• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am working on a cloning script, which is cloning next to the sObject also relatedlist. But there is a strange thing happening…

On my dev account this script get dynamically all the fields of the opportunity object and pulls this in a string,
Queries the values and create a new object with this.
It also clones automaticly the related list: History and Order Tasks.
I thought: "seems logic, cause these are just stored references which are cloned".

Now the strange thing is, when I use the same script on the production environment (enterprise) (with more different fieldnames in opportunity) It clones all the fields but without the relatedlist references for History and Order Tasks.

I'm very curious why it works different in my dev environment. Does anyone has a solution?
Is there a setting somewhere. Or has this something to do with owner rights???

Thanks in advance,
Lee Boonstra

Message Edited by lee.boonstra on 10-04-2007 03:06 PM

I’ve downloaded the Eclipse 8.1.0.2007 (Eclipse 3.2) toolkit for developing Apex at my Salesforce Dev. Account.

Creating classes, triggers, s-controls and validating syntax do work and I can also browse through the API help documentation.

But somehow I can’t auto complete tips for Apex code within my editor, which should need according the Apex wiki…

Then I read on the wiki that I need a WSDL for working with the Apex API.

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Members:Apex_Toolkit_for_Eclipse

Is it correct that when I want to receive auto complete Apex code tips I need the WSDL file?

How can I import this file in my Eclipse? Or is it already in my Toolkit? Then how does the auto complete tips work?

I'm wanting to split my opportunity form into 2 pieces, so I can make a field dependency
for one controlling checkbox to a different form.

So I made a form with one custom checkbox.
And a trigger which invokes before saving the opportunity form, and checks
if the checkbox is checked or not.

What I actually want is opening an S-Control.
But then I noticed that I can't open an s-control through the API? Correct?
Then I was thinking about opening an browser popup, but that does not seem
to work for a trigger? Correct?

Is it possible to open with a trigger a piece of AJAX code?
Or is there an other possible way to open a S-Control by checking
if a custom checkbox is selected or not.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

I ran out of tabs, so I'm developing an SControl to show a link to many applications. I want to add some icons on the left, but when I see others code I find that the source is always s.gif

Can anyone please tell me how to display more than the original image that belongs to the class??
thank you!!

Hi,

I'm very new to Salesforce/ApexDeveloper. Could anyone deliniate the steps involved to display an image in a S-Control?

Thanks!

Arnold
  • November 06, 2007

Hi
I hope someone has done the same thing and can help point out what is wrong with my problem here.
I wanted to change the Lead Home Page Tab to remove the Reports, Tools and Summary portions from the Content area of the Lead Home Tab.
The code from the Lead Home Page is copied using Web Developer View Source and by deleting the parts of the code for the Reports, Tools, Summary and also the left frames for Search, Recent Items, etc and the top frame for the tabs, logos, etc, the resulting Home Page interface looks perfect. However when I click on any of the links for example NEW button in the Content area, the return page includes the left frame and top frame interface within the content portion apart from the New Page.
Could someone help me as to what should I be looking for to amend in the coding? I have tried to look at the various materials available but could not find anything close as to how to solve this issue.
Any pointer will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance
SL
  • November 02, 2007
I have a custom button that when clicked updates a field on a case but unless you refresh the screen, you don't see update on the record.  Is there a way to add a reload funciton to my javascript that will refresh the page for me?  I am new to coding so any help would be greatfully appreciated.

My current code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.Id = "{!Case.Id}";
c.JITB_Notify_Now__c = "1";
window.alert("Case has been transferred to JITB")
var result = sforce.connection.update([c]);

I'm wanting to split my opportunity form into 2 pieces, so I can make a field dependency
for one controlling checkbox to a different form.

So I made a form with one custom checkbox.
And a trigger which invokes before saving the opportunity form, and checks
if the checkbox is checked or not.

What I actually want is opening an S-Control.
But then I noticed that I can't open an s-control through the API? Correct?
Then I was thinking about opening an browser popup, but that does not seem
to work for a trigger? Correct?

Is it possible to open with a trigger a piece of AJAX code?
Or is there an other possible way to open a S-Control by checking
if a custom checkbox is selected or not.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

I have a rather sticky problem with double quotes and opportunity names.

When a person uses a double quote, logic in a custom S-Control does not work because there is string concatenation within some java script.

This happens because the java script contains merge fields where are essentially plugged into the java script before that java script is sent to the client browser.

parent.frames.location.replace(“http://www.somenewsite.com?oppname= “ + escape(“{!Opportunity_Name}”));

If the opportunity name happens to include a double quote this function will not work. Any other invalid character will be replaced by the java script ‘escape’ function. To see why this happens look at the two following examples.

EXAMPLE 1

Opportunity name: Opportunity1

Resulting Java script after merge field applied by SFDC.

parent.frames.location.replace(“http://www.somenewsite.com?oppname= “ + escape(“Opportunity1”));

EXAMPLE 2

Opportunity name: Opportunity “2”

Resulting Java script after merge field applied by SFDC.

parent.frames.location.replace(“http://www.somenewsite.com?oppname= “ + escape(“Opportunity “2””));

As you can see the second example contains invalid java script syntax and will cause an error.

How can I encode the result coming from the SFDC merge field?

Currently I use a validation rule on the opportunity:

OR(CONTAINS( Name , "\""),CONTAINS( Name , "'"))

But I would rather allow double quotes

Any ideas?

Salesforce Web Integration Links doesn't seem to handle special characters when any of the merge fields contain special characters.   This happens for Spanish tilde (~) and Portugues character (Ã!)   The special characters are converted to %C7 but in this conversion, it breaks the rest of the query string values.  I don't believe it is encoding the values correctly because the rest of the querystring following the conversion gets truncated.

These are the 2 examples

CATALUÃA  WIL becomes &cas15=TV+CATALU%D1A.  All values after tilde ~ are not recognize on page.

GRAÃ!A    Actual URL querystring comes out to &cas3=PAULA+GRA%C7A.  Any value after the special is will not be passed into the page. So, if the entire URL is this:

https://na1.salesforce.com/500/e?RecordType=0123000000000EF&cas3=PAULA+GRA%C7A&cas5=C3&cas6=PhoneCall

Only RecordType=0123000000000EF&cas3=PAULA+GRA (truncated after special character) is passed.  Anything else is ignored, which includes &cas5=C3&cas6=PhoneCall

Need fix for this as we have lots of special characters in our site

Thank you!

Joyce

• February 19, 2004