• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello everyone.

I am a Salesforce Professional user and have some questions about the actual method for deploying VisualForce pages..

mainly..how!?

I've been reading through the development guide for the VisualForce pages and have some basic things to test out, but can only actually see the page when logged into my account.

What I am trying to do, is deploy this page to the customer self service portal.

I've searched the boards and have tried a few things, like trying to create a tab for the portal but don't seem to have the option of creating tabs for VisualForce pages or the customer service portal....

So what is going on with Salesforce Pro?  Am I limited to using these pages from an internal account only?

It would seem that I cannot login to view the wiki page for Email2Case but really need it...can someone please assist? Mods? Is there an alternative site/link to DL it from?

Hello everyone.

I am not quite sure how to attack this and how...

But basically, I am using three custom fields on our accounts pages, for use via the customer support portal, so that if a check box is enabled, two text boxes will be displayed.

Basically I want to be able to go into an account and say, hey does this customer have downloads access to our product? If yes, display the two text boxes containing their username and password, if not don't display them.

What's the best way to go about it?

Further to that, is it possible to script in PHP or some sort of SQL access code so that if its checked/unchecked it can hit a database and change a field value in a table?

I am a Salesforce Professional user, so I'm not sure what all I have access to anymore.

Ok so its not Apex but wasn't sure where else to post this in...

Code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js")}
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.JIRA = "{!Case.JIRA_Case__c}";
c,JIRA = (c.JIRA).replace(' ','');
var mySplit = c.JIRA.split(",");
for(i = 0; i < mySplit.length; i++)
{
window.open('http://sever:8080/browse/'+mySplit[i]);
}

Basically, I have a field in a case that you can enter in JIRA issue #'s into, e.g. SW-001, RMA-001, etc.
Right now, it works such that for multiple entries, you'd enter in SW-001,RMA-001 (no spaces, and seperated only by a comma).
I've been trying to parse it at least one additional way for now, which is to have it such that I can remove white spaces so that I can do SW-001, RMA-001 , but so far I've been unable to do so. 

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong there?
Is there a formula or custom control, something that can be used to quickly parse through all existing cases and change any public comments into internal ones?
I'm a Salesforce Pro user, and though I don't appear to have workflow access, is there any way to use a simple script or existing control, so that when a case is created, if the account name attached to that case is ABC, that user XYZ gets automatically BCC'd in all emails (including when the case is created)? 

Message Edited by Erich.Weihrauch on 05-27-2008 11:55 AM
Good morning everyone.

I'm trying to create a javascript for a button I have for a case, that can take in the contents of a field, and open them up via a new hyperlink window for each entry in that field.

Essentially the field would be comprised of text signifying external JIRA cases, e.g. SW-12, SW-32, etc.
In the field you could enter in multiple cases, and seperate them with a comma. I want the javascript to loop through the field, pull out each case, and open a seperate window or tab in the browser for those cases.

The code I have thus far is:
Code:
c.JIRA = "Case.JIRA_Case__c";
{
window.open('http://server:8080/browse/'.c.JIRA);
}

I'm not the best when it comes to javascripting these days (I'm a bit rusty :) ), though I figured that should work as a simple array to figure out the field and open the hyperlinks.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Message Edited by Erich.Weihrauch on 04-16-2008 12:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible...

I'd like to have a folder created on our server (e.g. the folder location would be somewhere like \\server\cases\{case.number} ), versus having to do it manually each time a case gets created... Thus, if email2case creates a new case, or if I manually create a new case, a folder shows up on our server.

This would make life easier for navigating to case folders containing various attachments and what have you.  Is this even possible?
Hi all!

I'm a Salesforce Professional user, and was curious if there is a way to specfically hide either an entire case section in a layout, e.g. RMA information, or specific fields, making the appearance conditional on a specific case type, e.g. RMA Request?

I've scoured the documentation and the forums here but haven't seen anything that would give me a clear cut yes, or no.

Thanks!
Hello all... while I can't particulary pay for this job...

Looking for someone who might be able to whip up a custom S-control...

The control would need to mimic a button and would need to be available on a case's general details view.

When clicked, it would need to send a presribed email template to a prescribed user.

I want this to be automated to speed the process up.

Thanks!
Would it be possible to use the s-control to create a button that when clicked, automatically sends an email to a prescribed user?  This control would also ideally be placed within a case, and when pressed, it would send the prescribed user the initial case details (e.g. initial case description).  Is this possible? How do I do this? I'm a bit new to scripting with S-Controls and such and the demos here on Salesforce didn't quite do it for me.

Thanks!

Good morning all.
I'm hoping someone will respond to my inquiry this time.

