• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Stupid question...

I have Scontrols that call pages from an external server. I want to setup the external server to only accept requests from the Scontrols (salesforce.com). Would setting apache on the external server to only accept requests from the salesforce.com domain do the trick for all users?

• September 17, 2007
Pulling my hair out trying to get the systax/code right to have a formula image have a hyperlink.

Can anybody help me with an example? My formula draws 2 thumbnail images from an external server. Here is the code:

IMAGE("http://0.0.0.0/proofs/thumbnails/" &     Job_Number__c       & ".pdf.jpg.0", "") &" " & IMAGE("http://0.0.0.0/proofs/thumbnails/" &     Job_Number__c    & ".pdf.jpg.1", "No Preview Image Available.")

This puts both thumbnails next to each other with a space between them. I want each of these thumbnails to link to high res images on the same server.

My attempts using HYPERLINK with IMAGE are not working out... I searched this forum but came up empty so far.

Thanks for any insight.

Have a great long weekeend!

• August 31, 2007
Using Professional, I am wanting to create a report that shows emails sent via the Activites relatin on a Custom Object. When I do the Activity-Custom Object Report it shows none of te emails that were sent.

What is going on? Do activites not contain the emails that were sent? How can I report on them?

• August 01, 2007
I have a custom object to do this with a picklest the user selects how much time they have spent (.25, .5, 1 hour etc...) on a project. I need to sum this up in reports for costing labor and cant get it to work out. I have a formula field that turns the picklist value into a number field, BUT that field doesnt appear when I run a report.

If I cant use formula fields in reports using a picklist is out the window...

How is this best handled? Is there a time function to get an elapsed time from two date/time fields that can be summed in a report?

I am trying to create e custom URL button that links a custom object to an email. Idealy I want the template automatically selected (not necessary) and the contact name/email auto populated (this is essential...) when the button is clicked.

The email template sends an email with jpg previews of their proof (we do direct mail) as well as links to the PDF proof and all relevant job information.

Is there a mapping reference for the email link fields? I cant figure out the name of the field/how to populate the To field with the link. An example link that shows the To recipient field would help alot.

I appreciate any insight.

Message Edited by ghealy on 07-10-2007 09:35 AM

I think I have bee looking in the wrong place for answers... Let me toss the questions in this forum, Im running Professional Edition.

1.  I need to populate a custom Object with a contact name/address/email, the Account name and Owner and the user name. I figured the way to do this was a Button on the Related List in Contacts, I cant get any data out of contacts into the related object.

What am I doing wrong? Is is possible to pull Account and Contact field data and insert it into Lookup fields on related objects?

Can somebody please direct to some reference material or give me a clue how to make this work with S-Controls? Currently our staff has to redundatly select multiple lookup fields manually, when they should all be able to auto populate when the record is created.

2.  I want to replace a tab view with a custom search page. Is that possible in Professional with an S-Control and if so where do I start?

Thanks for any insight, I have been beating my head against a wall with these 2 issues.

I thought I had this figured out...worked great on other objects. I am trying to create a URL that pulls basic info from Accounts and creates a new record in the related object. No matter what I do I cant get any data other than the Account lkID and name to come into the new record. Here is my last attempt:

https://na3.salesforce.com/a0F/e?CF00N50000001LKWX={!Account.Name}&CF00N50000001LKWX_lkid={!Account.Id}&00N50000001LA6Z={!Account.OwnerFullName}

00N50000001LA6Z - this field is a Sales Rep lookup field on the related object. I just want the Account Owner to populate this field.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a custom object with a master-detail to Accounts. I want to force users to create new records fro mthe accounts detail page. Is there a way I can remove the New button from the cutom objects tab view? OR, better yet, replace the tab view with a relevant search that displays a list and avoids te view with the new button all together.

Im coming up blank searching...I was wondering if anybody has had luck integrating UPS shipping with Salesforce Professional. Thanks for any insight.

Im stuck...again. How can I carry a Contact name (and email add...) being used in a Lookup field on a Custom Object record into the To field in a new email from Activites for the Custom Object?

I have a pick list where I have time values in 1/2 hour increments (ie: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5...).

I need to report totals on this field for reports, I figured i could CASE to convert them into a number field.

Somehow the calculation thinks its 5048 characters long with a max of 5000. Why is it saying the formula is that long...what am I missing?

Assuming I get this formula field to work, can I even do totals in reports based on a number Formula field?

