• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I want to ask a question. Is there any ways to make force.com sites access using salesforce login? I mean when another user access to that site, the user must login first before entering the force.com site. I don't want to use the customer portal.

Suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible to view a calendar picker in visual force page? Maybe it looks like the default calendar picker in salesforce.com when we want to create new event, when we click a textbox, it would show a calendar. Or are there some possible ways to do what I want?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Edwin

Hi all,

I want to ask a question, is it possible to create apex class from "Generate from WSDL" function in salesforce Enterprise edition? I got an error after click "Generate from WSDL" button =

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

For information my profile is System administrator.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanx

regards,

Edwin

Hi all,

I have a problem in salesforce site.  Is it possible to save a new record into standard or custom object in salesforce site? I always get the message =

------

Authorization Required

You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it. 

------

For informaiton, in visualforce page, it runs without problem.

Suggestions and ideas would be great. Thanx

Edwin

hi everyone,

here I got an issue regarding calling web service in apex class. I generate the web service into apex class and call that apex class from another apex class and the error I got from visualforce :

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: BEA-380000: Internal Server Error faultcode=soapenv:Server faultactor=

If the web service used in .net application, it works fine. is there something I don't know about this. any help and suggestions would be great. thanx

regards,
edwin

Hi all,

I have asked about this problem of mine in this forum but I can't find my post. So I make a new one, hope all of u don't mind.
So as my subject on this post, I have a problem to set outbound message with apex class generated as web service. Is salesforce support this kind of method ? The reason I'm doing this is I want to call a designated web service after create / update a contact record. Trigger method can't support calling external web service as I've tried this.

regards,
edwin
Hi all,

I want to make datatable with the value from array of list. I believe it is List<string>. Can I do that ?
What I want is the datatable can dynamicly change the column value, for instance, column A populated with contact.account.name or column A populated with contact.Name. Meaning column A can have the value of the childnodes from the contact or the name field from contact.
Is it possible to do that ? any suggestion would be great

regards,
edwin
Hi all,

I want to ask about apex class and visual force security.
My company want to deploy apex class to our client, is it possible after deployment, our client cannot see apex class and visualforce page? Meaning the client can't edit, delete or even see the code inside apex class and visualforce page.
Is there any limitations for salesforce security about this matter ? any suggestions would be great and this is very important.

regards,
edwin
Hi everyone,

I don't know if it's possible or not. I know we can create apex class that used as web service and get the wsdl using generate wsdl from salesforce setup. I want to know if the apex class that I created as web service can be call from url ? Is it possible to call from outside salesforce instance ? any suggestions would be great

regards,
edwin
Hi all,

I have a question regarding visualforce. I have a page which shows the contact lists. I use apex:datatable to show those and add checkbox in every row. What I want to do is send email to every contact that is checked. I don't have a clue on how to do this.
Or is there any apex control besides apex:datatable that already show checkbox ? Any suggestions would be great.

thanx,
edwin
Hi all..

I want to ask a question regarding visualforce.. I use an apex class that generated by wsdl.
I'll give you the link to the ABN wsdl I use : http://abr.business.gov.au/abrxmlsearch/ABRXMLSearch.asmx?WSDL

before I parse the wsdl into apex class, I need to modify the wsdl.  elementFormDefault="qualified" -> become elementFormDefault="unqualified", if not, it will get error when using the apex class. Remove wsdl:port name = ABRXMLSearchHttpGet and ABRXMLSearchHttpPost, so there is no multiple wsdl:portname. do the same thing with the wsdl:binding. parse wsdl is a success, but using the apex class, get the error response. Here is one of the error response :

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Server encountered an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file. Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp; msgData, Int32 type) at BEP.Application.ABR.ABRXMLWebServices.XMLSearch.SearchByABN(String searchString, String includeHistory, String authenticationGuid) at BEP.Application.ABR.ABRXMLSearch.ABRXMLSearch.ABRSearchByABN(String searchString, String includeHistoricalDetails, String authenticationGuid) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- faultcode=soap:Server faultactor=

Am I missing something or not correctly modifying the wsdl to apex class ? For information, I can use the wsdl from .net application. Help and suggestion would be great. thanx all

regards,
edwin

Hi again all..

I don't know if visual force can do this. Does visual force can create pdf? Any suggestions would be great.. I don't know how far visual force can go, but is it possible to build pdf ?

thanx,

edwin
Hai All..I get an urgent situation here. I don't know why my post is gone in this discussion board. So I just post again..

