• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Maybe this isn't possible with a simple formula... 

I have a Contact lookup field on an object. I want to setup a custom link to create a new Task and pass the Name from the Contact field to the Comments field on the Task. 

The problem is that since the Contact is a lookup field, only the ID is passed when the new Task is created and I want the actual text name.  Since I have the ID, is there a way to create a formula that will find the First and Last Names?

Thanks!
I now have a couple plug-in toolbars in Outlook (one for Salesforce and another for WebEx) and I'm a bit **bleep** about the position of my toolbars (odd, I know).  Does anyone know of a way to save the position of the Salesforce Outlook toolbar in the main and email windows?  I'm always stuck moving it once I restart the program or creating new emails and calendar events.
After some investigation, I am getting this error with Outlook Edition 3.2.502. I don't have this error message with the previous OE version (3.2.119). Fortunately I kept the old version so I could reinstall it.

I am posting this if it can help someone ... and also for salesforce to solve the issue with the OE connector

Rgds

Bruno
  • January 02, 2009
Can anyone please help me to customize a field for # of days open for Activities?  I need to know the number of days between Due Date and Created Date.  I already contacted SFDC Customer Support and they could not help me figure out the formula, but told me that for this to work I may need a Custom S Control??

Thank you,

Sari
  • April 16, 2008
I do not want the Salesforce Office Edition Excel toobar to always be displayed in Excel. I have turned it off using the standard Excel command to turn off the display of toolbars, but, when I exit Excel and open it again, I have to turn if off again.

Is there a way to turn it off and have it stay off until I turn it on again?
Two problems occur
1. In "My Contacts" directory, some contacts I can click and sync OK. Others, with similar configuration I cannot. Message is "Record cannot be matched for syn because association is invalid. Keep in mind, the contact is no different from the others accept for name and email address. This occurs with a large number.

2. In our public folder, that contact all of our outside reps, when I try to sync the message received is "The folders ytou are trying to mark are not a folder marked for synchronization". I have tried to sync entire folders. Doesn't work. Does this have anything to do with ownership of the file? I am unable to modify these files.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Hi There,

First of all, I am very proud to admit that I can use the excel connector successfully for 'opportunities' and it works great...Now, however, I am having problems with a Custom Built Object.  It seems the Custom Built object (named "Partnerships") only has a Parternerhip ID and not an Account ID...so the fields I try and grab are" Partnership ID, Partnership Name, Stage and Close Date.   But, I get the following error when I try and update using the connector:
 ---------------------------
Salesforce Excel Add-In
Salesforce: Query()
invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
type is: Partnership
sObject type 'Partnership ' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
OK  

What does it mean to append the '_c' after the entity name. Should that be 'Partnershp Id_c????

Thanks.
  • September 04, 2007