• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
From Karina Kaiser @ salesforce:

Because of the limitations on the formula field, this would require creating three fields: “Days Since Closed”, “Days Since Open” and “Age”. Only the “Age” field would be visible on the page layout the others would have to be hidden. 

Formula Fields with Number data type and zero decimal points. Below are the formula values for the fields. 

1. Days Since Closed  = TODAY() - {!CloseDate}
  2. Days Since Open = NOW() - {!CreatedDate}
  3. Age = IF(ISPICKVAL({!StageName},"Closed Lost"),{!Number_Since_Open__c} -  {!Days_Since_Closed__c},NOW() - {!CreatedDate})
Hopefully this will help you.

Hi,

I am new in Visualforce. So I don’t know whether my question is valid or not.

Is it is possible to use more than one objects in a custom component?  

My requirement is I would like to create a custom component with more than one objects like this -  

For e.g.  

custom component- myCmp 

<apex:component >

<apex:attribute name="otxt" id="otxt" type="String" description="This is common section template"/>
<apex:outputText value="{!otxt}" />  

<apex:attribute name="itxt" id="itxt" type="String" description="This is common section template"/>
<apex:inputText value="{!itxt}" />

</apex:component> 

VF Page

In first VF page (VFPage_1) I need to display Output text and In second VF page (VFPage_2) I need to display input text from the component.

I tried the following way but it is not working. Both the pages are displaying both the objects.

VFPage_1

<apex:page>

<c:myCmp otxt=“Test Output Text” />

</apex:page>

VFPage_2

<c:myCmp itxt=“” />

Could anybody help me solve this issue.

• March 13, 2009
<apex:page standardController="My_Object__c" > 
  <h1>Testing</h1>
  <br/>
    <apex:pageBlock> 
   <apex:form>
     Name &nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!My_Object__c.Name}" required="true"></apex:inputField>
     <br/>
     DOB <apex:inputField value="{!My_Object__c.Date_of_Birth__c}"></apex:inputField>
       <br/>
     Test Text &nbsp; <apex:inputText value="{!My_Object__c.Note__c}" required="true" ></apex:inputText> 
     <br/>
     <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"></apex:commandButton> 
  </apex:form>
</apex:pageBlock>

The highlighted code is not working. In my visual force page 'Test Text' is not displaying as required and I can save without entering any value.
In object 'Note__c' is required field.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong in this code?
  • November 12, 2008
I want to use salesforce calendar. Currently  there are single user and multi user views. Is there is any way to see events as per User Role basis?
  • November 12, 2008
Hi,

I want to use Active Widget in visual force.
For that I have uploaded AW css, javascript and image files as static resources. In AW CSS file I have replaced image names with resource id. For e.g. image name was tab.png and I replaced it as /resource/1234567890/tab. Then I gave css file reference in visual force page as <apex:stylesheet value="/resource/12222355677/awcss" /> where 'awcss' is my AW CSS file. I have done the coding as follows. And for javascript I have used tag - <script type="text/javascript" src="{!$Resource.awjs}" />. But I didn't get any result. Can anybody help me?

<apex:stylesheet value="/resource/12222355677/awcss" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{!$Resource.awjs}" />

<style>
#tab1 {width=100;}
</style>

<div id="divTest" name="divTest"></div>
<script>
var objTab=new AW.UI.Tab;
objTab.setId("tab1");
document.getElementById("divTest").innerHTML=objTab;
</script>

• October 17, 2008
Hi,
Can anybody tell me that how can I integrate LDAP with sforce?
  • July 18, 2008
Hi,

I have an scontrol page. I want to remove the scontrol and need to embed that scontrol in visualforce. Is it possible? If so then how?
I don't want to use -
         <apex:outputLink value="{!$SControl.HelloWorld}">Open theHelloWorld s-control</apex:outputLink>

and

<apex:scontrol controlName="HelloWorld" />

Is it possible to copy and paste scontrol in visualforce? Please help me.
  • June 27, 2008

Hi,

Can any body tell me that what is the difference between Force.com platform and standard Salesforce.com CRM platform?

I heard that some of the functionalities and standard objects are not there in Force.com. To test this I have created two developer accounts with interest 'Salesforce.com customization' and ‘Force.com platform’. But I didn’t find any difference. All the standard objects in standard Salesforce.com CRM and Force.com are same.

• June 17, 2008
Hi,

I have a report. I need to email that report to the User at a specified frequency. Is there is any way to do it?
Please help me.
  • March 05, 2008
Hi,

When we assign a case we have options to send mail to both Contact and Case Owner(mail will send as per assignment rule).

In closure of a case we have option to send mail to the Contact. But how can I send a mail to Case Owner.
Is there is any way other than s-control and triggers?

If anybody has any idea then please help me. Its very urgent. Please help.
  • February 22, 2008
I have a picklist having values A and B (this field is sforce field. Not an scontrol field.)
While selecting value "A" I need to display a field(will be number or text field).
And while selecting value "B" I need to hide that field.
Any way to do it?

