• 80 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been using Maildrop with Salesforce for the past three months. It's been a great way to use Salesforce from a Mac. I love all the features, and the ease of use. However, that was until yesterday. Yesterday I pulled up Maildrop to add some emails I'd sent out, and when I click the add mail button nothing happens. The button itself looks like something is happening, but then no other windows ever appear. And, when I check the contacts and opportunities, there is also no email added. Only the floating button bar is opening right now. I've tried reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to work. Anyone got any ideas on what I need to do next?
When I attempt to activate a new Workflow Process in Process Builder, I get the following error:

Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact Salesforce Customer Support with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 935311243-181222 (1952119784)

Has anyone else seen this?
I've seen this or similar questons asked before but nobody has ever answered it so I thought I'd try. Surely @stevemo has some idea. :)

I am trying to create a report to average the number of cases that we create per day over a time period for a specific account.

I have a report grouped by day with a grand total but how do I compute an average over that timeframe? Also how would I modify that so it includes days where no cases were received (0 cases)?

Stumped!
We are having issues company-wide with Chatter today. I and many others keep getting logged out of Chatter at random intervals. Has anyone else experienced this today (2/13/2014)? I'm now on with Support as well so we'll see what they say.

I am working on our 2013 Holiday Email and in it, I have a graphic which is hosted in my Documents folder. At the end of the email, I want to have a link that states: Click Here to view as a web page. When I set this up, the link gives me an error that the document no longer exists.

Here is the text of the hyperlink:

If you are unable to view this email, click <a href=“https://na3.salesforce.com/sfc/p/300000006NS9/a/50000000LaXm/yadayadayada=">here</a>.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks,
Joel

Does anyone know if there is any way for someone to have  multiple email signatures in Salesforce? In Settings, there's only room for one. I have tried doing them as a tempate but that doesn't look natural when you use it because there are so many blank lines and the alignment is odd. This user has three separate products that he deals with and so has three unique logos that he wants embedded into his three signatures.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Joel

• September 06, 2013

Here is our current process:

1. Case comes in to Tier 1 queue.

2. Associate takes ownership of the case out of the queue and changes 'Opened by' field to their name.

3. Associate works case and if they cannot resolve it, changes ownership to Tier 2 queue.

4. Tier 2 associate takes ownership of the case and works the case.

5. Once solved, case is assigned back to the 'Opened by' user.

Here's the issue: We have no way to track who is taking cases out of the Tier 2 queue. One option I have is to add a Tier 2 Associate field and require the Tier 2 reps to put their name in as soon as they take ownership of the case from the Tier 2 queue. I could then report on who's taking the cases. The problem is that it requires them to enter their name in the field.

How do other companies handle cases and case escalation within Salesforce? We are using Professional Edition so triggers and workflow are not available to us.

IDEAS????

Would it be possible for us to create a board for those who develop on Professional Edition since there are so many limitations? I think it would help those of us who are to design workarounds and other ideas for development on this version of Salesforce. Thoughts?

Joel Hug

Salesforce Administrator

Excent Corporation

First off, I am using Professional Edition. OK, now that you're done laughing....

Second, I am attempting to create an escalation rule that states the following:

"If the owner of a case is not a queue and the Case Status is set to Open, send email to case owner stating that the case status must be set to something other than 'Open'"

Here is what I have so far for Rule Criteria:

1. Case Status EQUALS 'Open'

2. Case Owner DOES NOT CONTAIN tier,data,MSP,future,internal   (<---- These are the partial names of case queues that we have set up)

For some reason, notification emails are still being sent to the queue when the rule kicks in. It doesn't appear to be evaluating the rule properly.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Joel

Has anyone created an analytic snapshot for cases and case history that they could share with me? I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around the concept.

What I am trying to do is create a snapshot that will give me the total number of cases that were owned at one point or another by a queue.

We have several accounts that have inactive contacts. I cannot delete those contacts because they have cases attached to them. How do you handle removing inactive contacts when they have cases attached to them?

We use Google as our email provider. Is there a way to synchronize Gmail with iCal and Salesforce? I have items on my Google calendar that I would like to put in Salesforce, but I cannot because SF3 requires it's own calendar to sync with Salesforce. 

I don't think the functionality exists in SF3 yet, but thought I would check. Any ideas how I could get this to work?

Thanks!

I have a custom object in which I need to display a static list of names. This list needs to appear on every record in the object. Setting a default value won't work, because I need to display a list of names vertically. Any ideas?

During the sync process, SF3 hangs for some reason and inevitably, I have to kill the process because it would run forever and still show 'Not Responding'. Anyone else experience this issue?

I always thought this was silly. Why on earth would I want to receive an email to notify me that I have (myself) accepted ownership of a queue case? Does anyone know how to turn this off?

I am trying to create a report showing who is taking ownership of queue owned cases (Accepting Queue cases). Case history reports don't work for us as I am trying to determine who the first person is to grab a case from the queue.

Once that is done, I need to group them by rep so we can analyze who is taking the most cases (to ensure an even distribution of cases amongst our Tier 1 reps). 

