• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Thought I'd create a master thread for general pro's and con's for people to glance at while considering upgrading. Feel free to post your impressions.
I have consistently been having problems with Outlook Edition and SalesForce. Certain contacts (strangely just our users here at the company) seem to be duplicated on each sync, and all tasks are duplicated in Outlook after each sync.

Something else strange...I keep having the same conflicts. If things are set to synchronize then shouldn't I only have a conflict one time, choose to resolve it, and then it's resolved and never a conflict again? Instead I keep having the same conflict with a contact's phone #.
Hello,

One of our clients is implemeting salesforce.com with public read/write access for accounts & contacts.  They also have deployed Outlook Edition for all users.

Many duplicate contacts (owned by separate users) have been the outcome of the entire org synching their outlook contacts to Salesforce.  Once anyone sees this, they tend to immediately merge these duplicates.   When Outlook is synched again, the contact will either be placed back into Salesforce, or the user will be asked if they want their contact deleted from outlook.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how the synch settings should be set to best handle this situation and prevent so many duplicate contacts?

thanks in advance!

Keith
I have consistently been having problems with Outlook Edition and SalesForce. Certain contacts (strangely just our users here at the company) seem to be duplicated on each sync, and all tasks are duplicated in Outlook after each sync.

Something else strange...I keep having the same conflicts. If things are set to synchronize then shouldn't I only have a conflict one time, choose to resolve it, and then it's resolved and never a conflict again? Instead I keep having the same conflict with a contact's phone #.
How can I auto fill fields based on a lookup field in my custom object edit page?  Basically,  after I select an Account for my custom object, I want the account address and contact info filled into the other fields of my custom object.  How can this be done easily?

All help is greatly appreciated...