• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have been scouring the online forums trying to get the data loader to read from MS SQL and then put some data into Salesforce.  I almost have it working (I can read from SF for example).  However, I am getting a error around creating the data access object on the databaseRead command.  I am looking at all the config files and I think what is missing is the table name.  I have the server, the database, the login and password etc.  and that all works.  But the actual query, using a bean, does not have the table in it.  I have tried to place is a variety of places without success.

Can someone please show me the database-conf.xml parameters that I need, with them explained (most of the docs list "example" without breaking down the components so I have no idea which relates to server vs database vs table).

For example, here is what I have and what I think the pieces are show in <>.  As you can see I am stymied on table name.

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="dbDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
        destroy-method="close">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"/>
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=<databasename>"/>
        <property name="username" value="somename"/>
        <property name="password" value="somepassword"/>
    </bean>
    <bean id="tmpProject" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig" singleton="true">
        <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryprojects"/>
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
    </bean>
    <bean id="queryprojects" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
        <property name="sqlString">
            <value> select Project_Code__c, Name, Project_Number__c from tmpProject
        </value>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

Any help is appreciated.