• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi all,

i've created a landing page and am working on adding a web form to my cmsforce page and am having a problem.  i want to add campaign member fields, but not all of them are showing up.  seems only custom fields appear, and not default ones like first name, last name, etc.  i'm looking to do something similar to what's shown in this demo (around 37:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhrOs4y1P4&feature=player_embedded#at=1870

am i doing something wrong?  does something need to be set to allow cmsforce access to default fields?  any help would be greatly appriciated.  thanks!

We're working on setting up google ad wpords with salesforce, and have a landing page with a web-to-lead form.  only problem - the javascript snippet that SF requires pasted before the body tag. we're using dreamweaver cs4's spry form feilds with validation, but the salesforce javascript breaks the validation, allowing the form to be submitted empty.  i tried using a few other forms of js validation and all are bypassed because of the sf adwords js code snippet.

i remove the salesforce js - the form works - add it back in - the form can be submitted empty.  anyone else out there have this problem?  this is killing me....

thanks!

Hi,

Is it possible to send different email templates based on a checkbox or picklist value?  I have 2 custom objects w/ approval proccesses tied to them and want to send different email templates based on checkbox value in one, and picklist selection in another.

Thanks!

is is possible to create "dynamic" forms in salesforce (SF)?  example - we have a host of services that we offer, and would like to create one object in SF to handle all of the service requests.  for example -

• a user could choose a service and a set of fields would appear
  • a user could add more services, making another set of fields appear

Can SF load different fields dyanmically based on a user's seletion in a checkbox or dropdown?

hi,

I want to add some instructional text to the top of my custom object.  what's the easiest way to achieve this?

thanks!

hi,

I setup a few approval processes and my "approver" user is telling me that

• they recieve a task when the record is submitted for approval (this is good)
  • they recieve another task after approving the record (this is bad)

I reviewed my approval processes and didn't see anywhere were a task was set to be created after the user approved.  Am i missing something?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a way to share or copy custom fields created in a custom object with another custom object?

I've created a custom object containing a ton of custom fields, and need to move one of the sections to another custom object, but don't want to have to recreate all of the fields again from scratch.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!!

In a set of 3 fields, using validation rules, how can I make 2 required fields NOT required if there is something entered in the 3rd field?  They are all lookup fields.

THANKS! 

I have a custom object that I only want 2 people to access.  Both users profiles contain many other users. 

Can custom object visibility be set at the user level?  If so, where?

Thanks!

hi,

for some reason validation rules just will not sink in for me.

i'm trying to make a set of 3 fields required based on a certain selection in a picklist.  the 3 fileds are a number, phone and text.  i tried a bunch of different things and nothing works properly.

thanks for your help!

hi there,

does anyone know if there's a way to make a Product lookup field only show a certain Product Family in the popup window when clicked?

i have a Product lookup field in my custom object that shows all products when clicked, but I only want to show a certain family.

Thanks!!

i'm creating a custom object to handle print/promo item requests from salespeople. 

all of our one sheets reside in the documents tab.  I tried to create a custom lookup field that referenced a certain folder in the documents tab so the user could choose the document to be printed, but it seems that "documents" is not an available option when creating the lookup field.

does anyone know another way of accomplishing this?  basically i want the user to be able to choose a document from the documents tab in SF via lookup field.

thanks!

Hi there,

In my custom object, I'm trying to auto-populate a Contact Email field based on the Contact selected in a loopkup field on the same page.

Can anyone please provide an example of how this is accomplished?

Thanks so much!

hi there,

does anyone know what the rule would be for something like this?  i'm struggling with the code:(

• if this checkbox is checked, make these fields required
  • if this checkbox is unchecked, make these same fields NOT required 

or even better -

• if this checkbox is checked, REVEAL these fields and make them required
  • if this checkbox is unchecked, HIDE these same fields and make them NOT required

Thanks so much!!

One of our users is having major problems w/ Outlook Edition.  They are not able to login or add emails via the Outlook plug-in.
The issue seemed to randomly occur a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure if it's an issue w/ SF, the Outlook plug-in, or with the users computer.

The specific error they receive is  -

"Unable to send request to server.  The system cannot find the file specified."

