• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
See error message I am receiving when attempting to update information changed (I highlighted only 2 cells as a test).

Salesforce: Query ()
Invalid Data Type, Missing Data Type, or other error
Type is Contact Owner
sObject Type Contact Owner is not supported.  If you are attempting to use a custom
object, be sure to append '_c' after the entity name.  Please reference your WSDL
or the describe call for the appropriate names.

All I had done was to extract a canned report and attempt to change a field when I received the above error.  Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong.  It looked so simple in the Excel class at salesforce!!
I went to the setup tab and there is only one Office Edition to be downloaded.  I did so, then downloaded Excel Connector.  When I attempt to launch the xla, I can an error message "Compile error in hidden module: autoexec".  Looking through previous discussions, it was noted that one should look to see if Office Edition 3.0 is installed.  I checked and 2.0 is what downloads and installs from within setup.  Where can I get 3.0?  Also, the xla opens a spreadsheet, it doesn't give me a drop-down menu so I can update data back in to salesforce like I saw in the excel connector class at Dreamforce.

I'm excited to get started and now I'm stalled.  Thanks for your help!
See error message I am receiving when attempting to update information changed (I highlighted only 2 cells as a test).

Salesforce: Query ()
Invalid Data Type, Missing Data Type, or other error
Type is Contact Owner
sObject Type Contact Owner is not supported.  If you are attempting to use a custom
object, be sure to append '_c' after the entity name.  Please reference your WSDL
or the describe call for the appropriate names.

All I had done was to extract a canned report and attempt to change a field when I received the above error.  Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong.  It looked so simple in the Excel class at salesforce!!