• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to reset the SFDC session timer from an external web site that's being loaded in a web tab?  We'd like for users who are active within the external site to not have a "end session?" popup every 45 minutes.  The API session isn't an issue, but the web session is.  I've looked on the boards, but couldn't really find an explicit yes or no answer to this question. 
  • July 28, 2008
I just thought I'd share a quick solution we came up with for tracking which sub-campaign (or list source & promotion code, e.g. Google/WP2007) a lead was generated from.  We simply use the Campaign Member status field, listing all possible list sources as a picklist value.  The 50 lines limitation is more than enough for our purposes, and multiple list sources per lead is only about a .01% occurrence.  We keep the default "Sent", and set all the list sources as a "Responded" status.

The biggest advantages to this solution are that we needn't attempt any relationship management of custom objects, no work is necessary to maintain the list source when a lead is converted, as Campaign membership is automatically transferred, and reporting is easily done using this field.

The drawbacks are that you have to create a new list for each campaign, you're limited to 20 characters per entry, and can only have one per lead, but we feel the benefits more than justify this implementation.

Hopefully this will all be moot come Winter '08.

Message Edited by JBall on 09-12-2007 01:35 PM

• September 12, 2007
Has anyone successfully applied a bitmask for dependent picklists in Flex? I'm trying to port the dependent picklists example in the API documentation by tweaking the Bitset class as described below, and modifying the reporting loop to one that will work in Flex.  It's applying the bitmask, but the indexes aren't matching up correctly.

Code:
public class Bitset
{
 private var data:ByteArray;

public function Bitset(data:String)
 {
  this.data = new ByteArray();
  this.data.writeUTFBytes(data);
 }

public function testBit(n:int):Boolean
 {
  return (data[n>>3] & (0x80 >> n % 8)) != 0;
 }

public function size():int
 {
  return data.length * 8;
 }
}//end class Bitset

• August 03, 2007
Is anyone else having problems with Connection.retrieve function in SFDC Flex? If I make an array of fields to retrieve greater than 1 in length (e.g. ['Name', 'Phone'] from Account), I get the following error:

fault from operation: (com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  detail = (null)
  faultcode = "soapenv:Client"
  faultstring = "Element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}ids invalid at this location"

I've tried several variations on the array, with the names in double-quotes, using an ArrayCollection.toArray, an array defined as above as the argument, and an array variable, all with the same results. The retrieve call works just fine for a fields array of length 1, however.

Thanks,
John
  • June 12, 2007
    Has anyone successfully set up SWFObject in sfdc?  I'm attempting to, in order to get around the ActiveX issues with IE, but in the process of solving the IE problem, I broke my firefox display.  Any clues as to how I'm boning up my Flash in FF would be much appreciated.

It'd be great if sfdc adopted and included SWFObject.js as part of their js library.  In the meantime, I've created a Snippet S-Control containing the full text of SWFObject.js, and adapted the FlexSalesforce demo html boilerplate (the part that goes in an HTML S-Control) as follows:

Code:
<body scroll="no" >
{!INCLUDE($SControl.SWFObject)}
<div id="flashcontent">
  This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
   var so = new SWFObject("{!Scontrol.JavaArchive}", "FlexSalesforce", "100%", "700", "9", "#f3f3ec");
   so.addParam("classid", "clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000");
   so.addParam("codebase", "https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab");
   so.addParam("loop", "false");
   so.addParam("type", "application/x-shockwave-flash");
   so.addParam("pluginspage", "http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer");
   so.addParam("play", "true");
   so.addVariable("session_id", "{!API.Session_ID}");
   so.addVariable("server_url", "{!API.Partner_Server_URL_90}");
   so.write("flashcontent");
</script>
</body>

• June 06, 2007
I know the Connection.convertLead method hasn't been tested yet, but I'd really like to use the new Flex for Salesforce on an upcoming convert lead project.  So, I compiled the LeadConvert.as file that's included in the src folder, created an instance of the LeadConvert and called the convertLead function(passing the LeadConvert in an Array), getting the following error:

message = "valid leadId is required"
    statusCode = "INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY"

