• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to match a pickvalue with Contact First name and  if matches I need to populate that contact's email address into the formula field.

I tried creating a formula text field with IF (ISPICKVAL(Object1.Group, Contact.Fname),Contact.email, "")  but I am getting the result I wanted.

How  can I access the email address from Contact table if Contact Fname or Lname maches with a pick value on another object??

Please help.

Some of  our user profiles need "transfer record" which allows them to change owner on allmost all tabs.
Is there a way to restrict the use of change owner button by user?
I was able to block the permission by ind record but not when users select multiple records and push "change Owner" button.
Please advice.. or share if you have customized script to replace "Change Owner" button. 
I have couple of accounts shared by two owner, one is the primary rec owner and the second is the rec sub owner.  The sub owner may keep changing based on account status.  It would be great if I could have acct sub owner as a Queue also.

How do I create account sub owner similar to Accoun owner standard field?    I  can create a custom lookup on user but I need to make the custom field look like standard owner field.

Thankyou for your help

Message Edited by CRMUser23 on 11-01-2008 05:29 PM
Everytime the record owner changes I need to update the user dept value(Picklist,custom field). Currently I am using work flow to verify the rec owner name and update the field. Is there an eligant way to accomplish this?

I need to have couple views with fixed sort order. I do not want the default sort funtionality on some of the list columns.
Example:  My Account List view should display the list sorted by "Region" &  "Created Date". in assending order. The user will edit each record from the top and update information. Based on lastmodified date the record should be pushed down to the view.

Can this be done?   

Thankyou. 

I need to have attachment funtionality on Webforms.  I believe that SF doesn't have this option except on SSP.
1. Is there a way to allow attachments on webforms thru additional scripting?
2. Is there a way to create email template (apex email services) map with additional case fields to mimic webform, add attachment option at the bottom?
3. Any advice on how to accomplish this requirement?  

Thankyou in advance
How to display  set of fields only when  a condition is met?  Example if Type = incoming call then I want to display certain set of fields.  we do have FD but  the user don't want to see the fields that are not relevent to the Type selection.

We have lot of new emails unread on a cases, rep gets an alert and a task but  a blurb or a grraphic just like the new comment graphic on case detail page will help. Any suggestions on flagging the case with New unread emails?

I have a senerio where customer XYZ has an open case assigned to a rep on our system. XYA sends a new case the next day thru email(no thread ID), initially all email cases wait in a queue.

Is there a way to search the new email contact on open cases and if  there is an open case for this contact assign the new case to the same rep?

I need to populate account's parent account on an opportunity. We want the Oppty Parent account to be a static field(do not want  popup on Account name).
Anybody got script to share?  Thanks in advance.
Is there a way to check if the user is login status on Salesforce before assiging a task?
We have our org business hours based on EST,  I need to set escalation rules based on local time for couple of our support reps (Asia).
Anyone has muti-time zone support setup? if so how did u handle the timezone/escalation alerts? Please advise..

Is there a way to  mass update Field Dependencey?  I have 100+ values under controlling field, I have to include the drop down selection on each one which is very time consuming.

Please share if there is a easy way.Thankyou 
How do I create a popup message upon selecting a field value: ex, when I select country = USA I need a popup with a message.
Is there a way to mass delete tasks created by E2C in EE and PE edition ?
I need a  search button to search for a specific record in an object and open the record in edit mode if found. Can it be done?
Thanks
Is it possible to mass export and import email templates?
The Change owner button/clickon is behaving like "edit" and checking validation rules for status etc.,  I never had an issue with changing the ownership without triggering the validation rules until today.
The inline editing for org is currently off, can't figure out why the "Change" owner behavior changed suddenly.

Any thoughts? Do I need to check something?

I would like to override "Edit" button with a s-control to verify the user before editing profiles. Is it possible?
Removing manage users is not working with other admin permissions, users are adding manage users to their profiles.  
anybody using gmail server for E2C ?
Is there a way to mass delete tasks created by E2C in EE and PE edition ?
I need a  search button to search for a specific record in an object and open the record in edit mode if found. Can it be done?
Thanks
The Change owner button/clickon is behaving like "edit" and checking validation rules for status etc.,  I never had an issue with changing the ownership without triggering the validation rules until today.
The inline editing for org is currently off, can't figure out why the "Change" owner behavior changed suddenly.

Any thoughts? Do I need to check something?

I am trying to get rec count between two dates thru an s-control.

When I use THIS_MONTH it works fine but when added "WHERE IsClosed = True AND CreatedDate > 2007-01-01"   the scrupt doesn't work.

Please help.
I created a custom lookup on Contacts table, I need to see only contacts that belong to "x" contact r\ole when I hit the search/lookup.  Is it possible to filter contacts as per my requirement?
Also I need to lock the Custom Lookup field once the contact is`selected...  Please advice
I added the custom link below to add webform name as a contact, the new contact window opens with Web name as Contact lastname(if webform name is "john smith",  contact link opens "john smith" as lastname),  how do I pass webform name as contact first and last name? 

Hi all,

The webforms come in as cases for us, when the web contact email doesn't match with SF contact the webform contact info stays in Web fields.  I was wondering if  there is a way to auto create the web contact as SF contact as soon as Webform gets created as a case.  Can somebody share s-control?:smileyhappy:

I appreciate your help in advance.

I am trying to create new case with couple of pre-populated fields.  I tried custom link that works only as a detail button on  a Case.

I would like to create a list button that overrides NEW button on Case Home Page.

Could  somebody share s-control that will help me or give me some pointers to accomplish this.

Thankyou very much.