Can anyone help me out about visual force. It's about how to call external web service in visual force. I need to call amazon S3 wsdl. Can I view the bucket lists from S3 in visual force? The last time I checked in this discussion board, I need to make a controller that has the S3 function. But how do I need to call the bucket lists?
I'm still confused about this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanx,

edwin
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask about visualforce. Is it possible to call external web service in visualforce? any suggestions would be great.
Just for information, let's say I want to call S3 web service into visualforce.

thanx
Hi everyone,

I need information about this problem. I don't know how to populate createdById in case comment with self service user Id from API. Even I login with self service user, I don't have the rights to create / update any objects. I have searched about this problem in this forum and found few but I still don't get it.
In salesforce explorer, createdById is reference to 'User' & 'SelfServiceUser'. But how to populate it from API ? Is there a way to do it? Any suggestions and helps would be great.

thanx

Message Edited by heiritic on 07-31-2008 01:50 AM
hai everyone

For 1 year using salesforce.com, i begin to question myself why there is combobox datatype in 'event' object in 'subject' field. Is there anyway to create combobox datatype like in 'Event' ? any suggestions and helps will be appreciated..

thanx

hai everyone,

I want to ask about the metadata api.
I have an error like this :

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'testmetadata.meta.LayoutItem[]' to 'testmetadata.meta.LayoutItem'

here is my snippet :
Code:
Dim bindings As New sforce.SforceService
        Dim a As sforce.LoginResult = bindings.login("username", "pass")
        bindings.SessionHeaderValue = New sforce.SessionHeader
        bindings.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = a.sessionId
        bindings.Url = a.serverUrl

Dim binding As New meta.MetadataService '--> this where the error started
        binding.SessionHeaderValue = New meta.SessionHeader
        binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = a.sessionId
        binding.Url = a.metadataServerUrl

I'm confused why I got this error.anyone can help or suggest about this matter?
is there something missing in my code?

thank you
Hi everyone,

I want to ask about this error message from .Net application that I have : "Cannot parent an asset to an unparented contact". What does it mean? the application wants to create or update asset with contactId. Is it possible because that contact doesn't have a parent (account) ? I'm so confused about this problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanx
Hi everyone, I have another question.

Is it possible to set the time or schedule the apex code to run every day? I have a scheme which update one field in object Account for example. But to update that field, I don't need user interaction, but simply schedule the apex code to run every day to update that field. Is it possible to do that? I had tried the workflow, but it still need user interaction. Is it true? any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx
Hai, I post again twice today with different topic.. Here is the scheme :
There is object with external Id, let's say 'AId'. The problem is when calling upsert, if there is AId -> it will update (it's okay), but if there isn't AId value that match, it will not create new record instead it will send email. I know upsert method can't do this alone. My thought is using query + update, but the real problem is there are so many records if I want to query. the records are approximately 100.000 records per day that want to be processed. Are there any other methods that more efficient to solve my problem. Any assists would be appreciated.

regards,
edwin

Hi all,

I want to ask a question. Is there any ways to make force.com sites access using salesforce login? I mean when another user access to that site, the user must login first before entering the force.com site. I don't want to use the customer portal.

Suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible to view a calendar picker in visual force page? Maybe it looks like the default calendar picker in salesforce.com when we want to create new event, when we click a textbox, it would show a calendar. Or are there some possible ways to do what I want?

Thanks.

Edwin

Hi Community,

I'm creating a visualforce page on opportunity object. My Stage values are dependent on Record type in Opportunity. I need to display the Stage picklist on this new visualforce page but it should contain only the valid picklist values for the particular record type of the Opportunity record. How can I achieve this?

I found this article in which the author is making use of two new custom objects to store the dependency information but I don't want to use this since it is going to be very difficult to maintain it. Is there any workaround for this (using the Metadata API or something)?

• April 22, 2009

I am trying to execute the following code for recalling an approval process an ends up getting the following error

execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_OPERATION, Illegal transition type:

Approval.ProcessWorkItemRequest pwr = new Approval.ProcessWorkItemRequest();

List<ProcessInstance> procins = new List<ProcessInstance>([select Id from ProcessInstance where Status = 'Pending' and TargetObjectId = :objectId]);
// Retrieve the process work instance id associated to the process instance
            List<ProcessInstanceWorkitem>  workitem = new List<ProcessInstanceWorkitem>([select Id from ProcessInstanceWorkitem where ProcessInstanceId = :procins[0].id]);

if ((workitem != null) && (workitem.size() > 0))
            {
                pwr.SetComments(statusToUpdate);

pwr.setWorkItemId(workitem[0].id);
                pwr.setAction('Remove');

