• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a package and uploaded it to App Exchange, but I later realized that I should have chosen something else for the name of my namespace.  How do I now edit my namespace?  By clicking on the "Help on this page" link on I read this (on "Setup" -> "Exchange" -> "Shared Apps"):

"This [edit] button does not appear if you have already configured your developer settings"

So, that answers my original question of where the "edit" button went, but now I want to edit my developer settings.  How do I do so?

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
I have created a package in my account and uploaded it to the AppExchange.  I then installed the packaged in another account.  But I noticed that I am not seening the releated list section in the Contact tab, whereas I do in my first account (the one that I created the package from).

Is it possible to add this related field to the package?  If not, how can I have the person that installs my package create the necessary related list section in the Contact tab?

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
I have created a package in my account and uploaded it to the AppExchange.  I then installed the packaged in another account.  But I noticed that I am not seening the releated list section in the Contact tab, whereas I do in my first account (the one that I created the package from).

Is it possible to add this related field to the package?  If not, how can I have the person that installs my package create the necessary related list section in the Contact tab?

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
When I go to "Setup" -> "Exchange" -> "Shared Apps"

It says this at the top of the frame:

Your current developer settings are listed below. These settings determine the types of packages you can create and upload to the AppExchange Directory. To change these settings, click Edit.

But there is no "Edit" button.  What should I do, anyone have any ideas?  Strangely enough, I believe I did have an Edit button the first time I went to this page, because I remember filling in the information (like NameSpace, and was able to install the Licence Manager).

Thanks,

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007

I recently created a package and therefore caused my custom objects to be renamed, it must have done something internally, cause now I cannot query for Custom Fields. (I did download the new wsdl file and I did change all instances of my custom field names in my code).

The query gives me the Ids back just fine, but will not give me the custom fields that I request.  Like the first time I posted this problem (on the General Development board), it works just fine in sForce Explorer.

I have something of this nature:

SELECT Id, namespace__field_name__c FROM namespace_table_name__c

I get no error, but I only get the Ids back, no "namespace__field_name__c".  Any thoughts?  I believe this is a bug, cause I had this same problem last week and it was miraculously fixed by the end of the week.

This is very strange and irritating.

-Chris

• January 23, 2007
When I go to "Setup" -> "Exchange" -> "Shared Apps"

It says this at the top of the frame:

Your current developer settings are listed below. These settings determine the types of packages you can create and upload to the AppExchange Directory. To change these settings, click Edit.

But there is no "Edit" button.  What should I do, anyone have any ideas?  Strangely enough, I believe I did have an Edit button the first time I went to this page, because I remember filling in the information (like NameSpace, and was able to install the Licence Manager).

Thanks,

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
I should preface this with saying that this has been working until today (although I did download and install a new wsdl file).

When I try to query for the Id and a custom text field (call it 'text_field__c') it only gives me the ID and not the actual data I want.  Strangely enough it gives me what I would expect if I do it in SForce Explorer.

So I do this:

SELECT Id, text_field__c FROM custom_object__c

And all I get returned is the Id, with no errors.

But if I do this:

SELECT Id, number_field__c FROM custom_object__c

It works just as I would want it to, getting all the desired information.

I can even combine them like so:

SELECT Id, text_field__c, number_field__c FROM custom_object__c

And I get the same as the previous query (I get Id and number_field__c, but no text_field__c).

What on earth is going on here?  I assume this is a change in the API being that there was a new release recently.
  • January 19, 2007
I should preface this with saying that this has been working until today.

When I try to query for the Id and a custom text field (call it 'text_field__c') it only gives me the ID and not the actual data I want.  Strangely enough it gives me what I would expect if I do it in SForce Explorer.

So I do this:

But if I do this:

And I get the same as the previous statement.

What on earth is going on here?  I assume this is a change in the API being that there was a new release recently.
  • January 18, 2007
This isn't a development question, but I didn't know where else to post this question.  I have created a custom object and linked it to a Contact, so now I see the instances of that object on the Contacts tab.  I would like to change the columns that are displayed on the Contacts page.  Can anyone tell me how to do so or where to go to figure it out.  Thanks.

-Chris
  • January 10, 2007
Is it possible to insert a new instance of "Campaign History" for a Contact or Lead via the SalesForce API?

• January 09, 2007

I recently created a package and therefore caused my custom objects to be renamed, it must have done something internally, cause now I cannot query for Custom Fields. (I did download the new wsdl file and I did change all instances of my custom field names in my code).

The query gives me the Ids back just fine, but will not give me the custom fields that I request.  Like the first time I posted this problem (on the General Development board), it works just fine in sForce Explorer.

I have something of this nature:

SELECT Id, namespace__field_name__c FROM namespace_table_name__c

I get no error, but I only get the Ids back, no "namespace__field_name__c".  Any thoughts?  I believe this is a bug, cause I had this same problem last week and it was miraculously fixed by the end of the week.

This is very strange and irritating.

-Chris

• January 23, 2007
I should preface this with saying that this has been working until today (although I did download and install a new wsdl file).

So I do this:

But if I do this:

And I get the same as the previous query (I get Id and number_field__c, but no text_field__c).

• January 19, 2007
I should preface this with saying that this has been working until today.

So I do this:

But if I do this:

And I get the same as the previous statement.

• January 18, 2007
This isn't a development question, but I didn't know where else to post this question.  I have created a custom object and linked it to a Contact, so now I see the instances of that object on the Contacts tab.  I would like to change the columns that are displayed on the Contacts page.  Can anyone tell me how to do so or where to go to figure it out.  Thanks.

-Chris
  • January 10, 2007