• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello

I've read various postings on this subject, but this just isn't working for me.  I'm replace the New button on a custom object (being created from another custom object).  It's is automatically linking the two custom objects, but I'm trying to pull the Account link to the child custom object.

When I run the code, the URL is showing the correct IDs that I'm trying to populate, but the variables are not passing any information, and the page goes into an infinate refresh loop.

Here is the code that I'm running:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<script language="JavaScript">
function redirect ()
{
parent.frames.location.replace('/a0P/e?retURL%2F{!SFDC_Acct_Plan__c.Id}&CF00NT0000000rFro_lkid={!SFDC_Acct_Plan__c.Id}');
}
redirect();
</script>

This is setup as an HTML s-control.

Any and all help/insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reid
Hello

I've read various postings on this subject, but this just isn't working for me.  I'm replace the New button on a custom object (being created from another custom object).  It's is automatically linking the two custom objects, but I'm trying to pull the Account link to the child custom object.

When I run the code, the URL is showing the correct IDs that I'm trying to populate, but the variables are not passing any information, and the page goes into an infinate refresh loop.

function redirect ()
{
parent.frames.location.replace('/a0P/e?retURL%2F{!SFDC_Acct_Plan__c.Id}&CF00NT0000000rFro_lkid={!SFDC_Acct_Plan__c.Id}');
}
redirect();
</script>

Thanks
Reid
Hello

function redirect ()
{
}
redirect();
</script>

Thanks
Reid
I'm trying to develop custom code for overloading the New button on a related list. This will populate not just the Contact name (as the standard functionality does), but also populate the Member Status and Group fields from the Contact, automatically.

Code:
<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js"></script>
<script language="Javascript">
function replace()
{
parent.document.location.href="/a00/e?00N40000001RC56={!Contact.Name}&00N40000001RC69={!Contact.Member_Status__c}&00N40000001RC64={!Contact.Group__c}";
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="replace()">
</body>
</html>

Yet every time I click on the button, the first URL it takes me to is the proper one. Then, it reloads the page, loses the values... and then reloads the page again. And continues to just sit there reloading the page. I never actually see the new object dialog show up. Can anyone assist?

• August 03, 2007