• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an s-control that retrieves opportunities, displays them in a listing, and allows for filtering and sorting.  However, I noticed that only 200 opportunities display, even if the filter criteria should pull more than 200 records.  Is there some kind of record limit imposed on SOQL queries?

I am using
sforceClient.init("{!API.Session_ID}","{!API.Partner_Server_URL_100}");
and
var queryResult = sforceClient.Query(SearchString);

queryResult.records.length never comes back as more than 200.

Does anyone have clarification for this?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • November 07, 2007
Is there a way to hide/remove the X-Axis label on a Dashboard Chart?  Thanks so much!
  • November 01, 2007
Hi,

I have built a custom S-Control for the Home Tab, and it is working for the most part.  The problem is that I want to show a listing of Opportunities, with one of the columns being the Account that the Opportunity has.

This query runs fine in my S-Control:
Select Id, Name, Theme__c, Stagename, Sales__c, GP__c From Opportunity

This query runs fine in Apex Explorer 8.0, but it will not run inside my s-control:
Select Id, Name, Account.EPF_Account_ID__c, Theme__c, Stagename, Sales__c, GP__c From Opportunity

I read in a previous post that relational SOQL queries need to use the 8.0 API to get them to work in S-Controls.  If this is my problem, how can I use the 8.0 API in my s-control?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • November 01, 2007
Is there a way to add an S-Control to the Home tab?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 30, 2007
I understand that SOQL is not SQL and that you have to use relationship queries rather than SQL joins.  I have a question regarding this, though.  I have a custom object "Project Fiscal Forecast", which has a Sub-Opportunity lookup field to another custom object - "Sub-Opportunity".  There is no master-child relationship between these two objects because "Sub-Opportunity is already a child of the Salesforce Opportunity object, and an object can only be in one master-child relationship.

So, my question is, can I query the Project Fiscal Forecast object and filter based on a field in the Sub-Opportunity object?  If so, is there some sample syntax for this somewhere?  I would have expected this to be a typical scenerio for a query.  I need to do this to display some data in an s-control.

Thanks!
  • October 30, 2007
I am trying to understand what Salesforce Account Teams are used for as well as how they relate to Users and Roles.  I haven't really been able to find much documentation on this topic.  Is there any comprehensive documentation on this topic?

Thanks so much.

Joanna
  • October 29, 2007
I have a numeric field for Fiscal Year End (so, the data looks like 2007, 2008, 2009, etc).  But, when the data appears on list views, it shows as 2,007, 2,008, 2,009 (with commas).  How can I configure this to not show the commas?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 26, 2007
Hi,

I am trying to create a custom S-Control for the following situation.  I have a custom field called Forecast GP on the Opportunity object.  Opportunities are tied to Accounts via the standard loopup Account field at the Opportunity object level.

I need to show a roll up of Forecast GP on the Account Details page.  Salesforce does not allow a rollup field on the Account object over Opportunity data.  It only allows for rollups with the Relationship Assessments object.

So, my question is, how can I create a custom s-control to roll-up the Forecast GP data of Opportunities?  This would display on the Account Details page.

Is there any example code showing something similar?

Thanks so much,

Joanna
  • October 22, 2007
I have a dashboard set up with 4 charts - 2 on the first row, and 2 on the 2nd row.  But, when I go to the Home tab, I can only see the first row.  So, my bottom 2 charts do not show up.  How can I get them to appear on the Home tab?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 12, 2007
I am trying to create a formula field to calculate the number of days since the Last Status Changed date.  I have a custom field Last_Status_Changed__c, which is a date field.  I need to create a formula field that will calculate the number of days before today that the status was last changed.

I've looked at the Help functionality for formulas, and I found the Today() function.  But, I haven't found a Date Difference type function.  How can I create this formula field?

Thanks!
  • October 11, 2007
We are just starting to configure Salesforce for our organization.  Our organization is set up in teams, with each team headed up by a manager.  My boss wants Salesforce to be able to show a listing of team members when a manager logs into the system.  From there, he wants to be able to either see or drill down to see the activities for each team member.

