• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our one of the customer is using salesforce professional edition we have web service integration with salesforce.

Is there any way to have integration with salesforce  professional edition.??

Thanks in advance

Hi, We want to add new custom button next to standard button 'new' under opportunity section We do not want to override 'new' button but add new button. In button and links section it only allows to add buttons under details page not next to 'new' button when user clicks opportunity tab. Let me know how to add this button when user clicks opportunity tab one extra button should be displayed next to 'new' button. Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Hi, We want to add new custom button next to standard button 'new' under opportunity section We do not want to override 'new' button but add new button. In button and links section it only allows to add buttons under details page not next to 'new' button when user clicks opportunity tab. Let me know how to add this button when user clicks opportunity tab one extra button should be displayed next to 'new' button. Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Hi We want to insert new users under admin using api. We are not getting success after inserting new user object with essential data. Is it possible to insert new user using api? Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Can we change page layout and buttons dyanmically using apex api For example using api can we hide some buttons like add/edit/delete in opportunity/account/contact tabs? Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
"2007-10-29T10:38:36.000Z" how to convert this into datetime format for c#

amit@varstreet.com
Hi,
how many records can be imported from salesforce into external data in one select statement at one time.
Is there any limit on selecting records for account, contact, opportunity?

Amit Lohogaonkar

Hi,
We want to change font and forecolor of some tabs.
How to do that?

Let us know

Amit  Lohogaonkar
amit@varstreet.com
HOW TO INSERT CUSTOM LINKS IN OPPORTUNITY USING API We want to add our web site link as custom link which will open when user clicks on that link and take him to our site. We could not foind any field as custom link in opportunity. Let me know Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Hi,

We would like to know the standard time required to insert a single opportunity using apex api from c# web application.Is this time in seconds or miliseconds.
Currently from our application it takes 3-4 seconds to insert a single opportunity and get the result back.

Amit Lohogaonkar
Hi,
we want to import new account info from salesforce to our existing web application.
User can enter account info from both web application and salesforce.
How we can import only new accounts and how data duplication can be avoided
as user may enter diffrent account names in salesforce( test company inc) and web application(test company incorporation)
How we can check if record exists in salesforce while importing account info into web application database.
Amit Lohogaonkar
amit@varstreet.com
Hi We want to insert new users under admin using api. We are not getting success after inserting new user object with essential data. Is it possible to insert new user using api? Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
"2007-10-29T10:38:36.000Z" how to convert this into datetime format for c#

amit@varstreet.com
HOW TO INSERT CUSTOM LINKS IN OPPORTUNITY USING API We want to add our web site link as custom link which will open when user clicks on that link and take him to our site. We could not foind any field as custom link in opportunity. Let me know Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Hi,

We would like to know the standard time required to insert a single opportunity using apex api from c# web application.Is this time in seconds or miliseconds.
Currently from our application it takes 3-4 seconds to insert a single opportunity and get the result back.

Amit Lohogaonkar
Hi,
we want to import new account info from salesforce to our existing web application.
User can enter account info from both web application and salesforce.
How we can import only new accounts and how data duplication can be avoided
as user may enter diffrent account names in salesforce( test company inc) and web application(test company incorporation)
How we can check if record exists in salesforce while importing account info into web application database.
Amit Lohogaonkar
amit@varstreet.com
The code sample below (from http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_create.htm ) works, but if I add the line "account.AnnualRevenue = 11000.00;" and view the newly created account in SalesForce, the name and website appear but the AnnualRevenue, which is a double does not. In testing any string parameter I added to account (like phone) appeared on the Account tab while non strings (like number of employees which is an ) did not.  
private void createAccount()
{
   //Create an account object to send to the service
   Account account = new Account();

//Set several properties
   account.Name = "Koka Kola";
   account.Website = "www.kokakola.com";

// Add the account to an array of SObjects
   sObject[] records = new sObject[] {account};

// Invoke the create call, passing in the account properties
   // and saving the results in a SaveResult object
   SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(records);

// Access the new ID
   String newID = saveResults[0].id;
}
  • September 11, 2007
Hi,

We're testing our in-house appexchange version of our app within salesforce.com by configuring a web tab of type url as follows:

In my developer org, when I click my web tab, I get the following error:
INVALID_SESSION_ID:Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

However, when my co-worker tested the same link in his developer org, it works!

Any reason why it would behave inconsistently? thanks!

KS
I am developing a VB .NET solution that administers price books and products (locally and at SalesForce).

I am using PriceBook and PricebookEntry objects fine.

But... I need to make a "collaboration" between the pricebooks and the users.

i.e.

Pricebooks
Gold, Silver, Plate

Users
Peter, Mary, Paul, Lisa

Of course, the admin user has all access to Gold, Silver and Plate pricebooks, because he is the owner.

But I need to "collaborate", i..e, Gold pricebook with Peter and Mary, and Silver pricebook with Mary.

In this way, each user in my SalesForce account has "access" to none, one or many pricebooks.

Asi I can see, I can do all this stuff manually, with the "collaboration" button at each pricebook in SalesForce.

But I need to know if I have access (an object, maybe...) to that relationship using .net objects of SalesForce.

I know that I have objects to manage relationships between Opportunities and Users, using OpportunityShare and OpportunityOwnerSharingRule objects, but I did not found objects like PriceBookShare or something like that.

Yours,

So I'm writing a custom s-control for the winter 07 release and I want to write a dynamicly generated link that can have the results of the link be targeted to an existing custom tab. Is there any way to do this?