I know the Lead Id I'm passing in is correct, and that the LeadConvert properties were correctly assigned.  Any suggestions or ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thank you,
John

Message Edited by JBall on 05-11-2007 03:41 PM

• May 11, 2007
Is there a way to reset the SFDC session timer from an external web site that's being loaded in a web tab?  We'd like for users who are active within the external site to not have a "end session?" popup every 45 minutes.  The API session isn't an issue, but the web session is.  I've looked on the boards, but couldn't really find an explicit yes or no answer to this question. 
  • July 28, 2008
Is there a way, from an API standpoint, to determine whether a user has the ability to update/edit a particular instance of an object?  As the documentation describes, you can enable security at the object level but also at the instance level using territory management and/or sharing rules.  We tried using the MayEdit field but discovered later that this is not a standard field found on all Salesforce orgs (some of our older customers do not have this field exposed at all).  I tried reverse engineering the process by querying the respective "Share" table, if it existed, and the Group, UserTerritory tables.  Unfortunately there are some pieces of information I could not retrieve that would aid in my search.  For instance, I couldn't find a way, via API, to determine what sharing model (Private, Public Read/Write, Public Read Only) a customer applied to an object.  Is this information queryable/retrievable  somewhere?  DescribeSObject only gives object level permissions.  Anyways, if anyone has some insight on this topic, I would like to hear from you.

- Ed
Has anyone successfully applied a bitmask for dependent picklists in Flex? I'm trying to port the dependent picklists example in the API documentation by tweaking the Bitset class as described below, and modifying the reporting loop to one that will work in Flex.  It's applying the bitmask, but the indexes aren't matching up correctly.

Code:
public class Bitset
{
 private var data:ByteArray;

public function Bitset(data:String)
 {
  this.data = new ByteArray();
  this.data.writeUTFBytes(data);
 }

public function testBit(n:int):Boolean
 {
  return (data[n>>3] & (0x80 >> n % 8)) != 0;
 }

public function size():int
 {
  return data.length * 8;
 }
}//end class Bitset

• August 03, 2007
Dear Admins,

Any chance there will be a discussion added for flex related threads?  I'm getting into it pretty heavily and reckon many others are as well.

Fellow Developers,

Please chime in with your thoughts.
Hi, I've been trying to use the Flex Toolkit for Apex as a plug-in to eclipse 3.2. I have tried versions R3_5[1] and R3_6 of the toolkit and I cannot get either to compile or run the sample salesforce.mxml. I have followed the quick start steps, but eclipse does not seem to be compiling the output files to the target directory and gives an error that it could not find the the file bin/salesforce.html.

There is one error which appears in eclipse for salesforce.mxml:

"1067: Implicit coercion of a value of type Array to an unrelated type String. FlexTest salesforce.mxml line 175"

which refers to the code line:

apex.retrieve(fields,"Account", ids,
Any thoughts?

Incidentally, I can't get the DayPlanner sample to run either.

Many thanks for any help, Chris
    Has anyone successfully set up SWFObject in sfdc?  I'm attempting to, in order to get around the ActiveX issues with IE, but in the process of solving the IE problem, I broke my firefox display.  Any clues as to how I'm boning up my Flash in FF would be much appreciated.

It'd be great if sfdc adopted and included SWFObject.js as part of their js library.  In the meantime, I've created a Snippet S-Control containing the full text of SWFObject.js, and adapted the FlexSalesforce demo html boilerplate (the part that goes in an HTML S-Control) as follows:

Code:
<body scroll="no" >
{!INCLUDE($SControl.SWFObject)}
<div id="flashcontent">
  This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
   var so = new SWFObject("{!Scontrol.JavaArchive}", "FlexSalesforce", "100%", "700", "9", "#f3f3ec");
   so.addParam("codebase", "https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab");
   so.addParam("loop", "false");
   so.addParam("type", "application/x-shockwave-flash");
   so.addParam("pluginspage", "http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer");
   so.addParam("play", "true");
   so.addVariable("session_id", "{!API.Session_ID}");
   so.addVariable("server_url", "{!API.Partner_Server_URL_90}");
   so.write("flashcontent");
</script>
</body>

• June 06, 2007