What is the best way to do this in Salesforce?  Is this normally done based on a list of users?
Thanks so much!
  • October 10, 2007
I have a custom object "Projects", which I imported data into.  The requirements have changed regarding the unique identifier data, so I need to delete the imported records and import new records.  How can I delete all of the data in the custom object?  I don't want to delete the entire "Projects" object because I have defined a lot of custom fields and do not want to lose that work.  I just want to delete all the records in that object.

Thanks so much!
  • October 08, 2007
From the Accounts tab, you click to go to the All Accounts view.  Is there any way to set up a quick search field so that you can type in part of an account name and have the data filter down without creating a separate view?  The same question applies to all of the major tabs (Opportunities, Contacts, etc).  Creating a separate view doesn't work for this because you would need to search for different accounts each time.

I would think that this functionality would be built in to Salesforce, but I haven't been able to find it.  Thanks!

• October 05, 2007
I have been able to use the Apex Data Loader to insert and update Opportunity data into Salesforce.  I set a custom field "Master_Opp_ID__c" as the External ID so that I could have the Salesforce unique identifier the same as the identifier in my company's database.  That worked great. 

The problem came in when I tried to import Subopportunity data (a custom object with a Master/Detail relationship with Opportunities).  I received the error "Required fields are missing: [Opportunity__c]".  Opportunity__c is the Master/Detail custom field on the Subopportunity object.  In the Apex Data Loader, it is of type reference.

My question is how can I import this data while preserving the Master/Detail relationship of the data?  My source database knows the Master_Opp_ID, and I have included that data in my .csv file for the Subopportunity import.  After I got the error, I tried mapping the Master_Opp_ID data to Opportunity__c, but as I expected, it did not work.  I then got the error "Opportunity: id value of incorrect type:".  So, Salesforce must be using its own identifier to for this Master/Detail relationship.  Is there any way that I can specify that they are linked based on the Master_Opp_ID__c field?  After all, it is the External ID field that I have set up for the Opportunity object.

Thanks so much.
  • October 03, 2007
I'm trying to get the Flex sample from the Salesforce Platform Cookbook to work, but I am receiving an error: "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc".  So, the salesforce.mxml will not run.

I followed the instructions in the cookbook:
1. Installed Flex Builder 2
2. Installed the Flex Toolkit
3. Created a new Flex project.  In the Library Path tab, clicked Add SWC, browsed to the as3Salesforce.swc.
4. Via drag and drop, added salesforce.mxml to the new project.  Edited salesforce.mxml, replacing the username and password information.

But, when I do the right-click Run Application step, I get an Errors in Project messagebox.  If I click to continue the launch, it says that the salesforce.html file is not found - the path is in the bin folder of the project.  It's true that salesforce.html is not there.  Perhaps this is because the project did not compile?  On the "Problems" tab in the Flex Development environment, that's where the "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc" error message is.

Any ideas to get this to work?  Perhaps there's something that I missed?  Thanks so much.
  • September 28, 2007
I thought I had a Developer Edition account, but it looks like I have an Enterprise Edition account.  I want to sign up for the free Visualforce Webinar on Oct 16th so that I can find out more about that functionality.  However, when I tried to sign up, it informed me that I needed a Developer Edition account.  It doesn't make sense to me that I cannot sign up for the Webinar with this account but I can post to the newsgroup here and can create S-Controls and do Apex development.

Regardless, it looked like I could sign up for a new free Developer Edition account, so I tried to create a new account (with my yahoo e-mail address rather than my company one, since that one was already the user id for the Enterprise Edition account).  But, I was never e-mailed a password to log in with.  When creating the account, I was never prompted to enter a password.  I received the Welcome to the Apex Developer Netword e-mail, but I have no way to log in.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do to sign up for the Webinar?  I am surprised that this is so difficult.  Thanks.
  • September 28, 2007
Hi,

I'm new to Salesforce, so I was going through the Salesforce Creating On Demand Apps book.  Everything was working fine until I tried to implement the Yahoo Maps custom S-Control in chapter 10.  I copied and pasted the code from the downloaded Candidates Map file, so there are no typos on my part.  Then, I created my custom link (as instructed) and added it to the Position tab's page layout.  The custom link shows up on my Position details page fine.  However, when I click on it, the page simply blanks out.  The map doesn't show up. 

