• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can we create an approval process on the standard Opportunity Product object in Salesforce.com? The option is not available in the "Manage Approval Process For" drop down when I go in to create a new approval process. Please help
  • November 05, 2008
Has anyone used this new functionality from Salesforce.com's Winter 09 release, allowing now to create 2 master-detail relationships on a single junction object? I tried using this and was able to setup the object as well as the relationship fields in SFDC but cannot see this junction object in the Apex Explorer. I am also using Crystal Reports for reporting but this object is also not available within CR. Is this because of the multiple master-detail relationships that this object has? How does multiple relationships affect the objects visibility through the API?
  • October 30, 2008

Hello all,

Currently we have 2 custom fields on the case edit page layout.   Picklist field2 is dependent on controlling field picklist field1.  We want to change this so picklist field2 is dependent on a custom field on the Account so that the picklist is field2 is already filtered appropriately when the page loads.. ie.. Case.Contact.Account.customfield?  Is this possible?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am trying to display opportunity object details in the mobile. I embedded another visual force page in the  opportunity block . however I am getting all the fields in the standard opportunity and custom fields added  are displayed in mobile but visual force page which I embedded is not displaying on the mobile screen.
 My another doubt is page created by s control  , will get display on the mobile client.

thanks & regards,
satdmail
I want a formula field on opportunity that defaults to the value of a field on the Account. Usually it would be easy to set the formala to Account.FieldName.

Problem is it errors because Account.FieldName is a picklist field type. How would I set the forumula so this will work?
I'm trying to create a merge field in a custom object A that refers and gets value from another custom object B. I'm not able to get this value in objectA, but i'm able to get values for similar fields on standard object Account.

In short, i'm able to get 'C_Account__r.Name' in the formula field but not 'C_Partner__r.Name__c' where Account and Partner objects are related to custom object A through lookups. Here Account is the standard object and Partner is a custom object

Can anybody help me out?
  • December 11, 2008
Hi,

I have a custom object that lists all our products and their names (over 12,000 entries and growing daily).  I also have a custom object that I would like to have the product name field auto populated once the product code has been entered.  I was told I need to create an s-control and I have no experience in s-controls nor do I have any IT support to help me.  What I am trying to accomplish is similar to excel's VLOOKUP function that when a product code is entered, it will be looked up in my product codes list custom object and return the product name associated with the product code.  Please help!!!
  • December 05, 2008
Kindly, help me by giving some solution to solve my problem.
My problem is that, I have created an approval process and entered Initial submission with field update and it is working properly but the final action in which I entered email alert for approval status is not working and same with final rejection action.

If anybody have any solution for this please reply.

Thanks!
  • December 03, 2008
In the Contacts Home page there is the view that includes:

Selector for views

The recent contacts list

and below that are the Reports and Tools list that let you click on the links to do tasks such as HTML email status reports or Import my Organizations & Contacts.

I am trying to modify the Reports and Tools lists, but can not find out where to do this.  In the Setup > Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts I have serached and can not find any references to the Reports or Tools lists.

Can someone provide me with an overview of how to modify the Reports and Tools in the Contacts Home page.
Thanks
Jim

Hi ,

I need to remove Edit Button in ' Notes and Attachments ' Related Lists for Accounts Object ie. I want to make Notes Read Only .But I am not able to customize that ,since it is showing , ' the selected Related List cant be edited ' . How can i customize Notes and Attachments Related Lists ??

Thanks
Bhuvana
  • December 01, 2008
Hi all,

what's the advantage/disadvantage of using crystal report for SFDC DB?

Thanks.
I have a client who is interested in pulling Contact records along with its related CampaignHistory records. I wasn't even aware there was a CampaignHistory related list but it is there in Salesforce. When I looked for it in the API there is no CampaignHistory object. Can someone shed some light on this object?

Thanks much.
  • November 18, 2008
Does anyone know how to enable the API for an Org on a developer account.  I just created a new one and I'm getting an error from the force migration tool that the API is not enabled for my org.  I also noticed that there is no "Profiles" link under Manage Users.  Why would that be?

Keith Larsen
Hello --

I am triggering a number of tasks from the Case Object.  However, when the task triggers, the Contact Name from the Case does not pass through to the Task. 

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this ???

Thanks in advance

Scott M
Hi,
Can use we xls Connector in sandbox for inserting sample records, because I need to test my triggers for bulk update?

Thanks,
Ganu
  • November 10, 2008
I have an Developer Account using that am trying to create different application ,here is my problem ?.

I created New Application.The new application contains some Standard object like account and contacts?

after creating the new application am seeing exiting application custom fields.Their is any reason my application looks like that.Here I dt want see exiting application customs fields ,what i do for this type of problem.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Regards
Gopi

• November 07, 2008
I need to creates some cross object formulas that pull information from a task over to the opportunity.  From what I have read that should be possible, however, I am struggling with the syntax.  If anyone could provide some general examples of the formulas that would be a big help. 

Thanks
JG

Message Edited by jimguiles on 10-31-2008 06:21 AM
Has anyone used this new functionality from Salesforce.com's Winter 09 release, allowing now to create 2 master-detail relationships on a single junction object? I tried using this and was able to setup the object as well as the relationship fields in SFDC but cannot see this junction object in the Apex Explorer. I am also using Crystal Reports for reporting but this object is also not available within CR. Is this because of the multiple master-detail relationships that this object has? How does multiple relationships affect the objects visibility through the API?
  • October 30, 2008
I must be doing something wrong, as I can´t believe this is so complicated.

I want to add a "Reason Lost" to my Opportunities. This new field will be a picklist.

I want to validate that, if the status is changed to "Closed - Lost" a "Reason Lost" must be entered.

If I have 3 reasons, let´s say: "Price", "Service", "Cancelled Operation"

Do I really need a formula like this?

AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Lost"), NOT(OR(ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Price"),ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Service"),ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Cancelled Operation"))))

I would have hoped for a much simpler:

AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Lost"), NOT(ISNULL(ReasonLost__c)))

What am I doing wrong? or is this a limitation? (I can´t imagine if I want to do this for a picklist with 100 values!)

Thanks all!
  • October 30, 2008