will be dd/mm/yyyy.

Problem is SFDC uses the organisationalal defaulted time-zone.  therefore translates it to a US date format.  

I'm sure some of you UK users out there must of expeirenced this problem and have a work around.   Can this be fixed on the code?  is there anyway I can use a formular field to calculate the date.

Thank you for your help!

Regards

I keep timming out on a simple query, only 230+ record to retrieve.  Its only giving me 50 each time then timming out.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,  

Trying to set up a Validation Rule on Leads, and cannot get this one to work,  can anyone see an error.   If bolean = True, and Sales Type = Field Sale, then error if Sales Visit date = NULL, for Record type.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

AND  (
  (Convert_this_Lead__c = TRUE),
  ISPICKVALUE(Sale_Type__c ,"Field Sale"),
     ISNULL(Initial_Sales_Visit_Date__c ),
$RecordType.Name = "EUR:Pickfords Business Moving")
Hi

Any of clever people know how to create a formula field that will look up the Owners Telephone number from the user record.

The $User Merge fields, only put the current users phone number not the owner, is there any way to create a formula to do this?

The reason for this is we use Exact Target Email tool, and they ahve recently upgraded and now you can only include contact or Lead fields on your email templates.   It would be nice to have the owners phone number on the emails. 

Of course I could create and populate a standard custom field, but would prefer it to recalculate when owner changes.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

I want to add a Validation Rule on an opportunity that ensures a custom field is completed when certain stages are selected.   This is simple enough and works like this

AND ( 
 OR (
    ISPICKVAL( StageName, "A - Pending Sale"),
    ISPICKVAL( StageName, "W - Closed Won")),
ISNULL(  Secured_Date__c  )

So give error message requiring Secured Date to be entered if stage = Pending or Won.

However,  I only want it to validate on a particular record type.   I'm not sure where the record type = statement goes in the formular, below does not work.

AND ( 
 OR (
ISNULL(  Secured_Date__c  ),
RecordTypeId="01250000000DKQnAAO")

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

I am looking for a workaround to a problem with formula size.   I have a formular which simply sums 12 fields together.   Trouble is the 12 fields are all formula fields themeselves.

Is there anything else I can do, apart from a formula to simply add the fields together within SFDC ?

I though I had a solution with roll up summary fields and master object, however there is a maximum of 10 per object, and I need 12!!!

Your hlep is very much appreciated. 
Hi,  

Trying to set up a Validation Rule on Leads, and cannot get this one to work,  can anyone see an error.   If bolean = True, and Sales Type = Field Sale, then error if Sales Visit date = NULL, for Record type.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

AND  (
  (Convert_this_Lead__c = TRUE),
  ISPICKVALUE(Sale_Type__c ,"Field Sale"),
     ISNULL(Initial_Sales_Visit_Date__c ),
$RecordType.Name = "EUR:Pickfords Business Moving")
I want to add a Validation Rule on an opportunity that ensures a custom field is completed when certain stages are selected.   This is simple enough and works like this

AND ( 
 OR (
ISNULL(  Secured_Date__c  )

So give error message requiring Secured Date to be entered if stage = Pending or Won.

However,  I only want it to validate on a particular record type.   I'm not sure where the record type = statement goes in the formular, below does not work.

AND ( 
 OR (
ISNULL(  Secured_Date__c  ),
RecordTypeId="01250000000DKQnAAO")

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.