Is there anything else that I needed to do to get this to work?  Do I need to download any other tools or anything not mentioned in the Creating On Demand Apps book?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
  • September 27, 2007
Hi,

I have built a custom S-Control for the Home Tab, and it is working for the most part.  The problem is that I want to show a listing of Opportunities, with one of the columns being the Account that the Opportunity has.

This query runs fine in my S-Control:
Select Id, Name, Theme__c, Stagename, Sales__c, GP__c From Opportunity

This query runs fine in Apex Explorer 8.0, but it will not run inside my s-control:
Select Id, Name, Account.EPF_Account_ID__c, Theme__c, Stagename, Sales__c, GP__c From Opportunity

I read in a previous post that relational SOQL queries need to use the 8.0 API to get them to work in S-Controls.  If this is my problem, how can I use the 8.0 API in my s-control?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • November 01, 2007
Is there a way to add an S-Control to the Home tab?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 30, 2007
I understand that SOQL is not SQL and that you have to use relationship queries rather than SQL joins.  I have a question regarding this, though.  I have a custom object "Project Fiscal Forecast", which has a Sub-Opportunity lookup field to another custom object - "Sub-Opportunity".  There is no master-child relationship between these two objects because "Sub-Opportunity is already a child of the Salesforce Opportunity object, and an object can only be in one master-child relationship.

So, my question is, can I query the Project Fiscal Forecast object and filter based on a field in the Sub-Opportunity object?  If so, is there some sample syntax for this somewhere?  I would have expected this to be a typical scenerio for a query.  I need to do this to display some data in an s-control.

Thanks!
  • October 30, 2007
I have a numeric field for Fiscal Year End (so, the data looks like 2007, 2008, 2009, etc).  But, when the data appears on list views, it shows as 2,007, 2,008, 2,009 (with commas).  How can I configure this to not show the commas?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 26, 2007
Hi,

I am trying to create a custom S-Control for the following situation.  I have a custom field called Forecast GP on the Opportunity object.  Opportunities are tied to Accounts via the standard loopup Account field at the Opportunity object level.

I need to show a roll up of Forecast GP on the Account Details page.  Salesforce does not allow a rollup field on the Account object over Opportunity data.  It only allows for rollups with the Relationship Assessments object.

So, my question is, how can I create a custom s-control to roll-up the Forecast GP data of Opportunities?  This would display on the Account Details page.

Is there any example code showing something similar?

Thanks so much,

Joanna
  • October 22, 2007
I have a dashboard set up with 4 charts - 2 on the first row, and 2 on the 2nd row.  But, when I go to the Home tab, I can only see the first row.  So, my bottom 2 charts do not show up.  How can I get them to appear on the Home tab?

Thanks,

Joanna
  • October 12, 2007
I am trying to create a formula field to calculate the number of days since the Last Status Changed date.  I have a custom field Last_Status_Changed__c, which is a date field.  I need to create a formula field that will calculate the number of days before today that the status was last changed.

I've looked at the Help functionality for formulas, and I found the Today() function.  But, I haven't found a Date Difference type function.  How can I create this formula field?

Thanks!
  • October 11, 2007
We are just starting to configure Salesforce for our organization.  Our organization is set up in teams, with each team headed up by a manager.  My boss wants Salesforce to be able to show a listing of team members when a manager logs into the system.  From there, he wants to be able to either see or drill down to see the activities for each team member.

What is the best way to do this in Salesforce?  Is this normally done based on a list of users?
Thanks so much!
  • October 10, 2007
I have a custom object "Projects", which I imported data into.  The requirements have changed regarding the unique identifier data, so I need to delete the imported records and import new records.  How can I delete all of the data in the custom object?  I don't want to delete the entire "Projects" object because I have defined a lot of custom fields and do not want to lose that work.  I just want to delete all the records in that object.

