• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to construct a formula field by concatenating a persons title (picklist), first name and last name. The first name and last name are OK but when I try and add the title to the formula I get:

Error: Field Claimant_Title__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead.

Here is the formula:

Claimant_Title__c & " " & Claimant_First_Name__c & " " & Claimant_Last_Name__c

So how do I get the current value of the picklist field?
I'm trying to construct a formula field by concatenating a persons title (picklist), first name and last name. The first name and last name are OK but when I try and add the title to the formula I get:

Error: Field Claimant_Title__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead.

Here is the formula:

Claimant_Title__c & " " & Claimant_First_Name__c & " " & Claimant_Last_Name__c

So how do I get the current value of the picklist field?
I have two profiles for our sales users - a "Senior Account Executive" that needs (and has) r/w access to all opportunities.  The users assigned to the other profile, "Account Executive"  need to be able to see all accounts, but should not create opportunities on accounts they do not own.  The only way I can think to prevent this is to put in a validation rule to check account ownership and error on any attempts to create the opp.  Every attempt I have made at this gives me a syntax error.  I know this should be a very basic rule - but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any suggestions?
Hi All

I've created a new custom field inside the opportunity object, this custom field is a picklist.
I'm trying to create the following workflow: when an opportunity is created or edited i want to update the opportunity name with the value that was choosen in this picklist.

I've created a workflow that runs after opportunity is created/changed and created a new workflow action in which i'm trying to update the opportunity name. the problem is that when i'm trying to select this picklist name i'm getting the following error:

Error: Field Generic_Class_Type__c is a picklist field. Use it with an ISPICKVAL() or CASE() function instead.

I don't understand why should i use ISPICKVAL, i only want the opportunity name to be updated with the value that was selected in this picklist (no matter what that value is).

Thanks Alot for your help
Eyal
Hello all... while I can't particulary pay for this job...

Looking for someone who might be able to whip up a custom S-control...

The control would need to mimic a button and would need to be available on a case's general details view.

When clicked, it would need to send a presribed email template to a prescribed user.

I want this to be automated to speed the process up.

Thanks!