• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

http://www.astitch.net/backupimport/

Take a look at this tool which is being used by customers in Australia to solve the problem of loading related records. Any feedback is welcome...

I have a requirement to be able to invoke Apex Code web services with different class & method names but always the same parameters and return types.

The only wsdls that I can see are the enterprise & partner api wsdl which cannot call apex, the apex wsdl which only allows execute anonymous or a class specific wsdl but its specific and I need a generic version.

In the apex toolkit there is a call "sforce.apex.execute" which does this exact thing.

Does anyone know of a way of making a similar invocation from java or another wsdl/soap client?

It has occurred to me to generate a java client (wsdl2java) and then subclass the required methods to acheive this but I wonder if there is a better way.

Any suggestions are welcome...
Hi all,

I've upgraded to the latest Eclipse Plugin and it works well for custom development in customer instances.

However, when I try to edit Apex Classes or S-Controls in an org which is the source for my managed application, I cannot get any of my edits written back to Salesforce.

The plugin tells me that the files are readonly because they were installed as part of a managed package. This is incorrect, they are the source of the managed package.

I've seen this at a customer site as well. It seems that any time you assign a developer prefix to an org, the Eclipse plugin no longer saves changes back to Salesforce.

I've searched the boards for similar problems but no luck. Can anybody help me out?\

Thanks, Steve

http://www.astitch.net/backupimport/

Take a look at this tool which is being used by customers in Australia to solve the problem of loading related records. Any feedback is welcome...

I need to create a new instance of a custom object prior to making an outbound HTTP Service Request.

If I attempt to make the Callout without committing database changes, I get an error.  However, I haven't seen anything in the documentation describing how to make the commit.

Is there Database method (ala Database.setSavepoint())?

Thanks,

Hi all,

I've upgraded to the latest Eclipse Plugin and it works well for custom development in customer instances.

However, when I try to edit Apex Classes or S-Controls in an org which is the source for my managed application, I cannot get any of my edits written back to Salesforce.

The plugin tells me that the files are readonly because they were installed as part of a managed package. This is incorrect, they are the source of the managed package.

I've seen this at a customer site as well. It seems that any time you assign a developer prefix to an org, the Eclipse plugin no longer saves changes back to Salesforce.

I've searched the boards for similar problems but no luck. Can anybody help me out?\

Thanks, Steve