// Execute process request
                Approval.ProcessResult pr = Approval.process(pwr);

}

hi everyone,

here I got an issue regarding calling web service in apex class. I generate the web service into apex class and call that apex class from another apex class and the error I got from visualforce :

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: BEA-380000: Internal Server Error faultcode=soapenv:Server faultactor=

If the web service used in .net application, it works fine. is there something I don't know about this. any help and suggestions would be great. thanx

regards,
edwin

Hi all,

I want to make datatable with the value from array of list. I believe it is List<string>. Can I do that ?
What I want is the datatable can dynamicly change the column value, for instance, column A populated with contact.account.name or column A populated with contact.Name. Meaning column A can have the value of the childnodes from the contact or the name field from contact.
Is it possible to do that ? any suggestion would be great

regards,
edwin
Hi everyone,

I don't know if it's possible or not. I know we can create apex class that used as web service and get the wsdl using generate wsdl from salesforce setup. I want to know if the apex class that I created as web service can be call from url ? Is it possible to call from outside salesforce instance ? any suggestions would be great

regards,
edwin
Hi all..

I want to ask a question regarding visualforce.. I use an apex class that generated by wsdl.
I'll give you the link to the ABN wsdl I use : http://abr.business.gov.au/abrxmlsearch/ABRXMLSearch.asmx?WSDL

before I parse the wsdl into apex class, I need to modify the wsdl.  elementFormDefault="qualified" -> become elementFormDefault="unqualified", if not, it will get error when using the apex class. Remove wsdl:port name = ABRXMLSearchHttpGet and ABRXMLSearchHttpPost, so there is no multiple wsdl:portname. do the same thing with the wsdl:binding. parse wsdl is a success, but using the apex class, get the error response. Here is one of the error response :

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Server encountered an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file. Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp; msgData, Int32 type) at BEP.Application.ABR.ABRXMLWebServices.XMLSearch.SearchByABN(String searchString, String includeHistory, String authenticationGuid) at BEP.Application.ABR.ABRXMLSearch.ABRXMLSearch.ABRSearchByABN(String searchString, String includeHistoricalDetails, String authenticationGuid) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- faultcode=soap:Server faultactor=

Am I missing something or not correctly modifying the wsdl to apex class ? For information, I can use the wsdl from .net application. Help and suggestion would be great. thanx all

regards,
edwin

Hai All..I get an urgent situation here. I don't know why my post is gone in this discussion board. So I just post again..

Can anyone help me out about visual force. It's about how to call external web service in visual force. I need to call amazon S3 wsdl. Can I view the bucket lists from S3 in visual force? The last time I checked in this discussion board, I need to make a controller that has the S3 function. But how do I need to call the bucket lists?
I'm still confused about this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanx,

edwin
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask about visualforce. Is it possible to call external web service in visualforce? any suggestions would be great.
Just for information, let's say I want to call S3 web service into visualforce.

thanx
Hi everyone, I have another question.

Is it possible to set the time or schedule the apex code to run every day? I have a scheme which update one field in object Account for example. But to update that field, I don't need user interaction, but simply schedule the apex code to run every day to update that field. Is it possible to do that? I had tried the workflow, but it still need user interaction. Is it true? any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx
Hello everyone, I want to ask about something but I don't know if it possible or not. Can I set the session in SFDC from .Net application from API or such? Here is the scheme :
Client wants to set session timeout from sfdc to 30 minutes, but the program runs about 2.5 hours. so the program wants to set the sfdc session to 2.5 hours so the program can run on that time. After finish, the program sets the sfdc session back to 30 minutes.

Can it be done? Any assists would be appreciated.

regard,
 Edwin
I need help about setting link at URLFOR. Can salesforce do that? I want to use that scontrol when I click 'save' at opportunity and point it to another url. The use of URLFOR I know is with retURL :

window.parent.location.href="{! URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.Edit,Opportunity.Id,
[retURL=URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View,Opportunity.Id)],true)}";

I can't override button 'save', so I override button 'edit' at opportunity. If only I can use trigger and set url to location I want. Anyone has idea or suggestion? It would be appreciated.
hi,
Does the salesforce store the login histroy of a user??
For example, when i log in, i need to see what was the last time i logged in. Although a method is provided with the User class getLastLoginDate(). But wen i log in, my last login date changes to the current loggin time. In short, i want to access my previous loggin date/time.
kindly help me in this regrd.
thanks
Omar Altaf
  • February 06, 2006