• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have been having a terrible time trying to make Salesforce display weighted gross margins (and gross margin dollars) by Account.

We use products and schedules, which appears to completely ruin whatever formulae I try to use to calculate the GM for a quarter, and I can't see any way to fix it.  If I have 2 opportunities for Intel, for example:

Opportunity 1:  3 million, GM = 15%, over two quarters
Opportunity 2:  300k, GM = 25%, over 1 quarter

There is no way I have found for me to tell the system that it should:
1. Calculate GM dollars for quarter 1 of the 3 million dollar opportunity (1.5 million times 15%)
2. Calculate GM dollars for quarter 1 of the 300k opportunity (300k time 25%)
3. Add them together for the total GM dollars for quarter 1
4. Calculate the total GM percentage based on this dollar amount amount and total revenue for Q1

I have also tried calculating to weighted % first, and then deriving the GM dollars from that, but to no avail.

Please, any help would be much appreciated.  I've lost a ton of sleep over this and we might have to stop using SF if I can't find a decent way to fix the problem.
I have been having a terrible time trying to make Salesforce display weighted gross margins (and gross margin dollars) by Account.

We use products and schedules, which appears to completely ruin whatever formulae I try to use to calculate the GM for a quarter, and I can't see any way to fix it.  If I have 2 opportunities for Intel, for example:

Opportunity 1:  3 million, GM = 15%, over two quarters
Opportunity 2:  300k, GM = 25%, over 1 quarter

There is no way I have found for me to tell the system that it should:
1. Calculate GM dollars for quarter 1 of the 3 million dollar opportunity (1.5 million times 15%)
2. Calculate GM dollars for quarter 1 of the 300k opportunity (300k time 25%)
3. Add them together for the total GM dollars for quarter 1
4. Calculate the total GM percentage based on this dollar amount amount and total revenue for Q1

I have also tried calculating to weighted % first, and then deriving the GM dollars from that, but to no avail.

Please, any help would be much appreciated.  I've lost a ton of sleep over this and we might have to stop using SF if I can't find a decent way to fix the problem.
Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006