• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone figured out how to create a custom formula that will count the number of attachments?  Actually, it needs to be part of a validation rule.  "If Opportunity Stage = 'xxx', then the record must have one attachment."

Is this possible without APEX\VF?

I have a custom object that includes an Account Lookup.  I want to display the email address of the Person Account using a Formula Field on the custom object.  Ultimately, I want to be able create a Workflow Alert, sending an Email to the Person Account when the custom object is updated.  Is this possible?  Workaround?

Thanks

Mark

Beaverton, Oregon

Has anyone run across this:

-          Person Accounts enabled

-          Case Created via API associated with a Person Account, not a Contact record.

-          Contact Email and Phone Number is not populated automatically.

The Case Contact Email and Phone is populated as expected when creating the Case manually, but appears not when creating from API.
I am trying to use the Data Loader to mass update the RecordTypeID on all Tasks to Null.  I have set the 'Insert Null Value' to True, but it is not working.   Is this possible?  Is there a work around?

Mark
According to SFDC Support Task Record Types is not compatible with Connect for Outlook.  Does anyone have any further insite on this?  For example is this limitation documented some place?  Does anyone have a work around?

Thanks

Mark
I am attempting to create an Opportunity Workflow Rule that will fire when anything changes on the Opportunity Record, including Products.  It is currently set for

"Every time a record is created or edited"

When the Opportunity record is updated or any of the related lists are updated, except Products, the WFR fires as expected.  How do we get the WFR to fire when the Products related is updated?

Thanks!
The following Validation Rule is failing, when the Portal User attempts to add Products, Custom Object Records.  Not when adding Activities.
The Rule appears to be working correctly when editing the Opportunity header(as expected), but fails when the child records are added.  How does the parent record change when a child record is added?  Or is there another issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AND(
    ISPICKVAL($UserRole.PortalType , "Partner"),
    ISPICKVAL (PRIORVALUE (StageName), "Draft"),
    NOT(ISNEW()),
    NOT(
       OR(
          ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Approved Pending Sale"),
          ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Lost")
      )
    )
)

Mark
Ever since I installed Connect for Outlook 3.2, now my Outlook 2007 repeatedly asks for the user name and password for all of my e-mail accounts. I have tried everything that I can find on the subject.  Including uninstalling Connect, Creating a new mail profile.  In the last 3 days, four other consultants I now have identified the exact same problem on either their computer or a client's computer.

Is it possible Connect for Outlook has been recently updated that includes a new bug?  Has anyone run into the problem and figured out to fix it.
Below is an example of data in a text field.  We need a way to determine if the text starts and ends with a quotation mark.  I have tried to start a formula field, but that I can not test for quotation marks.  Does anyone know how this can be done.

"J:\\US Mailing Program\\Electronic Signature Image Files\\Barry H. Jaruzelski.jpg"
I am trying to do a first time sync with Outlook 2007 and Outlook Edition 3.1.  It won't create any new SFDC Contact records from my MS Outlook Contact List that I have marked for Sync (I manually added the salesforce.com Category) to each Outlook Contact.  When I attempt to sync I get an error message for each attempted creation, "...No Account_ID...".

I assumed process included first creating a SFDC Account record for each unique Outlook Company_Name and then creating a SFDC Contact record linked to the correct Account record.

Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks!

I am trying to import Attachments exported from another Org into this Org. Shortly after attempting to 'Finish' the import using the DataLoader (v17), I am getting a Java Heap Space error. I have tried rebooting the PC. None of the files are larger than 5MB.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone figured out how to create a custom formula that will count the number of attachments?  Actually, it needs to be part of a validation rule.  "If Opportunity Stage = 'xxx', then the record must have one attachment."

Is this possible without APEX\VF?

JOB DESCRIPTION:

ADC is currently looking for a Salesforce.com Administrator for our Sales Operations group.  Ideal location is Minneapolis, MN, but not required. 

The Salesforce.com Administrator supports Global Sales, Customer Service, Technical Assistance Center, Marketing, and business unit functions within ADC.  This position provides technical strategy and direction to ensure the Salesforce.com application aligns with, and meets business requirements. This individual will provide best practices and recommendations for integration and application development, deployment, and iterative refinement.

Responsibilities will include the following:

·        Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues.

·        Review, develop and execute project plans to address user requirements. 

·        Provide proactive best practice guidance to the global user community and team members to enhance and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.com .

·        Proactively identify and implement application solutions, enhancements, and system integrations that meet business requirements.

·        Drive and increase customer adoption and ensure satisfaction

·        Act as liaison between the Business and IT

Qualifications:

·        BA/BS Degree in a related discipline (or equivalent experience)

·        1 plus years experience with implementation and configuration of salesfore.com required, 2 years plus preferred.

·        Demonstrated professionalism interacting with all levels of user community

·        Analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving expertise

·        Excellent written and verbal communication skills

·        Project management skills: Ability to effectively management and prioritize projects

·        Understanding of database concepts and data management

·        Desired understanding S-controls and APEX coding

·        Experience collaborating with IT and functional units

·        Experience aligning business process requirements with technology

To apply, please visit our careers page at http://www.adc.com/us/en/aboutadc/careers/careeropportunities/searchopenings/ and apply to Requisition # 04348 (Salesforce.com Administrator)

Message Edited by kmka on 07-07-2009 12:58 PM
Message Edited by kmka on 07-08-2009 09:56 AM
Message Edited by kmka on 07-08-2009 09:57 AM
  • July 07, 2009
We are a quickly growing company and we are ready to implement the PRM to bring along some partners. We are looking for consultants to assist us with this, and possibly continue with maintenance agreements as we move forward. Please contact me to discuss your services. Thank You.

• May 08, 2008
Ever since I installed Connect for Outlook 3.2, now my Outlook 2007 repeatedly asks for the user name and password for all of my e-mail accounts. I have tried everything that I can find on the subject.  Including uninstalling Connect, Creating a new mail profile.  In the last 3 days, four other consultants I now have identified the exact same problem on either their computer or a client's computer.

Is it possible Connect for Outlook has been recently updated that includes a new bug?  Has anyone run into the problem and figured out to fix it.
Below is an example of data in a text field.  We need a way to determine if the text starts and ends with a quotation mark.  I have tried to start a formula field, but that I can not test for quotation marks.  Does anyone know how this can be done.

"J:\\US Mailing Program\\Electronic Signature Image Files\\Barry H. Jaruzelski.jpg"