• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Curious to know if we can use the dataloader to import a chatter attachment?

1. We 1st import 1000 contacts

2. We then use the salesforce id and upload the associated document to a chatter message.

We do it with regular attachments but need to use Chatter for this use case.

Thanks

I see the examples for Amazon s3 in Salesforce, and see the value of adding storage to Salesforce via Amazon however can someone point me to docs or examples of what the benefits is to linking Salesforce is with ec2 is?  I see they have an AMI for PHP but we don't use PHP.  What connections am I making here that are so special?  The one example I see shows a tab of my instances, that isn't useful in anyway really. 

Any direction would be helpful.

I am trying to write a query to return any open tasks by all members who report under me.

select t.ownerid, t.createdbyid, t.description, 
(SELECT u.id from user u where direct_manager__c.id = 'myidgoeshere')
from task t
where t.isClosed = false

This - SELECT u.id from user u where direct_manager__c.id = 'myidgoeshere'  alone gets me all the id's for this people.  I think need to take that id and query the tasks.

I have been trying a variety syntax changes but can't seem to get it.  Any tips?

Thanks

HI All,

We are using Salesforce as IdP and we enabled also the Single Sign-on settings in Salesforce. Now we want to use Heroku and Play! to access Salesforce and the Play! application is the service provider.

This all works fine when using an internal salesforce user, but we want to use this functionality with a customer portal user but how can we manage that.

I found a doc where it states that we need to add the portal_id and the organization_id to the saml assertion but we only have a saml request and the saml assertion comes from the identity provider i think.

Help would be appreciated.

thx Sven

• March 08, 2012

Hi, I downloaded the test application to integrate Salesfrorce with my iPad http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_Toolkit_for_iOS. I have two ways to login, a custom and another with oAuth. I need to login with a custom look and feel, but the problem is that I have to use the password as well as the security token to authenticate which is not convenient to me. However with oAuth I only use the username and password which is what I needed, but I can´t cusomize the look and feel. I read that it is possible to customice the oAuth login view but I couldn´t find the way.

Can anybody help me with this, please? I needed to login with username and password with customize look and feel without having to use the security token.

Thanks a lot. 

I see the examples for Amazon s3 in Salesforce, and see the value of adding storage to Salesforce via Amazon however can someone point me to docs or examples of what the benefits is to linking Salesforce is with ec2 is?  I see they have an AMI for PHP but we don't use PHP.  What connections am I making here that are so special?  The one example I see shows a tab of my instances, that isn't useful in anyway really. 

Any direction would be helpful.