• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone-

Alright. I am thoroughly confused. I have tried to read all the relevant posts re: installation problems and I am STILL having problems.

Here's the scenario:

I have installed the connector. When I click on any item on the sforce Connector toolbar in Excel, I get the following error:

The macro "C:\DOCUME~1\KMULL~1.TOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK108.tmp\sforce_connect_for_pe_xla'!sfDescribeandQuery' cannot be found.

This leads me to believe that it is not installed properly.

Here's what I have tried, without success:

1. I have confirmed that I have installed the PE version of the Excel connector since I am a PE customer.

2. I uninstalled the Office edition and the Outlook edition and installed the latest (i.e. Office Edition Version = 1.8.0.0, Outlook edition=3.2.

3. I installed the latest Office API tooklit

4. I tried uinstalling the connector as described in other posts.

5. I unzipped the addin to the desktop and installed it via Tools-->Add Ins in Excel. If and when prompted, I had it overwrite the existing version.

Comments/Questions:

1. The fact that the error message mentions the PK108.tmp directory leads me to believe that it is looking in a PKZIP temporary directory. Why?

2. Does a manual exist? Where can I find it?

3. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall everything. I have already done this.

4. What am I missing ?!?!

Hello everyone-

Alright. I am thoroughly confused. I have tried to read all the relevant posts re: installation problems and I am STILL having problems.

Here's the scenario:

I have installed the connector. When I click on any item on the sforce Connector toolbar in Excel, I get the following error:

The macro "C:\DOCUME~1\KMULL~1.TOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK108.tmp\sforce_connect_for_pe_xla'!sfDescribeandQuery' cannot be found.

This leads me to believe that it is not installed properly.

Here's what I have tried, without success:

1. I have confirmed that I have installed the PE version of the Excel connector since I am a PE customer.

2. I uninstalled the Office edition and the Outlook edition and installed the latest (i.e. Office Edition Version = 1.8.0.0, Outlook edition=3.2.

3. I installed the latest Office API tooklit

4. I tried uinstalling the connector as described in other posts.

5. I unzipped the addin to the desktop and installed it via Tools-->Add Ins in Excel. If and when prompted, I had it overwrite the existing version.

Comments/Questions:

1. The fact that the error message mentions the PK108.tmp directory leads me to believe that it is looking in a PKZIP temporary directory. Why?

2. Does a manual exist? Where can I find it?

3. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall everything. I have already done this.

4. What am I missing ?!?!

I have finally installed the SF Connector somewhat successfullly because I have outlook edition 3.2 now...So when I open excel i have access to the sforce connector and drop down.  However when I try and run a query i get a message saying the macro for sforce connect 616pe[1}.zip\sforce connecto for pe.xla'!sfdescribeand query'cannot be found...

Any idea as to what this means and how i can fix it....is there a user manual out there?
  • August 09, 2007
First let me admit that I made the mistake of double clicking Excel Connector .xla add-in file, before going through tools/ add-in process. Not sure if that is what is causing the following issue or not. I am able to get the Excel Connector floating menu up, however when I try to query the Salesforce tables, I get the following error:

The Macro C:Docume~1\CHRIST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK15B.tmp\sforce_connect_for_pe.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found.

It looks like the system is looking for a Temp file that PK Zip created, but I'm not sure how to undo this?

Anyone else run into this?
Thanks

Chris

• March 26, 2007

I opened the "sforce_connect.xla" file.  This is the file that later I saw a not that says "resist the temptation to open this file" in the installation instructions.  Now I am now unable to use the Excel Connector correctly, and I think that opening that file might be the reason for the following problems. . . .

I have tried installing and uninstalling excel connector several times since opening the .xla file by mistake.  Once I get it installed and the sforce connector button showing in excel, then when I select the Query option from it's dropdown, SF gives me the following error message:

" The macro "C:\Documents and Settings\sg0897039\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKAC\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found. "

A similar message appears for all the options I have tried to select, just replacing '!sfDescribeAndQuery' with whichever option I tried to select.  I think OLKAC is my temporary files folder, but even when I finally access OLKAC, I don't see the sforce_connect.xla file in there.

Please help me :)