I need to remove/disable the New buttton from certain Objects for certain users. Is this possible in Professional addition? The Custom Object inherits permissions from the Account, so the owner of the account has full priveleges right now. I dont want the Account owners creating new records in this custom object.

Could a script somehow check to see which user has clicked the NEW button and stop the record creation for all but the authorized users?

I cant get hard returns that are in a text area to display using html Scontrol. Here is a picture. Note how the Includes field displays the line returns in the SF formatted detail area, but the returns go bye-bye when the field is called into the html Scontrol.

I posted this in general but havent found a solution yet. Support tells me they cant even comment because its a custom app...

Any ideas?

Also I was wondering how I would go about creating a list view using that style of html format. I want a list of the coupons formated like a coupon when I click a button in a related Object.

Message Edited by ghealy on 06-19-2007 08:01 AM

Im trying to import 5 records to a custom object in Professioanl Add. Everything points to the data being imported correctly but the records dont exist. Upload completed, no errors...the recordsjust arnt there or at least I cant find them with a search for all records.

Any ideas...?
Hi all,
I need to write a  Data validation ,in which the multi-picklist filed  must not be blank ,for certain criteria.But in Salesforce.com  Multi-picklist values are not supported for Data Validation.How can I overcome this?

Thank you
I have a custom object to do this with a picklest the user selects how much time they have spent (.25, .5, 1 hour etc...) on a project. I need to sum this up in reports for costing labor and cant get it to work out. I have a formula field that turns the picklist value into a number field, BUT that field doesnt appear when I run a report.

If I cant use formula fields in reports using a picklist is out the window...

How is this best handled? Is there a time function to get an elapsed time from two date/time fields that can be summed in a report?

I thought I had this figured out...worked great on other objects. I am trying to create a URL that pulls basic info from Accounts and creates a new record in the related object. No matter what I do I cant get any data other than the Account lkID and name to come into the new record. Here is my last attempt:

https://na3.salesforce.com/a0F/e?CF00N50000001LKWX={!Account.Name}&CF00N50000001LKWX_lkid={!Account.Id}&00N50000001LA6Z={!Account.OwnerFullName}

00N50000001LA6Z - this field is a Sales Rep lookup field on the related object. I just want the Account Owner to populate this field.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Everybody.

I have been with some clients intersten on implement Salesforce.com and here they are:

1.- Is it possible to create a PDF file from a custom report?
2.- The size of the attached files could be higher than 5 MB?
3.- Is it posible to extract information from an external Database by adding a custom icon and post that information in the opportunity screen before saving?
4.- Is it possible to create a memo custom filed in the Notes & Attachments related list?

Thank you all for your time to answer this Post

Edgar Cruz
I have a pick list where I have time values in 1/2 hour increments (ie: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5...).

I need to report totals on this field for reports, I figured i could CASE to convert them into a number field.

Somehow the calculation thinks its 5048 characters long with a max of 5000. Why is it saying the formula is that long...what am I missing?

Assuming I get this formula field to work, can I even do totals in reports based on a number Formula field?

Hi,

I have some problem with lookup field:
when I'm in the lookup window I can't see all the records for the selected object, I can only see the records of the object that was recently viewed (It happens even when I'm with administrator rights) . Why is that?

Thanks,
Eyal
I cant get hard returns that are in a text area to display using html Scontrol. Here is a picture. Note how the Includes field displays the line returns in the SF formatted detail area, but the returns go bye-bye when the field is called into the html Scontrol.

I posted this in general but havent found a solution yet. Support tells me they cant even comment because its a custom app...

Any ideas?

Also I was wondering how I would go about creating a list view using that style of html format. I want a list of the coupons formated like a coupon when I click a button in a related Object.

Message Edited by ghealy on 06-19-2007 08:01 AM

Im trying to import 5 records to a custom object in Professioanl Add. Everything points to the data being imported correctly but the records dont exist. Upload completed, no errors...the recordsjust arnt there or at least I cant find them with a search for all records.

Any ideas...?
I did a BUNCH of searching on this. Actually found the exact question in a thread but somehow lost it and couldnt figure out the same search term...

Displaying text area data that includes hard returns via an html Scontrol loses the hard returns. The text displays fine on the SF detail record, but when loaded into html in an Scontrol (on the same detail page) the hard returns disappear and all the lines run together.

Isnt it as simple as replacing the character SF is using to store hard returns in text areas with the html friendly alternatives?

Im stuck and this is holding up one of our new apps... Thanks for any insight.