• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Iam trying to calculate the Contract end date in Opportunity. I have the Contract start date (which is equal to the opportunity Close date) and Contract term (in years). Can you help me in deriving the formula to calculate the Contract end date?

eg: Close date = 12/30/2007
Contract term (in years): 1
Hence:
Contract End Date = 12/30/2008

Thanks
Sheeba
  • December 18, 2007
Hi,

Iam trying to calculate the Contract end date in Opportunity. I have the Contract start date (which is equal to the opportunity Close date) and Contract term (in years). Can you help me in deriving the formula to calculate the Contract end date?

eg: Close date = 12/30/2007
Contract term (in years): 1
Hence:
Contract End Date = 12/30/2008

Thanks
Sheeba
  • December 18, 2007
I have tried to add Products to Opportunities via the Excel connector, but the Pricebook and Pricebook Entry IDs are system generated and I can't seem to be able to add. 

The Error I received from Excel Connector was:

Insert Row Failed:
Insertion error

Any thoughts?
For checking of contact duplicates before inserting them is fine ,its works fine as i had written a before insert trigger for the same.

But i need something extra in the before insert trigger ........

1. To display the Account Name of already existing Contact Name in  SFDC (Done--Achieved)

2. A message or alert with yes or no button saying tht 'would u like to proceed with creating of this contact ,though its duplicate exists' and if he clicks yes then the contact shld be created..overriding the before insert trigger written by me ... (Help Needed on this)

Message Edited by Chirag Mehta on 05-07-2007 01:46 AM

Hi,

I am trying to update the RecordType field for Opportunities Object using Apex Data Loader, but I get the following error. "Insufficient Access rights on object id"

I was able to insert the new opportunities using Data Loader, but updating the recordType field fails.

Appreciate your response in this regard,

Thanks,
Ambili

• April 17, 2007
From Karina Kaiser @ salesforce:

Because of the limitations on the formula field, this would require creating three fields: “Days Since Closed”, “Days Since Open” and “Age”. Only the “Age” field would be visible on the page layout the others would have to be hidden. 

Formula Fields with Number data type and zero decimal points. Below are the formula values for the fields. 

1. Days Since Closed  = TODAY() - {!CloseDate}
  2. Days Since Open = NOW() - {!CreatedDate}
  3. Age = IF(ISPICKVAL({!StageName},"Closed Lost"),{!Number_Since_Open__c} -  {!Days_Since_Closed__c},NOW() - {!CreatedDate})
Hopefully this will help you.