Thanks
  • June 21, 2007
Hi,

I have a date type field namely "Start Date". In New  page Start Date should be editable.
And in Edit Page Start Date should be read only.

We can't able to do it from page layout because for New, Edit and View page layout is same.
I tried to use a scontrol to create Start Date field. But that scontrol(by default) will be called only in View mode not in new and edit mode.

Do I need to override New button for that? Or is there is any other way to do it?
Please help me if anybody has any idea.

Thanks in advance

• June 20, 2007
I have arelated list in Opprotunity. I need to remove its "Action" field. Is it possible. If so then how?

• June 14, 2007
I have created a dojo tree with 3 level. How can I get all the children of first level?
It would be great if anybody can help me.
Thanks in advance.
  • June 12, 2007
Hi,
I have an Prpblem Related to Customize List Button.
I want to add multiple oprtion in One Button(For Mass Update)
Chnage Owner
Change Role
Change Type
Change Status
I want to put all those option in one List button for Mass Update.
How can I do this.Can you plz help me ...

<apex:page standardController="My_Object__c" > 
  <h1>Testing</h1>
  <br/>
    <apex:pageBlock> 
   <apex:form>
     Name &nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!My_Object__c.Name}" required="true"></apex:inputField>
     <br/>
     DOB <apex:inputField value="{!My_Object__c.Date_of_Birth__c}"></apex:inputField>
       <br/>
     Test Text &nbsp; <apex:inputText value="{!My_Object__c.Note__c}" required="true" ></apex:inputText> 
     <br/>
     <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"></apex:commandButton> 
  </apex:form>
</apex:pageBlock>

The highlighted code is not working. In my visual force page 'Test Text' is not displaying as required and I can save without entering any value.
In object 'Note__c' is required field.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong in this code?
  • November 12, 2008
Hi,

I have an scontrol page. I want to remove the scontrol and need to embed that scontrol in visualforce. Is it possible? If so then how?
I don't want to use -
         <apex:outputLink value="{!$SControl.HelloWorld}">Open theHelloWorld s-control</apex:outputLink>

and

<apex:scontrol controlName="HelloWorld" />

Is it possible to copy and paste scontrol in visualforce? Please help me.
  • June 27, 2008

Hi,

Can any body tell me that what is the difference between Force.com platform and standard Salesforce.com CRM platform?

I heard that some of the functionalities and standard objects are not there in Force.com. To test this I have created two developer accounts with interest 'Salesforce.com customization' and ‘Force.com platform’. But I didn’t find any difference. All the standard objects in standard Salesforce.com CRM and Force.com are same.

• June 17, 2008
Hi,

I have a report. I need to email that report to the User at a specified frequency. Is there is any way to do it?
Please help me.
  • March 05, 2008
Hi,

When we assign a case we have options to send mail to both Contact and Case Owner(mail will send as per assignment rule).

In closure of a case we have option to send mail to the Contact. But how can I send a mail to Case Owner.
Is there is any way other than s-control and triggers?

If anybody has any idea then please help me. Its very urgent. Please help.
  • February 22, 2008
I have a picklist having values A and B (this field is sforce field. Not an scontrol field.)
While selecting value "A" I need to display a field(will be number or text field).
And while selecting value "B" I need to hide that field.
Any way to do it?

Thanks
  • June 21, 2007
Hi,

I have a date type field namely "Start Date". In New  page Start Date should be editable.
And in Edit Page Start Date should be read only.

We can't able to do it from page layout because for New, Edit and View page layout is same.
I tried to use a scontrol to create Start Date field. But that scontrol(by default) will be called only in View mode not in new and edit mode.

Do I need to override New button for that? Or is there is any other way to do it?
Please help me if anybody has any idea.

Thanks in advance

• June 20, 2007
I'm having some trouble, I don't know any programming :smileysad: and attempting to teach myself to create some things, which the helpdesk at salesforce says will be simple, but I'm having a rough time.  I'm looking for a tutor for about an hour.  Thanks.  Cheryl :smileywink:
I have arelated list in Opprotunity. I need to remove its "Action" field. Is it possible. If so then how?

• June 14, 2007
From Karina Kaiser @ salesforce:

Because of the limitations on the formula field, this would require creating three fields: “Days Since Closed”, “Days Since Open” and “Age”. Only the “Age” field would be visible on the page layout the others would have to be hidden. 

Formula Fields with Number data type and zero decimal points. Below are the formula values for the fields. 

1. Days Since Closed  = TODAY() - {!CloseDate}
  2. Days Since Open = NOW() - {!CreatedDate}
  3. Age = IF(ISPICKVAL({!StageName},"Closed Lost"),{!Number_Since_Open__c} -  {!Days_Since_Closed__c},NOW() - {!CreatedDate})
Hopefully this will help you.