• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Custom Button with an Execute JavaScript behavior whose content source is execute javascript.
Is there away for me to embed and call an active X control from this?

Or is S-Control the only way?
Hi,
can we use our custom .css file in salsforce.com to customize the look and feal of the page like colour , font etc. Can anyone help me in this regard...
Looking to create some dashboards for Executive Level and Sales Users.

I am a new customer to Salesforce.com and I need some help customizing and developing this platform for my company. We currently have the Professional Edition and we have 4 users. 

Our business is in the financial services and we are in need of the following:

1. Help with building custom objects

2. Linking objects

3. creating relationships

4. Custom lists

Our needs are probably pretty basic right now but as we start using salesforce.com I am sure we will need to add additional fucntionality in the very near future. 

• January 24, 2010

Looking for a developer with experience in building on the Force.com platform to do an Salesforce integration with another SaaS-based application.

Please email whodoyouknowat@gmail.com for more information.

• January 21, 2010

I am going to cut to the chase here since I have recently had 2 Salesforce consultants not work out.

I am looking for an independent consultant only - no big companies with layers of project managers and multiple engineers.  You must have clear communication and fast response time to phone calls & e-mails.  I am a small operation.  I can't afford $80/hour, but I don't expect a quality knowledgeable consultant to work for $20/hour either.  I am a reasonable business owner who wants reasonable work done at a reasonable rate.  I don't expect that you know how to do every single thing I ask off the top of your head, but I expect that you will be able to figure things out and have some ideas / suggestions to improve the way I use Salesforce today. 

I am a Cisco Network engineer for my other business and I am fully aware that the big companies more than double the rate that the engineer actually gets paid.  I don't mind if you have a 40/hour week contract and want to do this work on nights / weekends as long as you are 100% committed to doing it.  I'm a month behind schedule and am leaving for an overseas trip (for my Cisco business) in 2.5 weeks.  I need the work completed before I leave.  Please don't respond if you're not available immediately.

I own a recording studio in Detroit.  I already have the Salesforce basics configured.

I need several customizations done including the following:

1) Integrate Salesforce web to lead form on MySpace page and have e-mail campaigns to MySpace users utilizing Salesforce.  E-mail campagins with MySpace?

2) I have a one user Salesforce Professional account.  Be able to integrate Salesforce with my gmail account such that I can sync the contacts on my phone (not the Salesforce contacts, but the actual blackberry phone contacts).  Sync the calendar on the phone directly, too.  I want to avoid using Outlook. I am currently sync'ing Salesforce to Outlook to Blackberry Desktop Manager to my Blackberry.  It's an administrative burden that I am hoping to eliminate.  :)

3) E-mail campaigns.  Do you have to do this within Salesforce and pay per e-mail?  I've heard that www.aweber.com is a free e-mail sending tool.  Could this or something else be used in conjunction with Salesforce?

4) Map custom fields in lead to custom fields in both account / contact.  Discuss the value of account / contacts to determine if I really need both since all my customers are only 1 or 2 people.

5) Tool to manage Email Campaigns and ties back to contacts and leads.  In conjunction with this, if I have an e-mail campaign where I collect 100's of e-mail addresses from bands' websites, is there a way to quickly import the leads and purge the ones that don't respond automatically after a designated amount of time?

6) Quick create leads directly from gmail. Attach e-mails to leads, contacts, accounts directly from e-mail.

Thank you!

Russ Meuchel

russ@emberrecording.com

586-530-4752

Mavens Consulting is expanding rapidly and is looking to augment its development practice.  Dev 401 and 501 certifications are a plus.

Please email joe [at] mavensconsulting.com for more information.

http://www.mavensconsulting.com 

Message Edited by joe ferraro on 01-28-2010 08:13 AM
Message Edited by joe ferraro on 01-28-2010 08:13 AM

Looking for certified SalesForce admin with ability to design and implement a system able to handle our internal and external needs. Would be a full time position on contract and have an estimated duration of two months. Position would be from Jan. 15 to March 15 or completion.

If interested contact:

Cameron Barnes

cbarnes@northboundllc.com

Direct: (775) 303-7917 

I have a Custom Button with an Execute JavaScript behavior whose content source is execute javascript.
Is there away for me to embed and call an active X control from this?

Or is S-Control the only way?
Wondering if there is an issue with the developer version of the application development framework in loading custom image when creating a new application? I could not manage to provide a custom image after successfully installing the image in the documents tab.
  • April 27, 2008
Hi All,

I am trying to create accounts through Data Loader. The accounts are getting created but the account owner field is getting updated to the user id used for the operation. I am not sure why this error is encountered. I was able to load succesfully without any issues 2 days back. yesterday we did a sandbox refresh. The owner id in production and  sandbox for the users are same.
Can some one help us why this issue is encountered.

Regards,
Udaya
  I'm in the process of deprecating a good number of fields on our lead and account objects (as part of a process we're undergoing here to restructure how we're modeling our data in Salesforce) and am hitting a wall with deleting some of our custom fields.

In several cases, in deleting a field, I was notified that a field was being referenced, and a link would be supplied to where the offending field was in use (typically in a custom link or button).  There's a good dozen however where I'm getting the same error, but this time instead of an actual useful bit of information, I get bupkis.

Instead, I get an error stating that the requested change can't be completed; reason: "This custom field is referenced elsewhere in Salesforce."  Section: "This custom field is referenced elsewhere in Salesforce."  So I've been clicking around anywhere that seems to make sense--I've scoured S-Controls, custom links, workflow rules, lead field mappings--and for the life of me I can't identify where these references exist.  To say this process is frustrating is a colossal understatement.

Anyone have pointers on another approach I might be able to approach to try to figure out where else I need to sever these references?
Is it possible to customize the home page of a standard/custom object with dashboards easily?