So far, we've tried -

* installing the most recent update for the outlook plug-in
    * uninstalling & reinstalling the outlook plug-in
    * resetting & re-entering the security token
    * checked registry proxy settings as noted in the SF help (link below)

https://na5.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?body=%2F_ui%2Ftraining%2Fhelp%2FCombinedSearchPage&str=%22Unable+to+send+request+to+server.++The+system+cannot+find+the+fi

We've contacted SF basic support, as well as our SF consultant, and no one has found a fix.  SF basic support has "escalated" the issue, but in my experience that means we won't hear back from them:( 

Has anyone here had a similar issue & solution?

Thanks for your time!

• September 18, 2008
Hi,

we've setup a web-to-case form for one of our clients, and need to create a validation rule that will link all submissions to this particular form to our clients account.

our client is a very large company.  we don't need to add all persons submitting as contacts in SF.

my thought is to create a custom field in SF that always submits a certain value to SF when the form is submitted.  then create a validation rule that says something like -

if Custom Field value = X, then make Case Account Name = "CLIENT".

I know there's certainly a way to create a rule like this, but i'm not sure how.

any insight?

thanks!!

Hi,

How can I have different Case page layouts appear in the self-service portal? 

Basically, we're looking to develop a few different Case page layouts w/ custom fields for different clients.  We would want these page layouts to appear for different customers when they login to the self-service portal.

I spoke w/ SF basic support & they said it would reqire some custom html coding, which i'm capable of, but I'm not sure where to start.

Please let me know if you have any insight on how to go about this.

Thanks!!!

hi all,

i've created a landing page and am working on adding a web form to my cmsforce page and am having a problem.  i want to add campaign member fields, but not all of them are showing up.  seems only custom fields appear, and not default ones like first name, last name, etc.  i'm looking to do something similar to what's shown in this demo (around 37:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhrOs4y1P4&feature=player_embedded#at=1870

am i doing something wrong?  does something need to be set to allow cmsforce access to default fields?  any help would be greatly appriciated.  thanks!

Hi all,

Quite a few of you have asked me about the availability of CMSForce 2.

I'm very happy to announce that you can now find it on the AppExchange. On the listing you'll find a short demo video that will get you up to speed on the new features. (central management console, folders to organize your content, in-site editing, friendly urls, ...)

I'll also include a shameless plug here : If you want to see it in action 'live', come to my 'Increase Lead Volume with Compelling Landing Pages' session on wed 8 at DreamForce.

Hope to see you there! In the meantime : if you have questions, just drop them in community boards.

David

We're working on setting up google ad wpords with salesforce, and have a landing page with a web-to-lead form.  only problem - the javascript snippet that SF requires pasted before the body tag. we're using dreamweaver cs4's spry form feilds with validation, but the salesforce javascript breaks the validation, allowing the form to be submitted empty.  i tried using a few other forms of js validation and all are bypassed because of the sf adwords js code snippet.

i remove the salesforce js - the form works - add it back in - the form can be submitted empty.  anyone else out there have this problem?  this is killing me....

thanks!

is is possible to create "dynamic" forms in salesforce (SF)?  example - we have a host of services that we offer, and would like to create one object in SF to handle all of the service requests.  for example -

• a user could choose a service and a set of fields would appear
  • a user could add more services, making another set of fields appear

Can SF load different fields dyanmically based on a user's seletion in a checkbox or dropdown?

hi,

I want to add some instructional text to the top of my custom object.  what's the easiest way to achieve this?

thanks!

hi,

I setup a few approval processes and my "approver" user is telling me that

• they recieve a task when the record is submitted for approval (this is good)
  • they recieve another task after approving the record (this is bad)

I reviewed my approval processes and didn't see anywhere were a task was set to be created after the user approved.  Am i missing something?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a way to share or copy custom fields created in a custom object with another custom object?

I've created a custom object containing a ton of custom fields, and need to move one of the sections to another custom object, but don't want to have to recreate all of the fields again from scratch.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!!

I have a custom object that I only want 2 people to access.  Both users profiles contain many other users. 

Can custom object visibility be set at the user level?  If so, where?

Thanks!

When sending an HTML email from Salesforce, in my case from a Web-to-Lead auto-responder, the uploaded image for the Letterhead displays as a broken image in Entourage (11.4.0) on the Macintosh.

On WinXP/Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 as well as Yahoo! Web Mail and GMail the image downloads correctly (after instructing the mail client to "download images in this message", of course).

Has anybody else seen this behavior and does HTML Email with Logo images work in general in Entourage, i.e., perhaps a more recent version of Entourage fixes this?

Thanks,
Chi-Ming