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Salesforce Support wasn't able to come up with anything.

I have a SOQL query defined to pull all case reasons for open cases for account X. Now I need to get the sum of open cases by reason. Here is my query thus far:

SELECT Reason FROM Case WHERE AccountId = '{pv0}' AND Status != 'Closed' AND Reason != 'null' Order By Reason

How do I get these totals from this query? Clues?

I have a report that shows cases opened by rep by week YTD with a line graph grouped by Rep (Opened By in this case). What I want to add is a trendline of average opened cases by week to overlay on this report. What it is telling me when I attempt this is that I need to remove the grouping in order to allow the plotting of the additional data.

Any ideas how I can do something like this with their crazy reporting tool? Is anyone doing anything similar?

I am attempting to create a view on Cases of cases that I have created who are owned by someone other than myself.

My thought is to check the 'My Cases' radio button, but that won't work since it says 'Filter by Owner'

This view needs to be seen by my entire Customer Care team so it needs to work for each of them. Any ideas?

I have created a custom button called Send Notification which opens a send email window. Here is the code:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!SFDC_Bug__c.CreatedById}&p3_lkid={!SFDC_Bug__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&template_id=00X50000001Sjp9');

The challenge I am having is twofold:

1. When I click the button, on the Send Email screen, there is no From field so I cannot select the same system address we use for cases so responses go directly into the custom tab item. 

2. Once the email is sent, you are not taken back to the previous page, but to the senders Profile page in Salesforce. Why?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

• September 15, 2011

I am attempting to create a custom field (checkbox) that will check the box if the case owner is not equal to the case creator. Here is my formula which is returning an error. I definitely need to learn more about formulas and how they work. How can I make this happen? Maybe I'm going about this all wrong.

Opener__c  <>  OwnerId

Thanks!

We are having issues company-wide with Chatter today. I and many others keep getting logged out of Chatter at random intervals. Has anyone else experienced this today (2/13/2014)? I'm now on with Support as well so we'll see what they say.
When I attempt to activate a new Workflow Process in Process Builder, I get the following error:

Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact Salesforce Customer Support with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 935311243-181222 (1952119784)

Has anyone else seen this?
I've seen this or similar questons asked before but nobody has ever answered it so I thought I'd try. Surely @stevemo has some idea. :)

I am trying to create a report to average the number of cases that we create per day over a time period for a specific account.

I have a report grouped by day with a grand total but how do I compute an average over that timeframe? Also how would I modify that so it includes days where no cases were received (0 cases)?

Stumped!

Here is our current process:

1. Case comes in to Tier 1 queue.

2. Associate takes ownership of the case out of the queue and changes 'Opened by' field to their name.

3. Associate works case and if they cannot resolve it, changes ownership to Tier 2 queue.

4. Tier 2 associate takes ownership of the case and works the case.

5. Once solved, case is assigned back to the 'Opened by' user.

Here's the issue: We have no way to track who is taking cases out of the Tier 2 queue. One option I have is to add a Tier 2 Associate field and require the Tier 2 reps to put their name in as soon as they take ownership of the case from the Tier 2 queue. I could then report on who's taking the cases. The problem is that it requires them to enter their name in the field.

How do other companies handle cases and case escalation within Salesforce? We are using Professional Edition so triggers and workflow are not available to us.

IDEAS????

Would it be possible for us to create a board for those who develop on Professional Edition since there are so many limitations? I think it would help those of us who are to design workarounds and other ideas for development on this version of Salesforce. Thoughts?

Joel Hug

Salesforce Administrator

Excent Corporation

First off, I am using Professional Edition. OK, now that you're done laughing....

Second, I am attempting to create an escalation rule that states the following:

"If the owner of a case is not a queue and the Case Status is set to Open, send email to case owner stating that the case status must be set to something other than 'Open'"

Here is what I have so far for Rule Criteria:

1. Case Status EQUALS 'Open'

2. Case Owner DOES NOT CONTAIN tier,data,MSP,future,internal   (<---- These are the partial names of case queues that we have set up)

For some reason, notification emails are still being sent to the queue when the rule kicks in. It doesn't appear to be evaluating the rule properly.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Joel

Has anyone created an analytic snapshot for cases and case history that they could share with me? I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around the concept.

What I am trying to do is create a snapshot that will give me the total number of cases that were owned at one point or another by a queue.

We have several accounts that have inactive contacts. I cannot delete those contacts because they have cases attached to them. How do you handle removing inactive contacts when they have cases attached to them?

I am trying to create a report showing who is taking ownership of queue owned cases (Accepting Queue cases). Case history reports don't work for us as I am trying to determine who the first person is to grab a case from the queue.

Once that is done, I need to group them by rep so we can analyze who is taking the most cases (to ensure an even distribution of cases amongst our Tier 1 reps). 

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Salesforce Support wasn't able to come up with anything.

Hello,

I'm strugling to create a report to list all cases that were owned by two diferent queues. I tried Case History or Case Lifecycle but can't get what I need. 

Is this even possible? It seems salesforce support can't help me...

Thank you! 

M