I currently have a custom field for cases called RMA_Requst.
Basically its an autonumber field, used for issuing an RMA #.  The problem is, I only want it to be there, active and incrementing if a case type is selected as being an RMA Request.  I tried doing this through an S-Control and it doesn't work, instead it just shows some values on the case page where I have it on the layout.  I'm using Salesforce Professional if that makes a difference in linking or coding...
How would I enable/disable this thing?
Good afternoon all.
I currently have created a template for use when sending an email from within a case, but I don't see any way of making the template used by default..is there some way to force this template to be the default one when sending an email?

It's a bit of a pain to have to keep selecting it manually each time.
Good afternoon all.
Is the Email 2 Case tool set up such that when a new case is auto created, a notification is sent out to the appropriate person?

I have everything set up correctly, but I do not get a notification that a case has been created.
I also have Salesforce setup so that if anything gets autogenerated, etc Salesforce is supposed to send me an email but I receive nothing.  I know additionally that emails from Salesforce aren't being blocked.

Any suggestions?

Hello everyone.

I am a Salesforce Professional user and have some questions about the actual method for deploying VisualForce pages..

mainly..how!?

I've been reading through the development guide for the VisualForce pages and have some basic things to test out, but can only actually see the page when logged into my account.

What I am trying to do, is deploy this page to the customer self service portal.

I've searched the boards and have tried a few things, like trying to create a tab for the portal but don't seem to have the option of creating tabs for VisualForce pages or the customer service portal....

So what is going on with Salesforce Pro?  Am I limited to using these pages from an internal account only?

Hello everyone.

I am not quite sure how to attack this and how...

But basically, I am using three custom fields on our accounts pages, for use via the customer support portal, so that if a check box is enabled, two text boxes will be displayed.

Basically I want to be able to go into an account and say, hey does this customer have downloads access to our product? If yes, display the two text boxes containing their username and password, if not don't display them.

What's the best way to go about it?

Further to that, is it possible to script in PHP or some sort of SQL access code so that if its checked/unchecked it can hit a database and change a field value in a table?

I am a Salesforce Professional user, so I'm not sure what all I have access to anymore.

Ok so its not Apex but wasn't sure where else to post this in...

Code:
c.JIRA = "{!Case.JIRA_Case__c}";
c,JIRA = (c.JIRA).replace(' ','');
{
window.open('http://sever:8080/browse/'+mySplit[i]);
}

Basically, I have a field in a case that you can enter in JIRA issue #'s into, e.g. SW-001, RMA-001, etc.
Right now, it works such that for multiple entries, you'd enter in SW-001,RMA-001 (no spaces, and seperated only by a comma).
I've been trying to parse it at least one additional way for now, which is to have it such that I can remove white spaces so that I can do SW-001, RMA-001 , but so far I've been unable to do so. 

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong there?
Is there a formula or custom control, something that can be used to quickly parse through all existing cases and change any public comments into internal ones?
Good morning everyone.

I'm trying to create a javascript for a button I have for a case, that can take in the contents of a field, and open them up via a new hyperlink window for each entry in that field.

Essentially the field would be comprised of text signifying external JIRA cases, e.g. SW-12, SW-32, etc.
In the field you could enter in multiple cases, and seperate them with a comma. I want the javascript to loop through the field, pull out each case, and open a seperate window or tab in the browser for those cases.

The code I have thus far is:
Code:
c.JIRA = "Case.JIRA_Case__c";
{
window.open('http://server:8080/browse/'.c.JIRA);
}

I'm not the best when it comes to javascripting these days (I'm a bit rusty :) ), though I figured that should work as a simple array to figure out the field and open the hyperlinks.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Message Edited by Erich.Weihrauch on 04-16-2008 12:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible...

I'd like to have a folder created on our server (e.g. the folder location would be somewhere like \\server\cases\{case.number} ), versus having to do it manually each time a case gets created... Thus, if email2case creates a new case, or if I manually create a new case, a folder shows up on our server.

This would make life easier for navigating to case folders containing various attachments and what have you.  Is this even possible?
Hi all!

I'm a Salesforce Professional user, and was curious if there is a way to specfically hide either an entire case section in a layout, e.g. RMA information, or specific fields, making the appearance conditional on a specific case type, e.g. RMA Request?

I've scoured the documentation and the forums here but haven't seen anything that would give me a clear cut yes, or no.

Thanks!
Hello all... while I can't particulary pay for this job...

Looking for someone who might be able to whip up a custom S-control...

The control would need to mimic a button and would need to be available on a case's general details view.

When clicked, it would need to send a presribed email template to a prescribed user.

I want this to be automated to speed the process up.

Thanks!