• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I set up a web to lead form. It works fine so far, but I am not getting (the default owner) email notification telling me that a new lead has been added. The Auto response goes out, but no notification to the SF record owner.

Do I need to turn this on or configure it somewhere?

Sorry to post another stupid question...

I see that there is a Time field in Activities, as well as the Date field is a date/time field. But, I cant figure out how to include the Activity time in a report. Can somebody be kind enough to tell me what I am missing/how to do this...

Thanks for any direction.

We are using Professional Edition and migrated a system from Filemaker Pro into SF. Im getting hammered because the Advanced search isnt near as "advanced" as the search screen on the Filemaker System. Im teaching them to use Views, which does the job fine when they get it, but its slow going to that point...

So, is it possible to create custom search pages that use pre-populated picklists? Ideally I would like the Tab View of these objects to display this custom search page as apposed to the misc. records they seem to display now. Can I alter what records are displayed when clicking the tabs or replace the content of that page witha search page or other content?

Im doing research but having slow results, what is the best resource to use for this type of reference. A nice thing about SF is there is so much info, help etc. The bad thing is information overload and I dont know where to look for answers first...

I did a BUNCH of searching on this. Actually found the exact question in a thread but somehow lost it and couldnt figure out the same search term...

Displaying text area data that includes hard returns via an html Scontrol loses the hard returns. The text displays fine on the SF detail record, but when loaded into html in an Scontrol (on the same detail page) the hard returns disappear and all the lines run together.

Isnt it as simple as replacing the character SF is using to store hard returns in text areas with the html friendly alternatives?

Im stuck and this is holding up one of our new apps... Thanks for any insight.

How can I upload and assign an image to a record within my salesforce object?
  • December 11, 2007
I set up a web to lead form. It works fine so far, but I am not getting (the default owner) email notification telling me that a new lead has been added. The Auto response goes out, but no notification to the SF record owner.

Do I need to turn this on or configure it somewhere?

Sorry to post another stupid question...

I see that there is a Time field in Activities, as well as the Date field is a date/time field. But, I cant figure out how to include the Activity time in a report. Can somebody be kind enough to tell me what I am missing/how to do this...

Thanks for any direction.

I have a custom object with a master-detail to Accounts. I want to force users to create new records fro mthe accounts detail page. Is there a way I can remove the New button from the cutom objects tab view? OR, better yet, replace the tab view with a relevant search that displays a list and avoids te view with the new button all together.

Hi,

I have some problem with lookup field:
when I'm in the lookup window I can't see all the records for the selected object, I can only see the records of the object that was recently viewed (It happens even when I'm with administrator rights) . Why is that?

Thanks,
Eyal
I need to remove/disable the New buttton from certain Objects for certain users. Is this possible in Professional addition? The Custom Object inherits permissions from the Account, so the owner of the account has full priveleges right now. I dont want the Account owners creating new records in this custom object.

Could a script somehow check to see which user has clicked the NEW button and stop the record creation for all but the authorized users?

I am tring to force a user to pick a picklist item in a Picklist field called Lost Reasons if the Opportunity Stage is Closed Lost.  I am using the following formula:
AND (  
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"),
     ISNULL(Lost_Reasons )
)

However, I get a syntax error message saying "Error: Field Lost_Reasons__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead."
What would be the proper way to do this?
Also, where is the best place to go to get information on conditional 
error formulas?

• June 17, 2007
Im trying to import 5 records to a custom object in Professioanl Add. Everything points to the data being imported correctly but the records dont exist. Upload completed, no errors...the recordsjust arnt there or at least I cant find them with a search for all records.

Any ideas...?
I did a BUNCH of searching on this. Actually found the exact question in a thread but somehow lost it and couldnt figure out the same search term...

Displaying text area data that includes hard returns via an html Scontrol loses the hard returns. The text displays fine on the SF detail record, but when loaded into html in an Scontrol (on the same detail page) the hard returns disappear and all the lines run together.

Isnt it as simple as replacing the character SF is using to store hard returns in text areas with the html friendly alternatives?

Im stuck and this is holding up one of our new apps... Thanks for any insight.

Hello! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm trying to pass field data from one Custom Object to another in Spring '07. I've created a "Client" custom object and would like to pass field information to a "Service Agreement" custom object, when  creating a new Service Agreement through a related list. For example when I create a new "Service Agreement" from the Client object I want the Client fields "Sales Manager Name" and "Client Address" to auto-populate in the new Service Agreement record.

I've tried the Custom Link but cant get it to work. I don't have that much of a programming background and would greatly greatly appreciate any help or step  by step instructions :smileywink:

Thanks and happy Wednesday!