Thanks so much!
  • October 08, 2007
From the Accounts tab, you click to go to the All Accounts view.  Is there any way to set up a quick search field so that you can type in part of an account name and have the data filter down without creating a separate view?  The same question applies to all of the major tabs (Opportunities, Contacts, etc).  Creating a separate view doesn't work for this because you would need to search for different accounts each time.

I would think that this functionality would be built in to Salesforce, but I haven't been able to find it.  Thanks!

• October 05, 2007
I have been able to use the Apex Data Loader to insert and update Opportunity data into Salesforce.  I set a custom field "Master_Opp_ID__c" as the External ID so that I could have the Salesforce unique identifier the same as the identifier in my company's database.  That worked great. 

The problem came in when I tried to import Subopportunity data (a custom object with a Master/Detail relationship with Opportunities).  I received the error "Required fields are missing: [Opportunity__c]".  Opportunity__c is the Master/Detail custom field on the Subopportunity object.  In the Apex Data Loader, it is of type reference.

My question is how can I import this data while preserving the Master/Detail relationship of the data?  My source database knows the Master_Opp_ID, and I have included that data in my .csv file for the Subopportunity import.  After I got the error, I tried mapping the Master_Opp_ID data to Opportunity__c, but as I expected, it did not work.  I then got the error "Opportunity: id value of incorrect type:".  So, Salesforce must be using its own identifier to for this Master/Detail relationship.  Is there any way that I can specify that they are linked based on the Master_Opp_ID__c field?  After all, it is the External ID field that I have set up for the Opportunity object.

Thanks so much.
  • October 03, 2007
I'm trying to get the Flex sample from the Salesforce Platform Cookbook to work, but I am receiving an error: "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc".  So, the salesforce.mxml will not run.

I followed the instructions in the cookbook:
1. Installed Flex Builder 2
2. Installed the Flex Toolkit
3. Created a new Flex project.  In the Library Path tab, clicked Add SWC, browsed to the as3Salesforce.swc.
4. Via drag and drop, added salesforce.mxml to the new project.  Edited salesforce.mxml, replacing the username and password information.

But, when I do the right-click Run Application step, I get an Errors in Project messagebox.  If I click to continue the launch, it says that the salesforce.html file is not found - the path is in the bin folder of the project.  It's true that salesforce.html is not there.  Perhaps this is because the project did not compile?  On the "Problems" tab in the Flex Development environment, that's where the "unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc" error message is.

Any ideas to get this to work?  Perhaps there's something that I missed?  Thanks so much.
  • September 28, 2007
I thought I had a Developer Edition account, but it looks like I have an Enterprise Edition account.  I want to sign up for the free Visualforce Webinar on Oct 16th so that I can find out more about that functionality.  However, when I tried to sign up, it informed me that I needed a Developer Edition account.  It doesn't make sense to me that I cannot sign up for the Webinar with this account but I can post to the newsgroup here and can create S-Controls and do Apex development.

Regardless, it looked like I could sign up for a new free Developer Edition account, so I tried to create a new account (with my yahoo e-mail address rather than my company one, since that one was already the user id for the Enterprise Edition account).  But, I was never e-mailed a password to log in with.  When creating the account, I was never prompted to enter a password.  I received the Welcome to the Apex Developer Netword e-mail, but I have no way to log in.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do to sign up for the Webinar?  I am surprised that this is so difficult.  Thanks.
  • September 28, 2007
Hi,

I'm new to Salesforce, so I was going through the Salesforce Creating On Demand Apps book.  Everything was working fine until I tried to implement the Yahoo Maps custom S-Control in chapter 10.  I copied and pasted the code from the downloaded Candidates Map file, so there are no typos on my part.  Then, I created my custom link (as instructed) and added it to the Position tab's page layout.  The custom link shows up on my Position details page fine.  However, when I click on it, the page simply blanks out.  The map doesn't show up. 

Is there anything else that I needed to do to get this to work?  Do I need to download any other tools or anything not mentioned in the Creating On Demand Apps book?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
  • September 27, 2007