• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello guys,
I am trying to make a validation rule to validate whether the person select the value in a picklist is 2 characters long. I am thinking of something like

Len(GetStringValueOfPicklist(feild)) = 2.

There is no such function to use. Is there any other options?
Thank you.
  • March 25, 2008
Hi guys,
There is something wrong with my Email-To-Case. The new email is fine, it will populate email body to description. But when we send an email to the customer and got replied back. The task only populate Subject and there is no email body. What went wrong? Thank you.
  • January 11, 2008
Hello guys,
I am planning to use Email-To-Case agent. But how does it works? I know it is able to append a ref number to link email and case. But how does it creates new contacts?

Let's say there is a new customer buying our products from a store. He sends an email to us. How does the email2case agent creates a new Contact (prefer related default account for sharing purpose) and link existing Contact?

Thank you in advance.
  • December 04, 2007
Hello guys,
My cases are comming from web-to-case. So, there is no contact created. I have all the required contact data stored in case custome fields. However, since no contact is created, I can't share the case and I can't email from salesforce (unless manually do additional to). A lot of features get cut-off because the case is not under a contact.

I wish to make a button to create a contact based on the case info, so that I can link it to an default account for sharing rule. Does anyone know how I can do that?

Thank you.
  • November 15, 2007
Hello guys, couldn't post using Graphics Editor somehow. I solved some of the issues, but can't figure out the rest. Here is what I do so far. I have a new Edit button that when I click, it will populate Web Company with some value, so the web feilds will show up, and then, open the edit page. I also copied contact info to web feilds if availible.

Now the problem is this. This only works if there is already a case. It is not a New button. How do I make a new button to show web fields? And is there a better to show web fields? So far I just put a value in one of the web feilds to do that, but it doesn't feel right.

Code Here:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}
var CaseDetails= sforce.connection.query("select Id from Case where Id= '{!Case.Id}'");
var CaseArray = CaseDetails.getArray("records");
var CaseRec =new sforce.SObject("Case");
CaseRec.Id= CaseArray[0].Id
if("{!Case.SuppliedCompany}" == "" || "{!Case.SuppliedCompany}" == null)
  CaseRec.SuppliedCompany= "show"

var ContactDetails= sforce.connection.query("select Id, Name, Email, Phone from Contact where Id = '{!Case.ContactId}'");
if (ContactDetails.size > 0){
  var ContactRec = ContactDetails.getArray("records")[0];
if("{!Case.SuppliedName}" == "" || "{!Case.SuppliedName}" == null)
  if(ContactRec .Name != null)
    CaseRec.SuppliedName= ContactRec .Name;
if("{!Case.SuppliedEmail}" == "" || "{!Case.SuppliedEmail}" == null)
  if(ContactRec .Email != null)
    CaseRec.SuppliedEmail= ContactRec .Email;
if("{!Case.SuppliedPhone}" == "" || "{!Case.SuppliedPhone}" == null)
  if(ContactRec .Phone != null)
    CaseRec.SuppliedPhone= ContactRec .Phone ;

//alert(ContactRec .Id + " , " + ContactRec .Name + " , " + ContactRec .Email+ " , " + ContactRec .Phone);
//alert(CaseRec.Id + " , " + CaseRec.SuppliedName+ " , " + CaseRec.SuppliedEmail+ " , " + CaseRec.SuppliedPhone);
}
if(! sforce.connection.update([CaseRec ])[0].getBoolean("success"))
     alert("Web Field Update Failed!");
//window.location.reload();
window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Case.Edit, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)], true)}"

Message Edited by jchen on 10-05-2007 04:57 PM

• October 05, 2007
Hello guys, I am trying to updated a batch of cases with tracking numbers with common key "Case Number". Is there anyway to do this in excel programatically? Any connection library I can use? Thank you.
  • August 14, 2007
Hello guys,
How do I view the public procedures and how to call them? The project is password protected. And there is not enough documentation to make anything out of it. I am trying to upload my data using Excel macro, how do I do that? Thank you very much.
  • August 09, 2007
I'd like to be able to update the owner field on account records via the Data Loader without affecting the Last Modified and Last Modified By fields.  Is this possible?
hi all,

can user be restricted from exiting edit page without saving?

means if user clicks on any other tab or link or button on page , an error message should appear.

thanks,
mahi
  • December 05, 2007
I need help implementing the web to lead functionality. Does anyone have a sample web to lead form that you have used successfully on a web site. I just need a sample. I will be able to take it from there. I really appreciate it. I am having problems with my web master.
  • December 01, 2007
Hello guys,
How do I view the public procedures and how to call them? The project is password protected. And there is not enough documentation to make anything out of it. I am trying to upload my data using Excel macro, how do I do that? Thank you very much.
  • August 09, 2007