• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to figure out how to have the opportunity created date inserted in an email template (for auto generate) in a text format rather than number format (March 26, 2008 rather than 3/26/08). I can't seem to figure it out.

If you have a solution, please advise. Thanks in advance.
This was written by a CSR with SF.

/006/e?
CF00N70000001m4vz={!Contact.Name}&
CF00N70000001m4vz_lkid={!Contact.Id}&
opp4={!Account.Name}&
opp4_lkid={!Account.Id}&
retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&
conid={!Contact.Id}

We have a 2nd Opportunity box on our contact page that uses this code (above) with the "New" button. We were not able to have the info we needed in order to do a mail merge by using the standard Opportunity button. This allows the contact, under the chosen account, to be attached to the opportunity and therefore merging into a selected document.

Please help me! I tried calling SF and they say they don't support custom work and the CSR that did this should not have done so.
I want to "override" the generate button in mail merge or rather generate the doc a different way. We all try to double click on the needed template every time we do a mail merge.

Is there a way to make this happen? Any ideas are welcome.
I am creating an email to send as a follow up to an opportunity.  I have the opportunity name, date and user info already. I am trying to add the opportunity's contact in the email merge.

I go to the opportunity and select create email and then pick my template. I want the contact to merge into the email. Right now the contact is viewed in the opportunity through contact roles.

Any thoughts??? Please help!

We are just getting started with SF and I'm trying to polish everything up. We've got the basics covered (I think) and each time we train someone on those basics it introduces a new question?

I am trying to make my opportunity name unique. I do not want 2 opportunities to have the same name.

How do I write this?
Hello:

I use a Docket # to identify photo assignments and want to include this in the Opportunity Object.  I would like the Docket # to toggle each time I generate a new Opportunity.  Can I use auto numbers to accomplish this?  I've tried to do so but I'm not getting the result I need.  Very simply the numbers would be as follows:  D08101, D08102 and so on.  No doubt the answer is in front of my face but I'm missing it.  Thanks.
Hello!

I am using a field update to record the previous account owner when an ownership change is made, but I can only get it to return the Owner ID, rather than the name.  Is there a way to get the Owner name instead?  Thanks in advance for your help!

-- Julie
This was written by a CSR with SF.

/006/e?
CF00N70000001m4vz={!Contact.Name}&
CF00N70000001m4vz_lkid={!Contact.Id}&
opp4={!Account.Name}&
opp4_lkid={!Account.Id}&
retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&
conid={!Contact.Id}

We have a 2nd Opportunity box on our contact page that uses this code (above) with the "New" button. We were not able to have the info we needed in order to do a mail merge by using the standard Opportunity button. This allows the contact, under the chosen account, to be attached to the opportunity and therefore merging into a selected document.

Please help me! I tried calling SF and they say they don't support custom work and the CSR that did this should not have done so.
I am trying to finish the formula to display picture (.jpg) if check box is checked.  I am not having much luck with this I tried using IF but I am missing something.

Any ideas, I am able to get the display image piece.

Thanks!
  • December 18, 2007
I am creating an email to send as a follow up to an opportunity.  I have the opportunity name, date and user info already. I am trying to add the opportunity's contact in the email merge.

I go to the opportunity and select create email and then pick my template. I want the contact to merge into the email. Right now the contact is viewed in the opportunity through contact roles.

Any thoughts??? Please help!