• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For the global search for peer-to-peer component, I would like to change the "search" text that shows up to something else...is this possible?  Or, I would like to have no text and a search icon...possible?

Thanks
  • October 26, 2018
In my Community I am trying to override things like .forceCommunityAskCommunity.askCommunityBtn and .forceCommunityRichText h1 but I am having no such luck. I have tried in the builder under theme/edit css and also by linking to a style sheet within the head tag.  What is the best way to add our own styles to these elements?

Thanks
  • October 26, 2018
Currently we are using web2lead and web2case. On web2lead, I would like to be able to check if a record exists and if it does just update it with the campaignid. Can someone point me on how to get started...Apex...Triggers...oh my!
  • September 08, 2008

Situation: User has already been to our website and filled out the web2lead form - so there are in sfdc now. Months later we run a campaign (an ad) and that same user clicks through the ad to our landing page. Typically we have the user fill out a form to access a white paper - but, if that user is already in sfdc, I don't want to create a duplicate record. Therefore, I want to give the user the opportunity to just enter their email address if they have previously filled out a form on our website. Once they enter their email address, I would like to find it in sfdc and append the campaignid to that record so we can report on it. Is this possible?

Thanks!

• October 16, 2007
HI all,

I'm tasked with creating an SSO solution. The client has a prior-existing Kentico CMS website, and we're building a Salesforce Community for them. They wish for users to be SSO'd in both places.

Our idea is to use their current Salesforce org as the identity provider and Kentico as the service provider. If the user tries to access a secure area in Kentico, they should get redirected to the community site login. After successful login, they should get redirected back to their originally-requested resource.

How well does this use case map to the built-in functionality in Salesforce? I've been playing around with the SSO settings in both Salesforce and Kentico, but I cannot acheive the desired result.

My thoughts are that I need to code an authentication redirect in Kentico that delivers the user to the community login page.

Any thoughts?
Currently we are using web2lead and web2case. On web2lead, I would like to be able to check if a record exists and if it does just update it with the campaignid. Can someone point me on how to get started...Apex...Triggers...oh my!
  • September 08, 2008
I have a requirement to add campaign history to the existing Lead. I want to create a new lead, if there is a lead/contact with the same e-mail I want to mark this new lead as DUPLICATE and want to update existing Lead/Contact  with the new Campaign and the other new field values.
Any clue will be appreciated.
Can someone point me in the right direction?  I am new to sforce, so please bare with me ...

I have created html forms using web-to-case.  When these cases are created in sforce, I want the Status field on the Contact table to be updated with different values based on what type of case was submitted (either Travel Request, Expense Report, or Academic form).  The Case is attached to the Contact record based on email address.

I thought maybe I should create a trigger on the Case object.  This is what I came up with .. but am getting an error.  Since this is new to me, I don't even know if I created it correctly or not ... or if there is another way I should do this.

trigger UpdateContactStatus on Case (after insert) {

if (Case.Reason = 'Travel Request')

{Contact.Status__c = 'Received Travel Request from Candidate';

}

}

This is the error: 

Error: Compile Error: Expression cannot be assigned at line -1 column -1

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Paige