• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Since the release last weekend of Winter 10 into our sandboxes our solutions Case assignment rules no longer operate.

The solution uses several case assignment rules to assign and reassign Cases as they move through stages allocating them to different teams for completion.

Our production instance remains unaffected (*until release date 10th Oct no doubt) while UAT (our training instance) and DEV are now no longer operational.

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS ISSUE?

HELP !!!

I have written a trigger to clone Account team members from a Parent account (into a subordinate account)  but cannot insert the team member privledges as I am getting the error "DML not permitted for UserAccountTeamMember object" !!!

What is the reason or approach I should use to do this?

I have 2 requirements of trigger

1. SR date field on Case of record type nutrition consult when it is filled it must be updated to account record with SR date field.
2. There must be a validation of before insert when a new case record is created then if the SR date field on account record is filled then they cannot create a new case record type of nutrition consult with type = initial.

Can anyone help in creating a child to parent update of a date field and also a validation like this  by a trigger.

Since the release last weekend of Winter 10 into our sandboxes our solutions Case assignment rules no longer operate.

The solution uses several case assignment rules to assign and reassign Cases as they move through stages allocating them to different teams for completion.

Our production instance remains unaffected (*until release date 10th Oct no doubt) while UAT (our training instance) and DEV are now no longer operational.

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS ISSUE?

Background:

I downloaded the app Project and Issue Management from the appexchange (http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bL9EAI).

I added the Case lookup field to the Project object.  I then added the Project related list section to the Case page layout.  There is a "New Project" button on the related list.  When you click this, it auto populates the Case number on the Project record.  Similarly, when you add the Project related list to the Contact, you can create a "New Project" from there that auto populates the Contact field on the Project.

Now my question:

Has anyone written a trigger that would update the Contact field with the ContactId from the related Case on Insert?

Normally you could do this with a workflow, but you can't update a lookup field via a workflow field update action.

Message Edited by tstrong on 09-18-2009 03:19 PM
  • September 18, 2009
I'm new to Apex and I've looked at the online references but need help for my first code. What I've got is a lookup field, Master_Account_Name__c on the Account object that looks up a custom object MasterAccount__c. Each object has an external ID field: Master_Account_ID__c on the Account Object and Account_ID__c on the Master Account Object.

What I want to do with a trigger (after insert, after update) is to populate the lookup field, Master_Account_Name__c on the Account Object with the correct id from the Master Account object to create the relationship (where the external ID fields are the same).

This will be used in nightly batch updates after upserts occur to each of the objects with master accounts being upserted first. Any help with this greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by Redtag on 07-13-2008 05:00 AM
HELP !!!

I have written a trigger to clone Account team members from a Parent account (into a subordinate account)  but cannot insert the team member privledges as I am getting the error "DML not permitted for UserAccountTeamMember object" !!!

What is the reason or approach I should use to do this?

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008
Hi,

I have added about 100 custom fields in the standard Account object in sandbox . How can we deploy these 100 fields to Production? I tried from eclipse IDE(force.com IDE) but did not find the Account object XML to deploy. Currently the only way I can think of is to manually create these 100 custom fields in production.

Appreciate all help in this.

Regards,
Ambili
  • May 12, 2008

We need to create a calculated field where (custom_field_A ) - (custom_field_B) = (custom_field_C).  Further, custom_field_A is on a different tab than custom_field_B.  Can anyone out there supply me with some sample code and/or suggestions on how to go about accomplishing this?  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• December 27, 2005