• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm running email2case.bat on our server (linux run by dreamhost).
 When I run email2case.bat, it processes the emails correctly and I see the cases created in salesforce. However the batch process is automatically killed after the java program checked the emails in inbox for some reason...

./email2case.bat: line 2: 19626 Killed                  java -jar -Xmx256M Email2Case.jar sfdcConfig.txt log4j.properties

We are still in test phase, but would eventually like to run this batch as a cron process, so the email from our customers can automatically be created as case in salesforce.

Have anyone encountered the same problem?  Is there any way to keep it running on linux server?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!!

-k

• December 27, 2006
Hi,

I'm running email2case.bat on our server (linux run by dreamhost).
 When I run email2case.bat, it processes the emails correctly and I see the cases created in salesforce. However the batch process is automatically killed after the java program checked the emails in inbox for some reason...

./email2case.bat: line 2: 19626 Killed                  java -jar -Xmx256M Email2Case.jar sfdcConfig.txt log4j.properties

We are still in test phase, but would eventually like to run this batch as a cron process, so the email from our customers can automatically be created as case in salesforce.

Have anyone encountered the same problem?  Is there any way to keep it running on linux server?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!!

-k

• December 27, 2006
We have just set up the Email to Case functionality and things are working, however, the email address of the original email is not getting populated in the case.  Should it be?

For example, if user@mail.com sends an email to our Inbox and that email is dropped into SalesForce as a new case, the email address of the user (user@mail.com) is not getting dropped into the case.  I would assume this is supposed to be dropped into the case.  Is there something we need to set up to make this work?

Thanks.
  • April 19, 2006